ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod Touch

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
very, VERY good. Got mine for £245.50 using an online code. I've ordered a clear case and the apple cradle for mine.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I had a look at the Touch at the Apple store in Glasgow yesterday, it reminded me how much I want to get the iPhone. Very quick interface, love it.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Ok do I wait for the iPhone or do I buy a 16gb Touch and get a free k850i or N95 from o2 instead which will overall reduce my monthly mobile spend?

57 Clio Campus Sport
Thats what i was thinking of doing but in the end i decided would wait for iPhone because if you get a phone and touch thats 2 things to carry round and you will probably regret it when one of your friends gets and iPhone and its just that little bit cooler. Yes £35-55 a month is a lot but its going to be the coolest phone to have

Citroen DS3 DSport
You are meant to be convincing me that I do not want the iPhone :D All you've done is echo my own thoughts!!! Hehe

Ad

MK2 FRS
the 8gb is 169 in dixons tax free in airports. Can get them even if you are flying internally...

Shame they didnt have anystock in manchester or Id have had one.:(

Mito Sportiva 135
Have to say this is actually pretty cool...any ideas of when the 32gb version will be out? Think the wifi ability combined with the touch screen looks great...

One thing though, as you are able to download tunes via wifi onto the iPod Touch, will you then be able to upload these onto your PC or what? If not then that feature is pretty rubbish.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah that's the one thing I'll not like about the iPhone, 8gb is not enough. I'll upgrade to whatever new version they release next year. The 32gb chips are apparently in production for Apple.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've got about 7gb free on mine at the moment, so not tooo bad. I'm thinking about buying some decent headphones for it.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
not sure what you mean. But I plugged my nano headphones into it last night (as they were nearby and the Touch's weren't) and they were very quiet, plugged the Touch ones in and they were fine (much louder).

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
which model? I've looked at the Shure ones on the Apple website but aren't impressed by them, I was going to get Sennheiser as well, as I love my wireless RS140s I have in the living room.

Fiat Panda 100hp
I have two sets, these for walking around town etc with. there pretty amazing, and cancel noise out really well its abit werid walking around town as you cant hear anything apart from the music and when you take them out you can hear all the people etc, you'll know what i mean if you get some.

And I have these for home mostly but also when I go on flights etc.

Ok I bought a 16Gb Touch today - all synced up and I'm very impressed with the interface etc. But does it only play video which is on your itunes?
I don't have any - I have plenty of downloaded movies in .avi format, will I have to convert these? Thing is I use a mac and there doesn't seem to be much free conversion software about.

Fiat Panda 100hp
its plays a bunch of different formats I think like mpeg4 etc so you just need to convert them.

Ok I have downloaded a couple .mp4 music videos that supposedly play on an ipod video - somehow i think this is different to the touch?
It won't show these files up in itunes and I have dragged them into the correct folder in itunes, but they do not show up. Grr.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Ok I have downloaded a couple .mp4 music videos that supposedly play on an ipod video - somehow i think this is different to the touch?
It won't show these files up in itunes and I have dragged them into the correct folder in itunes, but they do not show up. Grr.

Yeah ive got the same problem...Ive downloaded a few PSP fromat .MP4's but when i go to sync them with itunes it pops up saying somting along the lines of the file wont be sync'd as the iphone dont support it :S

(this is with an iphone though but they are virtually the same)

AFAIK mp4 & mov files play on the Touch.

QT Pro is good for converting files but it's not free.
I'd just love to know how to get them on there.

The ipod doesn't show up as a folder on the desktop, even with me telling itunes not to load automatically when the ipod is connected. Strange, as it does when my gen2 iPod is connected.
So I can't even drag the files in to the ipod touch folder.

Looks like i might have to buy a bleedin' video from the itunes store, but at nearly 2 quid a pop, for something i'll watch once it hardly seems worth it.

I've got a 16gb one of these now, but having to put my music on it on another PC in the house as it doesn't seem that iPhones and iPod Touches work on 64bit editions of Windows!

dk

911 GTS Cab
AFAIK mp4 & mov files play on the Touch.

QT Pro is good for converting files but it's not free.
I'd just love to know how to get them on there.

The ipod doesn't show up as a folder on the desktop, even with me telling itunes not to load automatically when the ipod is connected. Strange, as it does when my gen2 iPod is connected.
So I can't even drag the files in to the ipod touch folder.

Looks like i might have to buy a bleedin' video from the itunes store, but at nearly 2 quid a pop, for something i'll watch once it hardly seems worth it.
guys, this is all you need for videos, choose the iphone setting on this and it works perfectly for both iphone and itouch.

i do all my vids with it and its free.

http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod-touch/

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
Saves me starting a new thread.....

Ive just updated my Touch to the 2.0 firmware. £5.99 and a vast improvement. You now get APPS which allow you to download games and applications via wifi and also there are other .updates to other features on the Touch.

anybody else done it?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Mine was meant to be delivered today but i missed it, its now at DHL in fuckin Coventry, im gonna try get them to deliver again tomorrow but im only in in the afternoon. I want it now.

Wats the deal with this 2.0 download stuff, advise me boys please.

Updating mine now! cheers guys, thought it was gonna be months before it could do this!!

Spiezels: the update basically takes the ipod touch to the same software standard as the iphone 2, for ipod touches you have to pay £5.99 for the update, adds applications that had to be bought for £12 I think last january i.e. mail and stuff and most importantly gives you access to the app store so you can buy and download for free apps through itunes, some really sweet ones like remote lets you remote control itunes!!