ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Zone Amplifier's

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Right so as per title I'm looking at putting some speakers in the Kitchen + bathroom ceiling's I was planning on getting a new AV amp for the lounge anyway.

So am I right in thinking I can just run those additional rooms from the other "zones" on the new amplifier and just have a volume control in the bathroom and kitchen?

Or is not as simple as that?

Cheers

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
If the other zones on your av amp are just passive outputs, you'll need another amp for each room.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
How are you going to do the bathroom ceiling speakers? Sounds like a good idea. Are they going to be bluetoothed or something. Im just thinking that it might be a hassle if you have an amp, music player etc etc, would take 5 minutes just to get it playing. Im never in the shower more than 10 minutes so would be awesome if there was some way of just pressing a button or linking it all to the light switch so it just plays as soon as the light goes on and off when the light goes off.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Just realised the amp I linked is passive only so is preamp. Shame

I am replacing the lights in the bathroom anyway so going to add a couple of speakers at the same time and run all the cables back down into the lounge. (Have a handy alcove that I can hide cables in)

But yes I guess will still need to turn it all on downstairs but tbh i'm trying to do a nice cheap but still effective solution.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a Kenwood amp from about 2000 I'm looking to shift, one of its features was it could run two sets of speakers either on their own or both together.

Kenwood KAF 3030R, believe it was decent at the time, not sure if that's sort of thing you're after.

SQ5
Buy a Denon AVR-X3100, does your surround sound (5.1) second amplified zone, and I believe a third zone which is only a pre out so you'll need a power amplifier.

Or go for the AVR-X4100 with two extra amplified zones.

All control including turning off and on can be done using the Denon app for iOS.