ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your "go to" android apps

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, otherwise where will the blackberry owner and windows phone owners post?

No where as they don't exist.

On a serious note the reason apple chat was created was to stop clogging up the main section with apple related threads. Surely there are more android related threads posted each day then there are apple? I may be wrong tbf.

But also on the point of "new Samsung phone where do they post" you've got to look at Android in a similar way to Apple. It is an OS but it's not really viewed as such any more, the manufacturer of the phone is largely irrelevant, it's the OS that makes the phone what it is so the difference between a Nexus 5 and a Samsung S4 is more like the difference between a 5 and a 5s.

It's hard to explain but I'm sure other android users will agree.

Last edited:

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Yeah but remember Apple is outside of Phones and Internet altogether, so you end up with:

Phones & Internet
Android and Hardware
Other
That doesn't make any sense as then you've made Phones & Internet a category (i.e. no posts as the subforms exhaust all posibilities)

So then you drop Phones and Internet altogether, and then technology chat looks like this which is nonsense:

Android and Hardware
Other Phones
Photography
PC & Console
Apple Chat

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Then set it out as

Android Chat
Apple Chat
PC & Console
Photography
Other Phones & Internet

At present where should we be posting about Android TV, Android based tablets etc etc?

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
The other thing is you then require our mods to know which model phones run Android to judge if somethings in the correct section.

If someone posts about their Doogee Voyager 2 in Other Phones, who the hell knows that's Android based.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I can see it causing a lot more issues than the current layout. It all needs a rethink rather than just adding an Android section tbh.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
The only way it can work is to just add an Android subform under Phones & Internet, but it's not great having a structure where the subform contiains the majority of posts.

The other thing is you then require our mods to know which model phones run Android to judge if somethings in the correct section.

Maybe an overhaul of the entire tech section is needed. It's moved on massively since those categories.

And in answer to your mod comment give a couple of tech nerds moderating permissions on the tech subforum. Only over threads though, not post removal or powers over users.

3 or 4 frequent users should do it. Give them a status that appears in that section only like moderators etc do on the rest of the forum that shows that are a resident geek or similar. It will also help with people knowing who knows what they are talking about

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
The tech section needs a bit of a review in general, so we'll definitely consider it in any changes, but tbh there are much bigger priorities at the moment.

Create an android section and someone really needs to go through the 3500 threads in phones and internet and move them. We haven't even done that with most of the iPhone threads in there, but if android is split out as well then this will need sorting.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
On topic.... launcher looks immense. lots of custimisation. 90% of it I will break the phone with.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
You won't break anything. Nova is brilliant. Buy the license and install teslaunread like @Addicted said. You won't look back.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
One step at a time. :eek:

So much to tweak! Tapatalk isn't as good on android!

Can I change what page is my home screen on nova?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
One step at a time. :eek:

So much to tweak! Tapatalk isn't as good on android!

Can I change what page is my home screen on nova?
Tap the home button on the home screen, it'll show you all your pages, you can rearrange them and set which one you want as default.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks. Slowly getting more and more into it. Putting my slant on it.

Currently typing one handed on this thing! Impressing myself!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't enjoy swype.

Also didn't like swift key that much. I like the stock key board with the spaces. I think I just need to play around with swift key to enjoy it.

Stock keyboard is missing arrows for accuracte corrections.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Right more importantly when I go into my cleanermaster app and 70% of the ram is being used, how can I stop apps that i've never even opened from working in the background?

I don't want them working away. I tried greenify but noobness may be homding me back from perfecting it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Battery so far with heavy-ish use and 75%-100% brightness so far...

4f1448f1e005706ca4b74d74039d13e1.jpg

Should also add it used zero % overnight which impressed me. Tested with 13% and woke up with 13%.

Nice, so roughly 3hr 30mins screen time and only down to 54%? Pretty impressive considering the size!

Mind you, aren't the Samsung screens AmoLED, so blacks = not backlit (less battery use)?

Either way, nice!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah full amoled. Live wallpaper but it isn't bright so probably fair. I think Tw0itter is the brightest app white wise i've been using.

Need to find all the useful apps now basics are out the way.

Bit off topic, but how are you finding the Note 4 in general so far, Gally?
Missus is considering an Android tablet and really likes the reviews of the Note 4 she has read so far...
Wondering if there are any issues with using it as your only device?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I love it and the stylus although a gimick to some is superb. Written so many notes today (I use so many notes)

It's big but I love it. Always wanted a big screen after playing with thd latest flagships and i'm glad I did. The screen is just phenomenal.

Feels comfortable to use after a few hours use now as it's much thinner than you would think it could be.

Battery performance as above. Will grab an image later also.

Size I think will be the crux for a lot of people.

Thanks Gally!
My mate has the Note 3 and at first I thought it was hilariously massive (...she said!) but it doesn't look too OTT after getting used to it.
However I think as one device to use for most daily stuff, it might be a better bet than an 8 or 10 inch tablet.
We have a MacBook Air so laptop needs are very well covered.

I'm not sure if a 6-incher is too small to use for a main device or not though?
I would undoubtedly look like a pillock making calls on a 10-inch tablet though!

Decisions, decisions.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I'm not sure if a 6-incher is too small to use for a main device or not though?
I would undoubtedly look like a pillock making calls on a 10-inch tablet though!

Decisions, decisions.
Since having my nexus 5 (5.2"ish?), I find I hardly ever pick up my ipad. I think if I went upto a 6-incher, then I wouldn't have much use for a tablet.

Having said that, I only use my ipad for browsing the internet and not much more.

Hmm, the missus wants something for taking photos, internet browsing, making the odd call and keeping in touch with mates.
I'm not sure how much difference there would be between 6 and 10 inch screens for those purposes really.
Proper browsing/documents/photo editing would all be on the laptop anyway.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Hmm, the missus wants something for taking photos, internet browsing, making the odd call and keeping in touch with mates.
I'm not sure how much difference there would be between 6 and 10 inch screens for those purposes really.
Proper browsing/documents/photo editing would all be on the laptop anyway.
Maybe look into the Note4, Nexus 6, or the OnePlusOne then mate?

For what I do with a phone/tablet, a six inch screen would be plenty.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
the Note 4 Is a cracking phone imo the battery last ages and ultra power saving mode is a good feature. The screen is immense the size might put A few people off but I'm used to it now. It only just fits in my pocket mind. The pen is a really good feature. I'm still playing around with it at the moment