ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your opinions on FCS 2010

421 Cammed 172
Just seeing what everyone else thought about it today...

I thought it would be more spectacular with it being their 10th birthday and all. It was much like last year. I understand it's hard to make drastic changes to such a big show but it thought something would change!

The weather probably didn't help the day which can't be helped by anyone.

What did everyone else think?

Not trying to start a flaming thread on the organiser but I think some constructive criticism and what people like and don't like and the organisers view on things could be helpful to everyone!

R26
i really liked it, was my first one. the tracktime looked good. mind you... as good as he is, im so bored of terry grant (Stunt Driver) he is at EVERY car show

Fiesta ST-3
my first show and it was pretty much what i expected. Nothing too exciting but a good sort-of annual meet! That stunt driver pissed me off.... every time i went upto the traders he was doing the same thing

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I've never been, no intentions of going either!

Its too far away, a more central venue would be much better!!!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
First trip to fcs, one hell of a drive, but worth it imo..

Still wish i got more stickers :(

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Lol at more central, its location is pretty much spot on imo. Plus most events are around that part of the country since thats where the venue's are.

Was a decent show, trade needs to be improved imo, but it was better than last year.

Only real criticism is that womans piercing voice in the main arena, would like to shoot her in the foot tbh

ibiza cupra
im with you ad, was a little disapointed. not that it was a bad show but i think it could do with more stuff to do as we had done everything by 10. think next time we should get on the track :evil:

Italian 3.2 V6
Good,

fell in love with an alien green 200 tho, alot of lovely cars and iv kinda got hooked on the track thing! Session were toooo short! :( only got to do 3 laps once practice car went in! Weather was ok.

PSJ.

R26
the parade lap for sax-p was gash, too many cars. LOL at the boys getting pulled over for racing on it though. agree with Jenic, i wish that woman would of shut up

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Was the double as last year so got boring very quickly. Like above, i dont know what can be done different, but somthing needs to be done!!

Hopefully next years 10th birthday will be good!!

Sam!

Yozz'd up 182
Is that what they got pulled for? haha i have to say the cs parade lap last year was alot more refined. no horns. no silly racing. just paying respect.

421 Cammed 172
Lol at more central, its location is pretty much spot on imo. Plus most events are around that part of the country since thats where the venue's are.

Was a decent show, trade needs to be improved imo, but it was better than last year.

Only real criticism is that womans piercing voice in the main arena, would like to shoot her in the foot tbh

Agree with you on the trade comment. There's plenty of space if you walk down past the trade that it could be extended into.

Also some 'trade show' prices would be a good thing. Kudos to Streamline Carbon for their show prices.

There could be more there. TBH I thought someone like JAM Sport would've been there. All the Pug developers are there Pug1Off & Pug Performance etc.

im with you ad, was a little disapointed. not that it was a bad show but i think it could do with more stuff to do as we had done everything by 10. think next time we should get on the track :evil:

Track is a definite for next year mate! Might do a few track days actually if I can get it running sound.

Also the food prices ruin it. I know FCS Organisers have no control over this but charging £2.50 for a 99 Ice cream just because you have a captive audience is a joke!

R26
yeah they stopped and got a massive gap ahead and done a drag race! btw did anybody see that 510bhp 205 gti. f**king hellll it was fast

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
My first time. The middle of the day dragged on a bit. Once youv done the stalls and watched terry grant there wasnt much else to look at (if you werent goin on the track). (I hate saxos and 106s so that didnt really help).

alien green rs133
layout/parking was loads better this year.

cs definately needs its own BBQ so we can all sit down and have a natter together.

i have no problem sitting down with admin and the clique in the tent but some are a scared and we are lacking space to do so.

this might be something to look into next year.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Is that what they got pulled for? haha i have to say the cs parade lap last year was alot more refined. no horns. no silly racing. just paying respect.
How many cars did they have? What was their purpose for doing it?

R26
Look at my location FFS! its central for you because your in Halifax.

Its a f**king 7hr drive each way for us!

:S

its like 30 mins from me :)

i went on my mates stand, wish i didnt now, was well out the way, shoulda gone on the cs one and met some you..

RB 182
First time going this year and i thought it was pretty good. However i do agree that it was lacking in things to do and definitely agree with the terry grant comment ;P Never the less was a good day out :)

421 Cammed 172
layout/parking was loads better this year.

cs definately needs its own BBQ so we can all sit down and have a natter together.

i have no problem sitting down with admin and the clique in the tent but some are a scared and we are lacking space to do so.

this might be something to look into next year.

TBH Mate I disagree on the parking. I thought we had a better section this year. Quite a few of us were parked around the corner where no one went and not that I'm an ASW but no one came round to look at us lot!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Also you "High Rollers" need to camp out, was hilariuos with the kustom clio lot, real nic bunch of lads/lasses if not slightly mad nearly setting the tent/gazibo on fire..

