ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mso supercharged Clio mk2

big boost cup
I cant get near them figures. more like 21ish. dose the gearbox feel any different with the bracing kit in place. i have been looking ito the VAG box but means i lose my diff

mso

172 cup supercharged
Well guys the car made it in the last Redline mag what do you think of it!!!!!! A lot has changed since then I bought a scooby which i tuned to 340 bhp so it's a good fast car not as exciting to drive as the Clio but still good!! As the Clio will be used as a 2nd car (track car)I have sold the engine and I'm having a 2nd hand refreshed engine fitted with itbs and cams fitted at Ktec running there Gen 90ecu. It' will still be running the gripper diff so it should be a blinding track day toy!!!!!

mso

172 cup supercharged
The engine wasn't broke!! Like I said I bought a scooby to play in now, but wanted to keep the Clio as a track toy got some money back from the engine, but still got a fast car for the track and for sure it will be better reliability wise so I can do the track days in it put it back in my garage forget about it till I do another one.

Thread has been cleaned up, over 147 posts removed - Took me a while and i wont be doing it again. Please keep this constructive, anyone out of line or aggressive will be getting points.

If this gets more pics etc ill move it back into projects, as its mostly chat its been moved into here for now.

Thanks and crack on :)

x

SQ5
There isn't a standard size, all. Superchargers come without and pulley is added on what eer size you want, do a quick measure up ;)

no just doing a few calculations in my head for what i want
yeah i know the pullys come in all sorts of sizes just thought most of the k-tec / rs tunning kits would come with a set size ect

will have to go do some sizes on all my pullys ect

you still up for a GB danny?

SQ5
no just doing a few calculations in my head for what i want
yeah i know the pullys come in all sorts of sizes just thought most of the k-tec / rs tunning kits would come with a set size ect

will have to go do some sizes on all my pullys ect

you still up for a GB danny?

It'll be the size of the air con pulley then ;) as its straight swap.

I'm still interested yes :) should have a little payout very soon!

mso

172 cup supercharged
Look it's bloody simple I don't know what the problem is!!!!!iafter the car was built my circumstances changed and I needed to sell the car instead of asking silly money for it as it was, i thought I'll split it I had an offer on the engine that was to good to turn down I'm now having a 2nd hand refreshed engine fitted with itbs and cams it will make a blinding fast road,track car I will get some photos up when I see the car as its down Ktec having the work done. There are some nice photos in the last issue of redline mag with its full spec when it's up for sale it will be the same spec apart from the engine.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Look it's bloody simple I don't know what the problem is!!!!!iafter the car was built my circumstances changed and I needed to sell the car instead of asking silly money for it as it was, i thought I'll split it I had an offer on the engine that was to good to turn down I'm now having a 2nd hand refreshed engine fitted with itbs and cams it will make a blinding fast road,track car I will get some photos up when I see the car as its down Ktec having the work done. There are some nice photos in the last issue of redline mag with its full spec when it's up for sale it will be the same spec apart from the engine.

Mate I'm really confused and trying to understand your 'circumstance' change. You've stated you're getting a new focus rs so youve sold the freshly built boosted engine, surely you cant of got more than £5-6k for that engine? You're now paying k-tec to build you another engine, paying for Itb's and cams plus labour and mapping, what is the point? You've stated your sole intention is to sell the car in the new year, you should've just sold the car with a lightly breathed on engine i.e matched inlets, de-cat back system instead of shooting money down the drain.

The money you're spending on doing the ITB's etc wont add up to what the car is worth when you sell it, added to the fact you're not even going to be using it on the road in the winter as you now have the subaru makes it a rather expensive exercise.

Its either that or there is some underlying issue with your boosted engine that you're not keen on divulging to the rest of us to save k-tecs already mixed reputation

SQ5
I will just add when I had work done at GDI and it came to 120% more than originally estimated I was asked not to put it in the forum, I wonder if this is the same kind of case?

mso

172 cup supercharged
Mate I'm really confused and trying to understand your 'circumstance' change. You've stated you're getting a new focus rs so youve sold the freshly built boosted engine, surely you cant of got more than £5-6k for that engine? You're now paying k-tec to build you another engine, paying for Itb's and cams plus labour and mapping, what is the point? You've stated your sole intention is to sell the car in the new year, you should've just sold the car with a lightly breathed on engine i.e matched inlets, de-cat back system instead of shooting money down the drain.

The money you're spending on doing the ITB's etc wont add up to what the car is worth when you sell it, added to the fact you're not even going to be using it on the road in the winter as you now have the subaru makes it a rather expensive exercise.

Its either that or there is some underlying issue with your boosted engine that you're not keen on divulging to the rest of us to save k-tecs already mixed reputation

People on here are really going OTT on this, the car no longer has the sc engine in it! Now its got a different engine with itbs and cams i got no pics as its down Ktec getting worked on its as simple as that.By the way has anyone seen it in Redline yet there are loads of pics in there !!!!!

mso

172 cup supercharged

And if i dont sell it i still want a decent engine in it not a lightly breathed on one!!!!!

Why don't you just post the pics up? Who in their right mind is going to buy a magazine in order to see your car? You must have them, seeing as how they took pics of your car. No?

mso

172 cup supercharged
Why don't you just post the pics up? Who in their right mind is going to buy a magazine in order to see your car? You must have them, seeing as how they took pics of your car. No?

No I don't have the pics from the photo shoot my mate took a couple but the files are to big to put up on here

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
why not upload them onto photobucket? then they will post on here...

also is it the blue clio on the front of novembers Redline?