ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - Tidy Up & Track Project

dan's cast offs.
you can get a clone on ebay for about £90 or so. it's a bit backwards to work with though, even the pic of the car on the main screen for the clio has got square wheels!!

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
you can get a clone on ebay for about £90 or so. it's a bit backwards to work with though, even the pic of the car on the main screen for the clio has got square wheels!!
Cool, I'll have to give it a look. Is there a guide on how to use it on here? I'm sure there's lots of snippets so may give it a go. I imagine it'll come in handy for plenty of other issues that will crop up as well.

Are the clone's ok?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Cheers Dan :) You can send it to me. I've got a remote set up external to the car so can program any custom airbag set up you want and make sure the light doesn't show up.

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
Cheers Dan :smile: You can send it to me. I've got a remote set up external to the car so can program any custom airbag set up you want and make sure the light doesn't show up.

That's very kind @GrahamS , thank you for the offer. How much do you charge if you don't mind me asking? I'll have a look to see if I can find a spare ECU to buy and send over - I need to keep the car on the road for a few weeks really and it'll be handy to have a spare anyway :up:

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
That's very kind @GrahamS , thank you for the offer. How much do you charge if you don't mind me asking? I'll have a look to see if I can find a spare ECU to buy and send over - I need to keep the car on the road for a few weeks really and it'll be handy to have a spare anyway :up:
the car will function normally with the airbag ECU unplugged but you'll just have a light on the dash. The idea of programming is you still get the airbag lights come on when you turn the ignition on and they turn off once the system is checked so it's good for MOTs. I'll PM you later :)

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
I've just bought some wheels from @cs_dave so I'm quite excited! Hopefully I can get them fitted before heading back into work in the new year :up:

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
We'd bought some little domed sparco sticker things for the subframes, I think they look pretty decent for an eBay cheapo buy.

S5hxtOJ.jpg

QnzY33W.jpg

Y0y7Nuu.jpg

Then a few more pictures of the seats in the light:

0mWKU9D.jpg

LhrP2tH.jpg

AEVziSE.jpg

UEERixs.jpg

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
Then a bit of a nightmare really. I was all set to use the car for the presents run on Christmas day tomorrow (and show my dad the car for the first time), I went and fuelled up from the Tesco but while in traffic on the way home the engine light has come on.

I've had the ODB2 scanner on it and it's coming up with a P0130 fault code. I wanted to try and clear it to see if it's an intermittent thing, but the software wouldn't wipe it.

uF961lA.jpg

I'm guessing it's a lambda sensor, but I'm not sure which one. It's weird especially as one was replaced on the car not long before I bought it. Maybe it's just a bit of crud in it from the car sitting for a month without being driven. I don't fancy driving it tomorrow now just in case anything else happens.

When looking under the car there's a lot of water dripping from the CAT, which seems odd. Has anyone seen that before?

IEUdF4q.jpg

I'm guessing sensor 1 is the one before the CAT? Or is it the one after close to where the water is leaking?

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
Thanks @bloke , I'm going to get one ordered from ECP today all being well. Will the warning light go out straight away after replacement or does it take a few miles before it'll go?

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
I did well over Christmas and got some more parts for the car as well as lots of other goodies :smile:

Whiteline ARB
0OkKokH.jpg

Steering rack bushes
H1JBYuF.jpg

KTR brake lines
RG3EVt9.jpg

And something comfortable to lay on while under the car :up:
4yD6yEC.jpg

1TDKWk1.jpg

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
Thanks mate, just about to place the order now. Probably get some wiper blades as well at the same time :up:

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
The wheels have now fallen through unfortunately, if anyone has any 15" wheels going for a good price let me know :up:

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
Anything 15" really that's straight and in not too bad of a condition. I was getting OZ F1's, but anything multispoke and a reasonable price would do.

Clio F1 197 Cup
Looks good mate, just read through this all. The crack looks a lot better on the second attempt, but perhaps in future you could put some fibreglass behind the crack to strengthen it?

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
Looks good mate, just read through this all. The crack looks a lot better on the second attempt, but perhaps in future you could put some fibreglass behind the crack to strengthen it?

Thanks @magic354, I think fibreglass really would have helped out to be honest. You can't see the crack at all now but if I do go back to sort it properly I'll be doing that :up:

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
The lambda sensor has arrived as well as some replacement wiper blades bought from ECP. I've had to buy another spanner as I'd seen that the sensor was 22mm and the biggest I had was 19mm - hopefully these will do the job.

QMUbjpy.jpg

I'm getting quite a to do list!

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
I started to swap the front lambda sensor today but didn't realise how tight the bloody access was. I need to get the axel stands a little higher to be able to see underneath properly but the sills aren't filling me with confidence! If only I had a proper lift!

I didn't have much time before the rugby so had a good squirt of penetrating fluid on the sensor and then will leave it until next time.

I did pop the new wipers and a replacement nut cap on though. That nut cap was annoying me for ages!

5VfEcsJ.jpg

ZWOMNKa.jpg

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
Still no fitting/fixing progress, that seems like far too much effort in this grim weather. More parts have arrived though thanks to @George@RTR_Parts, it was a great service from him, thanks George :up:

oVSxLhp.jpg

k2ECsoz.jpg

I've gone for:

Front Brembo HC discs
Front DS2500 pads
Rear Renault Discs (with bearings/abs rings)
Rear Brembo OE Pads
Spacers & Hub Nuts
1L ATE Supergold Fluid

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
More parts and tools today, only a hub puller and some of the newer style top mounts. I think it'll be struts and springs next, but I'm not sure what to go for on that front. I can't decide between the Cook Sport and Eibach. More research required!

PzEL7Vd.jpg

0ge9Rll.jpg

I've got cup shocks all round and eibach on mine mate and think it's a brilliant set up handles superb and not harsh on the road running 15 inch wheels right enough though.. Ps good project you've got going to

dan's cast offs.
h&r. someone (can't remember who) did say they were a bit soft for track but not had any negative feedback from any i've fitted.

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
I've got cup shocks all round and eibach on mine mate and think it's a brilliant set up handles superb and not harsh on the road running 15 inch wheels right enough though.. Ps good project you've got going to

Thank you for the comments. That sounds good to me so thank you for the feedback. Have you been out on track in them as well?

h&r. someone (can't remember who) did say they were a bit soft for track but not had any negative feedback from any i've fitted.

Thanks as always Carl. I'll have to do some serious thought. It's good to see different springs getting good reviews and not really getting a bashing from anyone. It's sometimes hard to just what gets good reviews because it's the in thing!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Just read the above and then saw you bought ds2500 pads. Was like going back 7 years when every clio made had them fitted lol.