ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Euro Project.....

172 Monaco
Hay guys,

Wel i have been on here for a while and i am finally going to start my project thread after deciding what i am having done to the car.

Wel first of all as i havnt gone up to Donny as my mates bailed on me at the last min i decided to do a bit of detailing on the car.

Started off like this covered in dirt and discustingness....

12042009189.jpg

12042009191.jpg

12042009192.jpg

12042009193.jpg

couple of hours later after i have cleaned using the 2 bucket method then using Aqua Wax and deep shine Auto Glym polish shes all done....

12042009194.jpg

12042009195.jpg

12042009196.jpg

12042009198.jpg

12042009199.jpg

12042009201.jpg

So far the only mods that have been done are Lowered on just springs all round and it has a full Long life exhaust.

Its booked in to the bodyshop on the 20th for some work so will put more updates next week when its in there.

Things im going to be doing are.....

at the bodyshop im getting the boot smoothed and some other bits coloured up and some interior bits painted.

8" wide Banded Steel wheels with some ideas that i have being done to them

V-maxx coilovers

Interior retrim

Install All round and retrim.

then some engine bay work and possibly more power.

Hope u all like my ideas and will give a new update next week when its in the shop.

Thanks

Elliott

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
This is gonna be awesome, banded steels are the choice of legends.

My opinion:

Get the side strips smoothed too though dude, and the number plate recess on the front.
Smoothe the boot handle thing, but not the numberplate as otherwise it looks way too plain, need something there to break it up a bit.

I'll warn you now, you'll get a lot of abuse, but a select few will love it :D
Good colour for it too, keep this updated :D

172 Monaco
Cheers guys

yeh number plate on the front will go when i can afford it lol got a nice load of bits being done next week soo excited.

yeh i know been on here for a while and i have seen what some of the old kronies think on here but hay each to there own and i dont mind if ppl dont like it as long as they appriciate what effort is bein taken.

Side Strips arnt being taken off but the side bullet numbers are being removed and Painted body coloured to save it when the retards t**t my car doors. lol

ph3 dci100 172 rep
please please please dont smooth the boot!there will be nowhere for th number plate to go so it'l just end up gettin stuck on the bumper as an after thought!

im sure i saw you in exmouth today?was it you?

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Id go for a campus boot rather then yours smoothed. The current smoothed will look bland where the campus has some shape and definition to it.

172 Monaco
na wasnt me..

LoL

no im not getting it all smoothed, Number plate is staying as i hate all the cars like that and round our way there are so many its unreal.

ph3 dci100 172 rep
na wasnt me..

LoL

no im not getting it all smoothed, Number plate is staying as i hate all the cars like that and round our way there are so many its unreal.

oh rite good man!

nice to see someone goin euro on a 172!
i wanted to euro mine but im jus not brave enough and reli dont wanna spoil the handling/drivability of it!
be good to see it when its done:D your only 20mins from me!where bout in exeter are ya?

172 Monaco
it shouldnt handle that bad considering it will have coilovers and ill still have the standard wheels for when i want to do some track funzies. lol

172 Monaco
where will i get one of those nets so i can strip the back out of the car and just put one of those nets in
thnx

That is stolen from my fathers Saab 9-3, so not really sure, i had to unpick some of the stitching to get it to fit, try the Renualt dealer they should do them for the Megan and that will be plenty wide enough.

Cheers

Elliott

172 Monaco
Looking forward to seeing an RS euro project not seen one as of yet

Yeh thats why im doing it, i have not seen many on Banded steels either so thought id give it a bash.

omg banded steeles, i think i love you

Hay up, Saw ur thread on EU-mania, car loooks good chap.

actualy love that exhaust, really like ur monaco

Its from Longlife Exhausts, Straight from Cat

This should be great if you do it right!

Hopefully will be dont right.

UPdate 2mro guys as she hits the body shop.

Cheers for all ur comments.

