ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

your opinion of the mk3?

Slow red one
dunno if this has been started before but just wondering everyones opinion of the mk3 as i am test driving one tomo to see how it handles.

sorry if its already been done
thanks.

dunno if this has been started before but just wondering everyones opinion of the mk3 as i am test driving one tomo to see how it handles.

sorry if its already been done
thanks.

just for the record.....

we dont care...

only joking, its nice.

J03

MX5 1.8
same here mk3 looks too feminine.. too curvy i reckon. not as bulgy and chunky looking as the mk2s

Golf TDI
i didnt like them at first . because theyre such a different shape from the mk 2 's but tbh they are coming round to me now , when i see a red 197 :) lowered etc

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
non RS MK3's drive much better than non RS MK2's, much better gearbox/linkage, better engine mounts, better ride quality, better steering just feels much better, never driven a 197 so cant compair that.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive got a 1.2 16v mk3 to fly about in, its awesome! after 60k miles its loosened up brilliantly, and weird thing is it has much more torque than the 1.2 16v mk2 i drive about in :S 25mph in th gear is no problem in the mk3 but not in the mk2, must be the different ratio gearbox?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
197 = :) normal = :(

Agreed.

The 197 makes the 1*2 look so dated.

Still not convinced of that myself. I was looking a lot more at the Mk2's than the Mk3's at FCS.

Slightly lowered 172 Cups, for example look absolutely stunning, imo.

If I could buy a 172 Cup or a 197 Cup brand new from a dealership tomorrow - just purely on looks alone, I'd be heading towards the 172.

D.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I'd have a 197 any day, but the rest of the MK3's are horrible. I drove a 1.6 Dynamique S and hated the darn thing. It felt liike a slow wallowy old bus. MK3's? No thanks!

Slow red one
test drove it today and am collecting it on the 11th july:)
loved it tbh.
its a 1.2 turbo and feels so much nicer than my ph1 to drive.
done 6k miles on it.
you'll all probs abuse it but i like it:)
anyway pics are not tht great as was taken on my phone....

DSC01224.jpg

DSC01226.jpg

White Sti Hatch
Great cars imo...i would say that as i own one :) ! Body roll is stupid at the standard height and the car has to be lowered to look good at all....An example....

Mine on Coils
DSC_0200.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

BMW E92/Audi S3
If theyre done properly yeah they look sweet. But BOG standard.. EEEK just like the MK2 Non RS..EEEEK

the mk3s are very nice easy to drive buit better not the best handling but lowering should solve that :D the tce engine are peachs an kitted they look fantastic ;)

yours looks nice but not sure if its your cam or its a bit faded :eek:

Last edited:
  Slow red one
Great cars imo...i would say that as i own one :) ! Body roll is stupid at the standard height and the car has to be lowered to look good at all....An example....

Mine on Coils
DSC_0200.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

how much are coils? won't be getting any just yet as only just brought it but love it and can not wait to get it:) loving the height:cool:

Slow red one
the mk3s are very nice easy to drive not the best handling but lowering should solve that kitted they look fantastic ;) :D the tce engine are a peach or the dcis :D

yours looks nice but not sure if its your cam or its a bit faded :eek:

probs cam as it was taken on my phone lol. thanks:)

White Sti Hatch
Mines cost me just over £600 for the coils and fitted and set up well worth the cash for the stance and the 0% Body roll

Its roughtly sitting at 70mm rear and 65 front

R27
When my 182 went in the renault garage they gave me a 1.2 turbo mk3 was good fun and the interior was better but needed lowering!:cool:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Eye candy for a few months until they bring out a facelift.

Wont be long till the thread "Remember the Mk3 anyone...."

still be anoying if they do then again it wont be a majour one wheels trim maybe revided nose an rear so it looks likes its family

test drove it today and am collecting it on the 11th july:)
loved it tbh.
its a 1.2 turbo and feels so much nicer than my ph1 to drive.
done 6k miles on it.
you'll all probs abuse it but i like it:)
anyway pics are not tht great as was taken on my phone....

DSC01224.jpg

DSC01226.jpg

Nice! Not my colour (liverpool fc red :dapprove:), but it does look sarx!

320d
biohzrd's mk 3 looks awsome, this is the route i'm thinking of going, mk 3 dynamique s either TCE or 1.6 VVT on coils. Will have to see how the TCE maps though because at 11 seconds to 60 its not very quick altho i realy enjoyed my test drive in it, very good engine.

White Sti Hatch
biohzrd's mk 3 looks awsome, this is the route i'm thinking of going, mk 3 dynamique s either TCE or 1.6 VVT on coils. Will have to see how the TCE maps though because at 11 seconds to 60 its not very quick altho i realy enjoyed my test drive in it, very good engine.

Cheers mate :)

Ive got the 1.6 and have to say coming from a 1.2 8v its awsome ive also had a go in my mates 1.2 TCE and for a 1.2 they have some poke but between the two id much rather have the 1.6 more potential after a Re map witch i will be getting later in the year

320d
What mpg you getting out of it then mate? what power will the remap push out then? you planning any other mods such as induction etc, as you may have seen my other tread in other marques i'm starting to plan my next car and realisically unless i see something i cant resist it will be around this time next year, but a mini cooper is very tempting.

White Sti Hatch
What mpg you getting out of it then mate? what power will the remap push out then? you planning any other mods such as induction etc, as you may have seen my other tread in other marques i'm starting to plan my next car and realisically unless i see something i cant resist it will be around this time next year, but a mini cooper is very tempting.

Got a good 38.2mpg on the way down to FCS 950 miles !! Blasting about town itll drop to around 32 all depends on how you drive it.