ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Zak's Arctic Blue 182FF (Pic Heavy)

So, after having a huge French hot hatch itch I finally managed to find myself a 182 that I was happy enough to buy so thought I'd stick a thread up to use as a diary! I'm quite picky when it comes to cars, it took me 12 months to find the right 350Z to buy and it took about the same to find this. My criteria were: FF if possible, as standard and as clean as possible and low mileage with good history.

This one had just shy of 67k on it, completely standard other than a new Scorpion exhaust, the cambelt/dephaser done etc at 58k, an absolutely huge folder full of history and it was very clean. Only issue was he said that he damaged the rear spoiler whilst fiddling with the aerial and replaced it with a non-FF item - not sure how true this is but there you go. After a 200 mile trip, a thorough inspection and test drive I ended up buying this:

Photo 26-05-2019, 17 42 10.jpg

Photo 26-05-2019, 17 43 08.jpg

Photo 26-05-2019, 17 46 47.jpg

Photo 26-05-2019, 17 48 25.jpg

Photo 26-05-2019, 17 48 57.jpg

Photo 26-05-2019, 17 49 27.jpg

Photo 26-05-2019, 17 50 38.jpg

Photo 26-05-2019, 17 51 03.jpg

Photo 26-05-2019, 17 51 42.jpg

Photo 26-05-2019, 17 55 01.jpg

A few more pics:
Photo 26-05-2019, 17 53 55.jpg

Photo 26-05-2019, 17 53 26.jpg

Photo 26-05-2019, 17 54 24.jpg

I'm not sure what the plans are yet. I'm completely new to this type of car so still learning but I'm not sure whether it'll stay standard and this will be an restoring/maintenance of certain parts exercise or whether I'll start to chuck money at it and go for a low boost build, go fully built or something like ITB's etc. I'm not yet decided! Updates to follow.

For anyone interested, this was my 350Z that has now being moved on as I'm in the process of importing an R34:

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Captur2e.JPG

Which I took on the NC500 where I had a go of my mates 200 which was where the itch came from for a 182.

9NgyY-uwOpFIRoeFT_AhBTuWabkdO59FYa1d5G59iXhmaexIZ2AJKfaU8ooCDnvYiYVpbuQ5sqXfj2gvz9IzX5cEQouwRt...png

I also had a MK1 MX5 which has again been moved on in an effort to downsize my fleet, too many cars and not enough money!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Loos like a nice example. I may be mistaken, but the splitter and spoiler is the one cup pack, and suspension and wheel colour is the other.

With the lack of cup splitter and the 'damaged' spoiler I'd say that this probably just has the one cup pack?

You'll sort a spoiler from the for sale section but I wouldn't waste money on splitter.

I also have an Arctic 182, its nice to see a standard one, reminds me of when I first picked mine up back in 2012!

Loos like a nice example. I may be mistaken, but the splitter and spoiler is the one cup pack, and suspension and wheel colour is the other.

With the lack of cup splitter and the 'damaged' spoiler I'd say that this probably just has the one cup pack?

You'll sort a spoiler from the for sale section but I wouldn't waste money on splitter.

I also have an Arctic 182, its nice to see a standard one, reminds me of when I first picked mine up back in 2012!

You might be right there! Is that not the cup splitter that's on it?

Looks lovely

Thanks pal

First thing first was to get the sandpaper (3 different grits) and polishing compound out as although the lights looked fine from distance, once up close you could see some hazing/cracking so I had to fix that.

Before:

IMG_1215.JPG

IMG_1216.JPG

IMG_1217.JPG

During (this is the scary part):
IMG_1241.JPG

And an after shot, not 100% perfect but not bad for an hours work:
IMG_1247.JPG

And one from the other day with the 200 in the previous 350z pics as we made our way down to Silverstone to assist with a Formula Student event:
IMG_1736.JPG

And dropped my beloved wheels off with some friends in Sheffield and an impromptu mini-meet, coming from an MX5/350z duo it feels weird being able to actually fit stuff in it:

WCJH4548.JPG

IMG_1641.JPG

Nice, best colour too ;-) Check your exhaust mounts, exhaust looks a little to the left

Yeah they are, I need to sort it. Especially as last few days it's been blowing a lot, looks like the mani to cat join has just failed and is basically hanging on. Currently going through a house move at the minute so tools are all over the place, typical!

Think I'm going to need one of these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Renault-Cl...amp-Seal-Kit/649273925?iid=271786129148&rt=nc

Hopefully it's not a pain in the arse to do.

I would highly recommend Rensport in Middlesbrough for anyone in the North East! So the only thing non-standard on the car was the exhaust and in true dickhead fashion it'd been bodged with a non-standard cat and butchered joins. Cue Kris from Rensport coming in on a Sunday to get this on:

photo_2019-09-27_19-10-50.jpg

Yes that's me being immature for the group chat. So now decatted, with a new centre section on order, induction kit and a remap scheduled in too. Need to uprate the brake system from head to toe if anyones got any recommendations as I'm not digging the feeling at the moment! Apparently theres a chap on Facebook who sells a package with all you'll ever need regarding 182 brakes?