ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Euro Project.....

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Hey man... Just read your thread from start to finish and i must say you car looked awesome until i got to the last 2 pages here where you have posted pictures of your car being hit by a TANK (Land Rover)

Gutted for you mate, hope all goes well for you with regards to your insurance claim etc! Clearly that women was in the wrong from the clearly indicated skidmarks! Your lucky that you have a witness, good luck !

1.4 phase 1
problem with land rovers(which i love) is that at speed them things are jsut killers espically for peole in small cars. if driven safely thou they are fine.

172 Monaco
right wel IM BACK!!!!

the car is back on the road but still not fixed by insurance but shes alive after a while and some more money spent...

Had to get a Gea Box Mounting pin, Alloy Block for the Pin as it had snapped and hense why the Drive Shaft had gone...

Change of Ideas...

I need to get some Standard Springs and Shocks for it as im off to uni and Mother will be having the car whilst im there and shes not a fan of it lowered.

Can anyone help??

172 Monaco
Re: Clio Euro Project.....ONE FECKED ENGINE

I HAVE NO FECKING LUCK!!!!

Last monday night whilst doing some spirited driving on a straight road i encounted a problem..... STOP light on Battery light, No power and coasted to a stop.​

Called out the AA who where there in 45 mins and they towed me to a garage of my choice..​

Went to the garage in the morning and spoke to the owner and he said he would look at it but sounded like a cam belt skipped a tooth.... my thoughts where oh F&*^ and also F&^%*£ french Sh!T​

Turns out that the a plastic Pully has perrished and shreaded the cambelt therefore buggering the engine and the valves.​

So i have been told that it would cost me less money to get a new engine rather than getting new valves ground in.​

Whats ur thoughts???​

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
if youve got the time and know how, find out for urself how much damage its done,
i snapped a cam belt,

cost me all of 300 to repair, and that included a new water pump,

nb, thats one a 1.2 8v engine,

Breaking mk2 DCI
if youve got the time and know how, find out for urself how much damage its done,
i snapped a cam belt,

so im told the 8v engine is much easier to fix than the vvt equiped 1*2's

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
i snapped a cam belt,

Not really comparable. :rolleyes:

Carl bought a 172 with a snapped cambelt it was cheaper and less hassle for us to replace the engine.

Charged Superleggera
excuse to upgrade engine imo;) there was a 1.7 turbo engine out of a clio in teh for sale section for a good price a while back if your interested. dont know if its still available though

172 Monaco
cant do an engine conversion insurance and dolla will not be afforded. Can hardly afford to get this one sorted hahaha... So a cheap engine would be sweeeet!!!

More poke than viagr
Sorry to hear about your latest problem mate :dapprove:

I really wish you the best of luck in getting it sorted mate as it was coming on nicely and looking great before the incidents.

172 Monaco
OK WEL IM BACK!!!

What exactly happened then.....

Right wel.. turns out the Ildol pully, that is plastic on the orignal design, perrished and that caused the belt to slip and shread BUT NOT SNAP!!!(woooo hooo) there for it skipped what they think is 3 or 4 teeth bending at least 4 valves.

There recomendation was to get a new engine as it would be a cheaper total cost... what utter balls that was.. i would have had my car on the road for under £500 if i had got the valves fixed it turnes out but hay..i now have a new engine and a bil of 3 times the ammount i wanted to pay! but oh well.

And now...
new engine is in and its a 182!!! but i got it ported and polished whilst it was there, a new manifold and a new airfilter with all the belts done at the same time! so massive expense...

Will get pics up in the next few days for you all when i have paid and picked up the car.

only thing now is i have a 172 engine for sale with only needing new valves anyone know of any person looking for one get in contact as i need the money really badly!!!!

thanks
elliott

bmw e92 330d '09
ahhh jeeez what a bit*h.... thats really bad luck i think it's the car saying "don't make me euro, or i'll try and comite suicide!" haa haa haa!

i like your car the way it is but i also love euro....
if it was my car i would happily leave it and love it as it is! :approve:

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Not really comparable. :rolleyes:

Carl bought a 172 with a snapped cambelt it was cheaper and less hassle for us to replace the engine.

i wasnt trying to compare, im just saying, everyones first reaction when cambelt snap is 'NEW ENGINE' when it may have just taken out a couple of valves, and fixable for a fraction of the new engine cost.
hence why i said, try to look into the damage!
And it turns out i was right, so ill take that as win. so neerr
(i dont mean that ner at the op, more at the people saying im talking balls about a possible cheap repair!)

Exactly the same happened to mine, the idler brokee up and it skipped a few teeth (the belt kit was only 2/3 years old). After pulling it all apart all 8 inlet valves were bent, but the head was fine. A mate who owns a garage plus 8 new valves, headgasket/bolts and a new belt kit and it was fixed!