ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your 2014 Game of the Year

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
A year that promised so much, but in truth actually delivered very little.

All the big titles were put back to 2015, but a surprise release of GTA V for next gen consoles was nice.

Game of the Year for me was Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Thoroughly enjoying it. I was half tempted to trade it in after 4 or 5 hours play, but having sat down with it and actually following the missions instead of running around hacking and slicing off Orc's heads, it's been one of the most entertaining games I've played. Up to 20 hours in now and only 25% done overall. Sadly it's single player only, but for a welcome break away from Fifa 15, it's all good and it's keeping me away from GTA V, Forza Horizons 2 and Far Cry 4 - which I haven't even bought yet.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/09/26/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-review

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Out of the 2 games I've bought this year, Forza Horizon 2. Genuinely brilliant!

Buying the Xbox One recently has rekindled my love for gaming again - I'd lost interest on the 360.

Goliath I
Not really bought many games this year, at least none that would count for game of the year.

I'd probably have to go with Batman: Arkham City. I know its pre-2014 and I only paid about £5 for it, but it was awesome and the game I've definitely enjoyed more than any other this year.

Mito Sportiva 135
Not a great deal to choose from, but overall Destiny I guess. Mainly because there haven't been many other good ones out which I've played.

I would imagine it would be Halo: MCC or Dragon Age but not played either of those yet, and FH2 looks decent too

Shadow of mordor for me too, which is a surprise.
Gta 5 is technically an immense game, an superior to shadow of m.
But for enjoyment, satisfaction and something different, I loved shadow. One of the most enjoyable games I've played in years.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
I would of said destiny if they'd have made it better, gameplay was brilliant but 5 years to make a game that has basically 10 missions and takes a weekend to complete wtf is that about

But anyway, probably say the evil within. Not the best game ever but was good fun, a good length, well made and was a breath of fresh air considering 99% of games are just pumped out by EA now and are exactly the same

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I really liked Shadow of Mordor but I think Far Cry pips it.
It has been fairly disappointing for games imo this year. I didn't bother with GTA on the PS4, maybe I'll grab it in a sale. I have only played 5 minuted if Unity so can't give judgement on it.

The violence is satisfying and brutal!! The kills you get are stunning and cinematic. The nemesis systems great, good feeling taking down war chiefs and their body guards!

7fdd1581ce7a4a1370b190289fb4480d.jpg
0653ba3afba81039ad8809a9986614c7.jpg
6fb5fc46e3f4359f5d1317a38887ed5a.jpg

Nuff said. We have our winner! [emoji106]

1.8 Civic EX
I'd go with SoM too. It's just got something about it that makes it different from the tiresome, racing/fps/sport fest of games that flood the market. It's only downside is it ended far to quickly.

GTA V (next gen) is ok, but it's just another GTA game but with more depth, it's nothing "new".

Mito Sportiva 135
I need to try SoM judging by all the positive reviews!
What about biggest disappointment? I found Titanfall a bit of a let down considering how much I was looking forward to it; it was good but just not great
Also Destiny, not the game I had hoped for, yet I can't stop playing it!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Biggest disappointment for me was Watchdogs. It could have been so much better. I suppose they have kept more for the next installment.

I got Murdered:Soul suspect cheap and it was alright. Didn't expect much from it.
I played the demo of Thief and didn't like it. Wanted to play The Crew, played the demo, couldn't really care about playing the full version.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
FarCry4 for a story based game and FIFA 15 for online.

p.s. Forza Horizon 2 is currently £24.99 in Sainsbury's for those that are interested.

Is that on the XBO? Got the missus on it, not really fussed but at that price I fancy a go.

Out of GTA FC4 and FM5 I'd say my favorite has been GTA but they are all great in there own way, just getting back into Farcry now and still loving a bit of Forza on the side.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Is that on the XBO? Got the missus on it, not really fussed but at that price I fancy a go.

Out of GTA FC4 and FM5 I'd say my favorite has been GTA but they are all great in there own way, just getting back into Farcry now and still loving a bit of Forza on the side.
Yes mate.

I've got SHadow of Mordor and Halo MCC for christmas. Think Shadow of Mordor is going to be great. Love sword fighting games!

For me its a mix-up between FH2, Shadow of Mordor & Wolfenstien: The new order.

They all have their strong points, but i'd have to say that FH2 wins it for me, just for the sheer enjoyment factor!

AK

M240i
I'd go with SoM too. It's just got something about it that makes it different from the tiresome, racing/fps/sport fest of games that flood the market. It's only downside is it ended far to quickly.

GTA V (next gen) is ok, but it's just another GTA game but with more depth, it's nothing "new".
How many hours did you put into it? I'm 47 hours in, lol.

1.8 Civic EX
How many hours did you put into it? I'm 47 hours in, lol.

40hrs to get 100% 1000/1000 achievements.

What I meant by ending too quick was the story. It takes a good amount of time to build up then the last few missions are over in a flash. Still a great game though.

LY 200 EDC LUX
Its a tough one.

GTA 5 for me. Absolutely brilliant. Even if you've played it on the 360 / PS3, it is well worth getting it again. I would have chosen FARCRY 4, but the story and ESPECIALLY the characters just aren't as involving or, quite frankly, as interesting as those in number 3. I also feel that 'Sunset Overdrive' is worth a mention. Great game!

Most dissapointing - Watchdogs. What a complete load of pap!!!

I don't really understand all the hate towards Watchdogs, it was massively over-hyped but it was far from terrible.

I'd have to say FarCry 4 is probably the best game I've played this year, I've held off buying Destiny and Horizons 2 until I get round to buying an Xbox One though. 2014 hasn't been a particularly stellar year considering some of the awesome games that came out in 2013.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
GTA 5 for me. I thought the next gen version was superb, I really enjoyed playing through it again.

I wanted Destiny to be my game of the year, unfortunately I didn't really get into it as I played it alone, and I'm a bit too far behind everyone else now.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I wanted it to be Destiny... but for the first 9-10 weeks I had it I couldn't get online to play the damn thing (largely due to a 'Wasp' error that went unresolved for aaaages). I was so far behind my mates at that stage that I haven't even bothered playing it since.

2014 Focus Titanium
CS:Global Offensive for me, with GTA in 2nd place.

Although CSGO isn't a 2014 game I only started playing it this year and it has rekindled my PC gaming massively. All this console s**t isn't a patch on a good old 5v5 MR15 with 4 mates in mumble. Pure awesomesauce, reminds me of my 1.6 CS:S days.

GTA was also a very good, can't wait til it comes out on PC in Jan.

dk

911 GTS Cab
GTA for me, has everything.

Bought wolfenstein from game the other day, only £19.99 in their sale, in fact ,out games are heavily discounted from 55 down to about 25, the only games that weren't were GTA, far cry and little big planet I think.