ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yozzasport 182 exhaust with silenced decat

ph1 172
Hello to all,
I currently have a Yozzasport fitted to my 182 but with the cat still in. Sounds superb, but I don't like the whistle from the cat. I have it booked in to have a silenced decat as I think a straight through decat will be just a tad too loud for me. Question is before I have the work done, will the silencer, about 300mm ish take abit of that loudness out and mellow it a little more than without it? I obviously know that is it going to be abit louder than having the cat there. How much louder though, has anyone done this?

Thanks Rhys

ph1 172
Yes, all genuine stuff, the cat hasn't been off either. It doesn't blow as I have looked and can't see any soot

ph1 172
Errrmmm.....well the car is an 04 and its the original kit! Surely though if its not blowing then whats making that whistling noise?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
just fitted a ktr sports cat to my yozza and it sounds just right,you do get a bit of noise from the cat but it is a nice hard to explain noise lol,decat is nice but after 8 months it can do your head in a bit,think you may find it a bit to loud with the silenced decat,I don't think they work from what I have read.

ph1 172
just fitted a ktr sports cat to my yozza and it sounds just right,you do get a bit of noise from the cat but it is a nice hard to explain noise lol,decat is nice but after 8 months it can do your head in a bit,think you may find it a bit to loud with the silenced decat,I don't think they work from what I have read.
Thanks for that, although isn't the KTR cat a 200 cell like the standard one?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Yes mate but it is only about 6 inchs of cat as such the rest is like a decat pipe,deffo louder than a normal cat plus its fit and forget.

Lionel Richie
new cat fitting kit (the springs/bolts etc that hold the cat onto the manifold) about £25 from a dealer (DEALER ONLY, DO NOT BUY A NON GENUINE ONE!)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
The decat will be very loud,as for the silenced one if you can get it at the right money then I would give it a go,I think a few people have tried to use them but you would have to talk to one of them to know if they work or not.

ph1 172
Well, to me, its around £50 more for the silenced decat fitted so might be worth a bash but would rather get a few more opinions first!

182 FF, A6 Avant
Where does the whistle noise come from? I refitted my cat recently and am getting a slight whistle. I also used a new fitting kit from Renault. Guessing I just haven't done the downpipe end up tight enough?

Arctic Blue 182ff
My whistle comes from where the cat joins the cat-back in the worlds shoddiest, money-skimping, french-tat-way-of-doing-it stupid connection is :)

ph1 172
I think tbh its where the exhaust gases are passing through the cells in the cat itself. As a decat pipe fits on exactly the same and doesn't do it, and neither of them blow in any way.
I just want to find out whether a silenced pipe takes the edge off of that quite raw sound you get from a decat?

ph1 172
Going to have the silenced decat made and fitted sometime next week. A gamble maybe as it doesn't seem anyone has done it with a Yozza but hardly a big risk is it!
I will try and get a video up for it once done.

ph1 172
A short video of a silenced decat fitted to the Yozzasport pipe.

Enjoy;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to drag up an old thread but any one around the Watford area have this combination on their 182 to let me have a listen so I can make my mind up.
Would also be interested to meet up with anyone with a Yozza and a decat fitted.