ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yozzasport in Track & Race Car Magazine?

Turbos.
I am looking at the 'Next Month' page in TRC and there is a feature on 6 Clios owned by their own tuning firms. With a bit of squinting i'm sure i can make out a Yozzasport sticker on the side window of one of them. Am i right? :D It looks like the only seriously modified one (decked with Clio Cup 15"s). There is also one which is obviously from BB Tuning.

Anyone know any more? Looks like a must buy issue anyway!:approve:

Yep its the Yozza car.
Mortego BB and Ktec are there. Don't think GDI or Angelwords are there (angel works normal car is black for starters)
Mortego is the one in the front of the picture you cna just see the sticker on it the BB is the Mk1 172 turbo car I think.
Be interesting to see how they all perform but assuming there going to test them round the circuit (not just stright lines) the only real challenger will be the Cup racer they timed a few eeditions ago.
Yozzasport have an advert in the magaing though this month.
I wonder who told them about the magazine ?

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
i heard ktec never even turned up, such a dick that guy, saw him at ace cafe the other day, ius he a tuner or a max power man?

Ad

MK2 FRS
^^ to tbh he is probabley a buisness man!!! K-tec have always conducted themselves well and have heard less complaints of them than some of the others.

MKIII 138
expensive chavy parts but sometimes a carbon splitter is just what you need when you cant stretch for serious engine tuning. there is a place for all companies as long as they dont profess to be a jack of all trades. i wouldnt trust ktec to make produce and serious renualt tuning but i would trust them to search the globe and import some great styling products.

as for their products they are a tad expensive, like the megane 225 intercooler they claimed to have made when in fact they didnt when a meganesport.net owner did some digging so its a case of import, badge up and mark up but at least its delivered in time and in the condition they say so you dont have to do the importing. i sometimes wonder if they have a price wheel they spin on a morning to come up with their numbers lol but other than that there a perfectly respectable parts company "NOT" a tunning company by trade.

Lionel Richie
yep it was us, we took three cars along (the 1.2 cup, a 172 cup and a 182)

good day out, can't wait to see the feature

Lionel Richie
BBPT and Morego were the other companies that showed

LAD
GDI
K-tec

unfortunatley couldn't make it, would've been good to comapre!

FredYozzasport said:
BBPT and Morego were the other companies that showed

LAD
GDI
K-tec

unfortunatley couldn't make it, would've been good to comapre!

Have LAD ever made it anywhere? I've never seen any hard evidence of what they claim to be able to do.

Ad

MK2 FRS
meggerman said:
expensive chavy parts but sometimes a carbon splitter is just what you need when you cant stretch for serious engine tuning. there is a place for all companies as long as they dont profess to be a jack of all trades. i wouldnt trust ktec to make produce and serious renualt tuning but i would trust them to search the globe and import some great styling products.

as for their products they are a tad expensive, like the megane 225 intercooler they claimed to have made when in fact they didnt when a meganesport.net owner did some digging so its a case of import, badge up and mark up but at least its delivered in time and in the condition they say so you dont have to do the importing. i sometimes wonder if they have a price wheel they spin on a morning to come up with their numbers lol but other than that there a perfectly respectable parts company "NOT" a tunning company by trade.

it is the same with any product, if you can find the person who makes the raw part, before shippy, storing, advertising, labour of selling, then you can find things cheap!! They will have overheads and dont forget VAT!!!

Turbos.
Dave used to work for GT Tuning before hand and to be fair has built a good business and their customer support is excellent. Just look at their website, much better than anyone elses...

Anyway, will look forward to the feature!

CS Dungeon
meggerman said:

Theres only a cpl of decent genuine Renault Tuners out there, aka GDi/K-Tec. The others are all rebrand *****s who shell out a bit of cash and call Brembo's brakes there own lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Terrorist said:
Theres only a cpl of decent genuine Renault Tuners out there, aka GDi/K-Tec. The others are all rebrand *****s who shell out a bit of cash and call Brembo's brakes there own lol

"Cheeky wee giggle"

;)

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
lawrence said:
i heard ktec never even turned up, such a dick that guy, saw him at ace cafe the other day, ius he a tuner or a max power man?

