ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your opinions on FCS 2010

ITB'd MK1
TBH it felt the same as the last 2 years Ive been

Glad you said that, dont feel like I missed anything by not going. FCS just lacks anything i want from a show tbh, If it was a weekender with camping and barbeques I'd be all over it. Anyone that's done a JAE (japanese Auto Extraviganza) will know what i mean

DB.

BMW 440i
Was the same old, might give it a miss next year and just do Trax as i enjoyed that more last year due to there being more on.

Highlight of the day was the track time for me, Convoy was sh*t at the beginning.

Prices of Ice cream were ridiculous!

Not much in terms of intersting entertainment.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
The convoy down was awesome, although keeping up with 5 vee's a 197 and 182 aint easy... but the sound from the vee's :hail:

Last edited:
  182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
the only critisism i have was whoever decided the music, blasting out of those speakers wants shooting. They were placed pretty poorley in places too. other than that was pretty average.

Abarth 500 Essesse
Thats because we had to give everyone enough spce to get out on track if needed, we cant help it if you arrive later and that we have the biggest turn out of cars... :)

p.s We did our best to park you all nicely!

I thought you'd decided 200's needed to be hidden away out of sight, so as not to embarrass the club ;)

It was very similar to 2 years ago, apart from the layout, might go to trax, we'll see.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
One improvement would be to have a clio sport bbq on site at lunch instead of the crap they were serving up, did anyone else try what they described as pizza?

I'd also have liked demos of things i want to learn to do, like machine polishing.

Dont really know what else to add but needs something, maybe turn the vip bit into a pub?

172 cup
One improvement would be to have a clio sport bbq on site at lunch instead of the crap they were serving up, did anyone else try what they described as pizza?

I'd also have liked demos of things i want to learn to do, like machine polishing.

Dont really know what else to add but needs something, maybe turn the vip bit into a pub?

I had a pork and stuffing roll, it shoulda been called fat and stuffing roll :dead:

Agree on the BBQ thing although probably cant cos of health and safety no doubt

I like the idea of the demo's though, also think so kind of fun fair and simulator type thingys would be good.

Im not moaning though, I had a good day out tbh

Might try Trax though to see the comparision as people have said good things about Trax

DB.

BMW 440i
The convoy down was awesome, although keeping up with 5 vee's a 197 and 182 aint easy... but the sound from the vee's :hail:

You wouldn't have struggled with the West Mids one at 50mph. :dapprove:

Parking was all organised perfectly. Was very happy with my spot and was easy to get out for track!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Im SO glad we didnt buy a stand pass... FCS has gone down hill bigtime..

The show was tiny, with a rubbish little arena, the one time we did wander over to it 2 blokes were just pratting around on bikes.. yawn.

I had much more fun on the infield area playing with Flan and his stupidly crazy kit car.. such a shame that you couldnt spectate over there this year.

Was nice to catch up with some old faces that i havent seen in yonks, old CS members who hide out in the background :D

R14 CUP
Glad I made the decision not to go, sounds much like FiTP. I will be in attendence at trax though - for sure :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I still think it was worth going, and if I could go back in time to yesterday and make the choice i would still go.

Something different to the usual weekend activities :)

172 cup
I still think it was worth going, and if I could go back in time to yesterday and make the choice i would still go.

Something different to the usual weekend activities :)

hear hear

Also well done to admin for all their hard work working out the parking etc

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
You wouldn't have struggled with the West Mids one at 50mph. :dapprove:

Parking was all organised perfectly. Was very happy with my spot and was easy to get out for track!

I slept through my alarm :dapprove: if i go trax il convoy with you lot :approve:

DB.

BMW 440i
Me and my friend ended up leaving the convoy towards the end, was at the lights as they just went red and the rest were quite far back.

It was far too slow at 55mph ish when we were already late. Ah well.

421 Cammed 172
Me and my friend ended up leaving the convoy towards the end, was at the lights as they just went red and the rest were quite far back.

It was far too slow at 55mph ish when we were already late. Ah well.

Those last roads were 50 & 60mph roads which were full of police so I'd rather not get a ticket personally!

How many cars did they have? What was their purpose for doing it?

I believe it was a memorial parade for someone called Gav Collier - lad from Saxperience - was killed earlier in the year when he went to look at a car. Not sure how many but three abreast/lots.

DB.

BMW 440i
Those last roads were 50 & 60mph roads which were full of police so I'd rather not get a ticket personally!

It was the motorway where it was also at 55mph other than a small burst at 70.

Well under the limit. I didn't speed once on the way there.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Dont know which convoy you were on, dont think it was mine. But leading is very difficult, not everyone wants to go fast, I tried going the limit everywhere but kept getting big gaps between me and the cars behind so in the end stuck to 60 on the motorway which kept us all bunched up and together.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
And well done to the kind members that volunteered their help:
182BOO (Andrea), E11 OOT, Adam24 (and mate)and Kirsty (backed up by the staff)
Everyone's patience was appreciated.

Also good to speak to the various members that came over to the marquee

Ollie's Silver Cup
Dont know which convoy you were on, dont think it was mine. But leading is very difficult, not everyone wants to go fast, I tried going the limit everywhere but kept getting big gaps between me and the cars behind so in the end stuck to 60 on the motorway which kept us all bunched up and together.

I was surprised at how well it was maintained after Leicester Forest East, 'cause of all the traffic lights. Think the convoy got seperated into 2 or 3 groups, but seemed to run pretty smoothly! Nice one for organising/leading it! :)

None
It was the first time i had been and although worth the trip i did get a little bored by dinner, the convoy down was worth going for alone though.......just wish my engine management light hadn't come on :(......still it made it there and back so can't complain.

The Terry grant thing was ok but the woman constantly seeking applause was too much.......i mean i can weld but i don't need applause for it everyday!, it was a bit much the guy was giving the crowd a hard time for not clapping him :S

All in all not bad but i see it more of a good half day meet with mates rather than a good show, bit dissapointed there were'nt more trade stands.....for instance i needed new spark plugs and a torque wrench and would have happily paid but there were none to be found......and considering much of the show was featuring cars with huge sound systems there was no one there selling Audio equipment.

It was good though and i would go again but probably plan to leave around dinner rather than stay the whole day :)

Thanks to Admin and all helped with the parking. The most organised one yet. So well done and loved my prime spot.

The show itself was not as good as previous years and I won't be getting up at ridiculous o'clock next year. Was so knackered by the time I got home.

The convoy up was great even if I did end up leading it. Sorry if I lost anyone, damn traffic lights. Also that play with those two Astras had to be done.

MK2 172 FF
the parade lap for sax-p was gash, too many cars. LOL at the boys getting pulled over for racing on it though. agree with Jenic, i wish that woman would of shut up

Is that what they got pulled for? haha i have to say the cs parade lap last year was alot more refined. no horns. no silly racing. just paying respect.

Im a staff member on sax-p and every member the participated in the parade lap signed a disclaimer and was handed a pass for the track that stated that the MAX speed limit was 50mph and that there was to be no over taking. Its a real shame and embarrassment that these idiots decided to ignore this

How many cars did they have? What was their purpose for doing it?

There was a limit set by the officials on 125. The parade lap was dedicated to a member that recently died in a car crash. Gav Colier aka. Japman

Yes don't worry they will be 'flammed'

Please dont think that this is how ever member of Sax-p is because its not.