172 Monaco
Re: Clio Euro Project.....Update page 2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 1 - BodyShop Stage 1

Wel as i had the day off work i decided that i would make a move and get the car up to SCP in taunton for the first bits of work that will be happening to the car also it gets it up there 3 days early so should be done quicker.

First things first was to remove everything that i wanted done, So first thing to was remove the dash..oh and also the engine cover....

17042009203.jpg

17042009208.jpg

17042009207.jpg

Then remove the Door bits .....

17042009204.jpg

17042009206.jpg

Next was to start removing the outer parts of the car..

17042009209.jpg

17042009212.jpg

17042009211.jpg

Then i removed the Bumper washer jets....cant really see it that well in the pic .. but i did do it

17042009216.jpg

Next to come out was the interior roof lining....

17042009213.jpg

17042009214-1.jpg

Then off to go was the wing mirrors....

17042009218.jpg

More to be done soon but im not at the shop until Wed so that will be the next update....

Just a litte bit of a pic i took, just to show you that its possible to get good MPG from a Clio Sport 172.........This was on a Full tank that cost £40 not quite empty had 80miles left but still...

17042009217.jpg

Last edited:
  Artic Blime 182
Cant wait to see this completed love euro style cars, although im to much of a power freak to want to do it to mine :(

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
couldnt put a guide up for the rooflining could you mate, as i dont know how to take it out lol sounds trivial i know. Anyway plans sound good but id get that zorst hidden stealth is the only way forward what size band you going for aswell bud?

172 Monaco
Cant wait to see this completed love euro style cars, although im to much of a power freak to want to do it to mine :(

Im not letting the power go, she will have some good power mods as well as euro style.

am looking forward to seeing this

what your time scale to finish this

Not really got a time scale as such, done when its done. The first lot from the paint shop will be done next week.

couldnt put a guide up for the rooflining could you mate, as i dont know how to take it out lol sounds trivial i know. Anyway plans sound good but id get that zorst hidden stealth is the only way forward what size band you going for aswell bud?

With the roof lining, its as easy as... Undo everything and then just stick ur hand in and pull in down prising the glue away from the roof trying not to break the FiberGlass.

Exhaust is staying as i really like it, Its not fully euro its more Euro OEM+ lol

172 Monaco
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bodywork Update Day1 - 22/04/2009

Wel as i have taken 3 days off work to make sure everything gets done and so that i have a bit of a part in the work carried out on the car i thought id do a bit of a progress for each day.

Wel i dropped the car off on Friday to get started on it as you can see in the other update on page 2.

Since then they have Removed the rear badges and the rear book lock and have welded it up and smoothed it completely.

22042009224.jpg

After that it was time for it to go in the oven and get painted ...

22042009231.jpg

22042009225.jpg

22042009226.jpg

After waiting for about 3 hours for the paint to actually arrive she finally got started on and finished ...

22042009235.jpg

22042009234.jpg

The other blue bits went into the oven as well to get painted at the same time...

1 x engine cover

1 x wing mirror as it had a chip in it.

22042009232.jpg

22042009233.jpg

Some of the black bits have been done whilst i have not been there as well..

2 x Bumper Grills

22042009233.jpg

and some interior bits..

22042009220.jpg

Also the first door bits have been done and i have fitted to the car..

22042009222.jpg

Most of the other bits have been Keyed up and prepared for painting tomorrow heres just a brief pic of thoes bits...

22042009222.jpg

I have had a change of mind on the wheels so not getting banded steels anymore getting something Porsche and nice but have to wait and see what i get.

Also getting some new parts from Renualt tomorrow and obviously more to be painted and then back together before the weekend.

Finally for now here is a pic of the cover on the engine bay...

22042009236.jpg

Will look amazing when i get the Inlet and fuel Ralil protector Polished up and also some other little covers for the random bits just to tidy it all up and some samco jobbers just to tidy it all up.

Thanks For looking

Elliott