ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

show us your desktop !!

Golf GTI 1.8T
new one...

desktop.jpg

Der Panzer
Vista RC2, clean install so not got that much on at the moment.

Attachments

• Desktop.jpg
    Desktop.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 77
how do you get a back ground like that ? what prgrams do i need to get and where from ? how do i get the clock and weather icons aswell ?

samurize

somethin like that

My old Samurize desktop -

newdesktop.jpg

nice one. Was never a fan of the tv guide thing tho... 1. cos i couldnt get the fucker to update, and 2... i dont watch that much tv to need it.. oh and 3, took up to much room.

i had simular icons, sept i had mine all in a semi transparent frame like thing on the right hand side of my screen.

aint used it for years, will have a mess with it on sunday :D:D

Mine, if someone could please tell my how to get my weather thing working I would appreciate it! bloody thing :mad:

Attachments

• desktopda0.jpg
    desktopda0.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 50

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Bah, bow to the power of my xgl desktop :D

Transparant video playing in real time over 2 desktops in pic 1

Video still playing but not transparent over two desktops in pic 2

Last edited:
  Not a Clio
Bah, bow to the power of my xgl desktop :D

Transparant video playing in real time over 2 desktops in pic 1

Video still playing but not transparent over two desktops in pic 2

You need a skydome image, blacks a bit boring ;)

I've been trying to get XGL/Compiz/Beryl working on my desktop, but not had any luck. I've got Ubuntu on there and the graphics card I'm using is a ATI Radeon 9600 TX. Anyone know if it is supported, or if it's me that's doing something wrong. I'm a n00b on Linux :eek:

Not a Clio
I've been trying to get XGL/Compiz/Beryl working on my desktop, but not had any luck. I've got Ubuntu on there and the graphics card I'm using is a ATI Radeon 9600 TX. Anyone know if it is supported, or if it's me that's doing something wrong. I'm a n00b on Linux :eek:

You've got a few places to go for help:

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/

http://forum.beryl-project.org/

http://wiki.beryl-project.org/index.php/Main_Page

I've got an Nvidia card, not sure how you get it working with ATI cards.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
All hail Mac OS X clones! :p

:p

The difference is, XGL/Compiz desktop stuff is all eye candy - not actually useful. OSX stuff is useful :p

I thought it was all eye candy too, but being completly honest its not.. I really find myself using multiple desktops now with all my work stuff on one desktop with music players, web pages such as CS on another. And its so easy to move windows around and sort out the clutter if you have too many windows open.

Very nice stuff indeed and makes the desktop very 'newbie' friendly, and at the end of the day the more appealing the desktop looks to users the more enjoyment they will get out of using it.

I thought it was all eye candy too, but being completly honest its not.. I really find myself using multiple desktops now with all my work stuff on one desktop with music players, web pages such as CS on another. And its so easy to move windows around and sort out the clutter if you have too many windows open.

Yep, but that's all standard stuff.. XGL just made it prettier. :)
I was using multiple workspaces in various window managers years ago.. I just didn't have a cube rotating and taking longer than an instant to get me to my desired workspace :p

XGL/Compiz is very nice.. when I was showing people at Uni it.. every single person said it's very neat.. it's just got the wow factor, but it didn't improve my productivity at all (infact, it made it worse.. I just wobbled windows all day and made the cube rotate at high speed :rasp:)