ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

YouTube Buffering issue

Nippy white cup
Hi all

Is anyone else having problems with Youtube at the mo? My connection is reasonably good (17Mb dl and 1.4Mb upload) but recently I can't seem to watch any videos without it freezing part way through. The grey bar flies up then stops completely and won't move until I change the quality. The annoying thing is that I can switch UP in quality after it has paused and it will fly along again then freeze again. I've tried to change the storage limit to unlimited but it does no good. I can even up the quality from 240 to HD when it has frozen and it will run fine for a minute or so before it stops again

Cheers in advance

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Could be a problem with your internet provider. Virgin had problems very similar to that late last year.

Virgin used to be an arse for this, videos would buffer halfway and not load any more. In the last couple weeks we had some scrote from virgin playing with the phone box in the street and everything has been fine since.
You could try contacting your ISP but if it's virgin then good luck with getting it fixed, it's not unheard of for repair dates to be pushed further away multiple times.

Nippy white cup
Even tho the general speed is very fast? Thanks anyway Matt I'll give them a bell and see what they say

ta

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Mine does this and its a pain in the ass usually refreshing the page sorts it. It does it for me both at home and work so don't think its connection.

Nippy white cup
I have a shite connection at work and just tried it and it was fine (although it was only @ 480) where mine at home won't have it. I used to put something on while washing up....now I have to dry my fecking hands every minute or so just to set it off again!

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I have a shite connection at work and just tried it and it was fine (although it was only @ 480) where mine at home won't have it. I used to put something on while washing up....now I have to dry my fecking hands every minute or so just to set it off again!

Glad I'm not the only one who does this haha:eek: misses thinks I'm sad for doing it.

I have 100mb and it's just as bad as 10mb, no difference when being throttled either. It did help slightly when I set up a static IP but I'm using cable instead of wireless so don't know where you stand with wireless.

Yaris Hybrid
Had issues with this on Virgin. It was their traffic management systems or something.

The tell tale test that everyone on the Virgin forums did was going here http://www.proxfree.com/ and Youtube would stream perfectly in 1080 where as when going direct to Youtube with Virgin d*cking around with the traffic I was getting buffering on 360 quality..........with a 120mb connection....

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Had issues with this on Virgin. It was their traffic management systems or something.

The tell tale test that everyone on the Virgin forums did was going here http://www.proxfree.com/ and Youtube would stream perfectly in 1080 where as when going direct to Youtube with Virgin d*cking around with the traffic I was getting buffering on 360 quality..........with a 120mb connection....

Same.

40MB download, but can't stream HD YT.

​Fine on Netflix etc.

Clio 1.2 16V
I get this too, massive pain in the arse when you can't stream even the shittest quality videos. Iv found switching to 720p if possible speeds it up a bit.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Traffic management to make sure other users don't get slowed up.

Try LLU via mine on an Office-based deal... 240p at best office hours.

Evenings it's awesome though (Cannot get cable yet in the Cul-De-Sac).