ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your lowered MK2 clios with 16s on?

Please can everyone post pictures of their lowered clios (preferably 40mm and black) with 16 inch wheels on. my car failed the MOT with 17s so i may need to swap!

thanks a lot everyone.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
My 172 on Speedline Turinis and 40mm APEX kit.

1cead2e2.jpg

i love your car carbon, you got any closer pictures... do you think i should do it, or find some steelies and swap em on and off for the MOT?

why did it fail on 17's?? that doesnt make sense. it can fail due to needing new tyres, but not because the wheels are too big! i know someone with an older shape civic that is runnning 20" alloy wheels! that went through mot fine and ,standard was 13/14" steelies

1.6 16v
My Car on 16" rims and lowered -35mm on Full Kit!

afca9a9d.gif

124ef29f.gif

002.gif

Its now got a little dint in the side passenger door lol.

1.6 16v
my handling was mint mate, with 16's on but if my cars wrote off i am going 17's lowered -60mm on full kit lol

How bad was it rubbing on full lock? Never heard that before? Where did you take it for its MOT?

was at the official garage mate, SMC one in Woking, Surrey. I think it only touched on full lock, it is lowered as well, maybe that had an effect.

Does anyone reccomend borrowing some wheels off someone and using them for it, or should I swap?

:(

K9 EVV
ive never heard of that. mine drop 70mm on 17 and past.if i was you i would go somewhere else..

1.6 16v
post sum pics of ur car up dude!

If u like ur 17s just get sum old steelys or sumthing to pass mot then put ur rims bk on!

K9 EVV
theres mine pasted its mot last friday:

Attachments

• K9EVV3.jpg
    K9EVV3.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 05005.jpg
    05005.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 230
  • 05006.jpg
    05006.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 188
  K20 EG Hatch
/\ /\ hehe

tis rolling on FK coilovers on max setting at the back and 40mm thread left on the front, its low!

K20 EG Hatch
very nice austion, limo tints all the way :)
will be getting some as soon as i got money again lol, god christmas is expensive!

was also told that the wheels are too heavy for the power steering motor.... thought people with 17s might want to know.

3 MPS
here,s my old cup with fk coilovers , bak is down as far as poss , not sure on the front tho it rubbed a bit on full lock . looked s**t hot tho

PIC00582.jpg

i miss it you know

A well built VW
Vinny whats the difference between the 16 and 17s ride wise ?

I had problems with mine rubbing but it was just the liner needed a bit of manipulation might be an idea to see where it rubs and get a BIG hammer to it