ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your "go to" android apps

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looking for the ultimate email app and also I need to ask, why are apps starting without me asking, why would the S remote app need to run at all? Can't seem to find a decent enough disabler. Hibernation doesn't seem to work that well.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Looking for the ultimate email app and also I need to ask, why are apps starting without me asking, why would the S remote app need to run at all? Can't seem to find a decent enough disabler. Hibernation doesn't seem to work that well.

Nova launcher allows you to disable apps iirc.

What email account do you have? Gmail I'd use gmail and wait until you can get an invite for inbox.

Only allows you to hide apps on the menus iirc, not disable them.

As for disabling Samsung apps - you will need root to do so (to remove them), or another app which kills them constantly (again, root required for system apps).

That is why Touchwiz and Samsung phones with Android can be a pain - there's a fair bit of bloatware.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Even things like call ui starting up! Why, I haven't used that app. Task killer is set to kill apps everytime I lock the phone but is that going to use more battery anyway?

It's not laggy or poor battery I just optimum slimline performance. I'll live with it and leave clean master and task killer to do the work if need be. The battery life is insane, very impressed!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's not annoying me, i'm more worried about the phone but it's performing great. If I didn't know they were running I wouldn't know as the performance is great. :eek:

The fact we sat and watched show box at lunch some comedy show makes me forget about Apple already. Tiny tunes etc. So good. Okay google voice activation is awesome! Very impressed.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh and in regards to fully backing up the full, pics and everything? App or plug into the laptop?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Oh and in regards to fully backing up the full, pics and everything? App or plug into the laptop?
I'd just set it up with the complimentary 50gb of free Dropbox and have that automatically upload images / videos when connected to WiFi. Most things are backed up automatically through your Google account.

Otherwise I can't help much with app data etc as I've never backed up without root access.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Even things like call ui starting up! Why, I haven't used that app. Task killer is set to kill apps everytime I lock the phone but is that going to use more battery anyway?

Task killers are a waist of time and your battery with android. The RAM is used differently to PC's! Have a read of this to get the gist..
http://www.howtogeek.com/127388/htg-explains-why-you-shouldnt-use-a-task-killer-on-android/

Back on topic WeQ4U is a great app for free calls to 0845, 0800 etc numbers

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate. I never understood ram.

Downloaded the other app. Always a ball ache phoning insurance etc.

E39 530i
Anyone know of an app or how to enable direct upload of pictures to Skydrive rather than Google drive? don't want to use Google drive.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Just get the OneDrive app? Not sure if it's the same as on iPhone but I can select auto-uploads...

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Anyone got any further recommendations, it's been a long time since last post and i need some new ideas

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Cerberus is a good app, provides GPS tracking and device control, has a web portal so if you loose your phone you can login and (hopefully) see where it is.
I find it works better than the stock Android 'find my phone' app.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Solid Explorer - Now that ES File Explorer has sold out
Aftership - Great for package tracking
Translate (Google Translate) For conversations in different languages and translating live text via the camera.

Astra H 1.8 SRi
I've had Swiftkey Keyboard on every device I've had. Lots of ways to customise it, bigger keys, having access to the numbers along the top row of the keyboard, but predictions are pretty spot on to. Give it access to your texts and it'll learn the way you type so predictions get better and better. Can also give it access to Bookface and your emails as well if you like.
Also Quickpic is the other one I have. When Google's Photo app changed I hated it, so switched over to it fully. Can create folders, move, and edit photos, and hide entire folders if you wish.