ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yozza keeps leaking at cat join!

Hey,

Ok so a month or two ago I found out that the exhaust wasn't sealed properly, so wanted to do a good job and got the cat fitting kit as well.

This was all fine and dandy, my local garage fitted it and also did the Yozza->Cat join which was also leaking slightly with some new paste and the same clamp.

A few weeks ago I noticed it was leaking again so took it back to the garage, to no surprise it was leaking where the clamp fits and all of the exhaust paste had disappeared!

Due to this they added some more paste, realigned and re-tightened it again, but LITERALLY as soon as I got home from the garage I could hear it blowing again!

Now I'm thinking a few things as to why it's doing it, but it's really annoying me so I have to solve it!
  • Theyre tightening the clamp too tight causing a leak? The clamp as you know doesnt sit flush all the way around due to where the bolts are and how its designed. Also they used the compressed air (?) gun to tighten it up. Could the fact they have done it up tight be the problem?
  • The clamp is s**t. To put it simple, have i just got a crap clamp? The seal lasted around 6-8 months which isn't really that long, or at least doesn't seem very long!
And also in general does anyone have any suggestions? I don't really want to have to go back to the garage again as it's quite embarrassing now for me and them to be honest, I think i'd get it done elsewhere as clearly something is wrong but they should be able to see that!

Hoping I can fix it, I hate knowing things are wrong with the car and money is no objection (some will probably just say get a decat and have done with it but I'm not exactly mechanical so it'd be a pain during MOT).

Cheers,

Matt

Last edited:
  mondeo titanium tdci
If there using exhaust paste it's a no go you need rtv sealant which is flexible and do the clamp up by hand not with a air gun muppets the clamp that Fred supplied with my yozza has been spot on

Ok cheers and I'll take a look and try to get it up to you when I can, may be around in a couple of weeks but ill let you know!

Also, how cheap is this RTV sealant? If i'm not up by Freds soon it may be easier to just give it a go myself?

edit: Well i'm not sure exactly what they used but it was in one of those sealant guns that you pull the trigger to push the end of the bottle in further, suppose it looks like a sealant but not sure!

mondeo titanium tdci
Not alot £2.99 a tube at a guess I got tubes of the stuff at work if you get stuck I can send you a tube up the thing the with exhaust paste it just goes rock hard and falls out rtv sealant don't

Not alot £2.99 a tube at a guess I got tubes of the stuff at work if you get stuck I can send you a tube up the thing the with exhaust paste it just goes rock hard and falls out rtv sealant don't

This makes sense then, as there was literally none left when I took it back up!

Is there any stuff that's recommended or is it literally called RTV Sealant? I get if I just go to a motor factors they'll know what I need?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
it's high temp silicon sealer, or automotive silicon, or RTV. All the same thing. Trying one that ECP sell at the moment that's in a kind of aerosol can. Impressed.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
mine is exactly the same, over the summer was fine, but as soon as it started to get cold I have had it resealed 4/5 times on the cat join, i'm going to do it myself at the weekend with some high temp silicone.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
From my CAT to Yozza is exactly the same and it has never been right in the whole year i have owned the car.
I have not bothered my hoop as im leaving it for fred to sort the exhaust when i get the car down to him.

Listerine & Poledo
my centre secton to backbox joint keeps leaking, it's been re-pasted twice.

Would it be safe / MOT safe to paste it then give it an exhaust wrap?

320d
My RS192 is doing this. I'm hoping a new clamp I'm fitting tomorrow will sort it. If not I'll get some of that sealant too.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
My exhaust is blowing also, I have a yozza system. Cars at garage today and mechanic phoned just to say the flange on my cat pipe is all cracked. He's welded it up for now. But how long it will last I do not know. Where do I get a new cat pipe from?

Seems a fair few people are having issues with their exhausts blowing.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
best thing to do in that situation is cut the outlet flange off the cat, and make a sleeve joint