Firstly our car was not ready due to our gearbox taking forever to come back from the company strengthening the internals. You are asking if I am a Max Power man with a post like that? Obviously a well substantiated statement.

David.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
meggerman said:

Meggerman, we were the first to have the intercooler made and we sent our standard intercooler to the company that makes them for us. This is our intercooler and our design, I even have the drawings I made to send the the fabrication company so they could make the intercooler to our dimensions. They have also now received a "talking to" for supplying our design to other poeple/companies. Please feel free to now try and get one from them as they will pass your details to us now. This is a case of passing judgement when not being in receipt of all the facts. Just because someone posts soemthing on a forum does not mean it is correct.

David.

Turbos.
I personally think David is pretty nice considering k-tec gets slated even from people who've never bought a product!

The Tube
^ Agreed, Ktec seems to be slated by people who have: a) never ordered anything from Ktec, or b) ordered stuff from them not having any idea how to fit it, then do a bodge job and blame Ktec.

V6 Exige, GTR R35
agreed - top bloke and always willing to help.

cant fault them in any way shape or form. id happily travel from scotland (again) for them to work on my car.....

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
lol everyone is sucking him off now he has made an appearance......k-tec are'nt bad just had an issue with waiting forever for parts sometimes....

I've never used k-tec for ordering parts or been down there for any work, but still when I phoned them for advice they where extremley helpfull! They gave me better advice than I had been able to get on here, better advice than garages I had used locally and because of them I got my car repaired by the garage that had built my custom exhaust free of charge! Now that to me is a company to have respect for!

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
Off topic, but the 1.2 Cup... that's just piss-take badge, yeh!? ;)

Saw it at FCS and assumed the owner had a sense of humour as he had a proper RS bodykit IIRC.

V6 Exige, GTR R35
Notorious said:
lol everyone is sucking him off now he has made an appearance......k-tec are'nt bad just had an issue with waiting forever for parts sometimes....

sucking him off?! WTF??

whats wrong with stating your views on experiance youve had with a company? you might wait a while for parts - fair enough. I didnt!

Lionel Richie
Oi leave K-tec alone, nothing wrong with those boys! if i didn't co own a Renault tuning company i'd still probably shop there

hope to see you at TGP this year dave so we can own you're ass properly this time ;)

Clio 197
^^

I'll have to chip in and say that I've bought bits from K-tec, with no problems at all.

I was even given a ride in the 225 (as I was thinking of a zorst at some point) so as to hear it in real life.

And... as for the article: I'd love to see it!

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
FredYozzasport said:
Oi leave K-tec alone, nothing wrong with those boys! if i didn't co own a Renault tuning company i'd still probably shop there

Cheers Fred.

hope to see you at TGP this year dave so we can own you're ass properly this time ;)

Like you did last time? We will even give you a head start this time ;)

David.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Thank you for all the kind posts of support. It is nice to know we seem to be doing our job properly.

David.

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
Terrorist said:

This is why our Exhaust is the price it is, for a company to have an exclusive product costs money. Thats why we have to be sure that our exhaust is worth the extra outlay compared to a mass produced system.

The Tube
Terrorist said:

Blimey, you've changed your tune..... it was only a couple of days ago you were claiming that Ktec were for the 'airfix' brigade... and that they didn't worry about quality cos they were all show and no go!? :S

Lionel Richie
K-Tec Racing said:
Like you did last time? We will even give you a head start this time ;)

David.

ha! no power steering and having to go past the start finish in 4th and you were ONLY 1.5sec quicker??

i've got some "L plates" to give you for this year ;)

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
FredYozzasport said:
ha! no power steering and having to go past the start finish in 4th and you were ONLY 1.5sec quicker??

i've got some "L plates" to give you for this year ;)

Fred, I hope to did not damage the paint on your car when you took them off.

Your starting to sound like a proper racing driver with those excuses ;)

I'll let the car do the talking.

David.

PS. Any other tuners thinking about entering?