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
umm dunnno, the track was literally full the whole way round. 250+ easy i would say
Doubtful, we ha 104 and overlapped front and rear cars.

TBH Mate I disagree on the parking. I thought we had a better section this year. Quite a few of us were parked around the corner where no one went and not that I'm an ASW but no one came round to look at us lot!
Thats because we had to give everyone enough spce to get out on track if needed, we cant help it if you arrive later and that we have the biggest turn out of cars... :)

p.s We did our best to park you all nicely!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
First one for me and enjoyed it, thought there would be more stalls and stuff though... everyone other one seemed to be selling dodgy plates.

Yozz'd up 182
How many cars did they have? What was their purpose for doing it?

Not a clue really. they were single file and went round generally willy waving.

The pug one was abit better seemed to be rolling in lines of 3.

Edit: just twigged who you are sash. Im the pillock who couldnt park at the start and then tried to with the handbreak on =]

Last edited:
  172 cup
TBH it felt the same as the last 2 years Ive been and I did think they might do something a bit more "special" for their 10th anniversary.

I agree about the arena woman tbh her voice went through me, also the stunt stuff was just on repeat constantly so as above you'd seen it all by 10am

The only other critism/feedback me and my girls had was where were the half naked men walking around posing on cars?????????

421 Cammed 172
Doubtful, we ha 104 and overlapped front and rear cars.

Thats because we had to give everyone enough spce to get out on track if needed, we cant help it if you arrive later and that we have the biggest turn out of cars... :)

p.s We did our best to park you all nicely!

I wasn't blaming/having a go at you lot Sash. Sorry if it came across that way :)

I think we arrived around the same time as last year but everyone else must've arrived earlier this year :p

Would they not let us continue outwards in a rectangle instead of an 'L' shape next year and put the Saxo boys up in that corner where they can be left to compare boost valves & PC fan superchargers innit!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Mick and Danny are good lads eh Tunst!

Yeah there spot on mate, considering we just turned up and asked if we could join them, dan the one with the Stripped trophy?

He gave me a "I Love My Butt Plug Sticker" :cool:

Also i dont think the parking was that bad... a few people came round, and even had a laugh at my car after hutchie put the stickers on :rasp:

I need more to fill a wing tho! :(

421 Cammed 172

Edit: just twigged who you are sash. Im the pillock who couldnt park at the start and then tried to with the handbreak on =]

This may get confusing. Im the one who's mate drove my car in but then didn't trust himself to reverse it so i had to do it myself. LOL

421 Cammed 172
TBH it felt the same as the last 2 years Ive been and I did think they might do something a bit more "special" for their 10th anniversary.

I agree about the arena woman tbh her voice went through me, also the stunt stuff was just on repeat constantly so as above you'd seen it all by 10am

The only other critism/feedback me and my girls had was where were the half naked men walking around posing on cars?????????

Sorry I couldn't get round to everyone. I'll try harder next year ;) lol

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One

hehe! Only got run into once lol
I lost count how many times I was asked for directions to clubs, cash machines, track and asda! lol

421 Cammed 172
Yeah there spot on mate, considering we just turned up and asked if we could join them, dan the one with the Stripped trophy?

He gave me a "I Love My Butt Plug Sticker" :cool:

Also i dont think the parking was that bad... a few people came round, and even had a laugh at my car after hutchie put the stickers on :rasp:

I need more to fill a wing tho! :(

Love that sticker!

Did anyone see the black 106 with the Jackhammer like subs in over by the Eccosse stand?!

Yozz'd up 182
I wasn't blaming/having a go at you lot Sash. Sorry if it came across that way :)

I think we arrived around the same time as last year but everyone else must've arrived earlier this year :p

Would they not let us continue outwards in a rectangle instead of an 'L' shape next year and put the Saxo boys up in that corner where they can be left to compare boost valves & PC fan superchargers innit!

Lets just blame an early start then haha

Ollie's Silver Cup
I enjoyed the day :D

Think the stand layout looked good and was done quickly and efficiently, especially considering the number of cars that had to be parked! :)

As above, the arena woman's voice and 'commentary' was a right piss off tbh!! lol!!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Love that sticker!

Did anyone see the black 106 with the Jackhammer like subs in over by the Eccosse stand?!

Its quite epic... it got a few looks as did the "your mum" sticker collection on the bonnet! :D

Formally Clio 182
Didn't go last year but went in 2008 and tbh all that's changed was the layout. Got bored pretty quickly as I didn't go on the track.

There was 2 arenas (main one being next to the trade area which is where I was) and didn't even notice the other arena. IMO they should have been combined as watching that stunt driver do doughnuts and that blonde bint try and make poor jokes bored me after a while.

Next year there should be something like a fun fair maybe for those who dont go in the track but saying that I'll probably go on their next year.

6/10