ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show us your track cars!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Jon R's is great, saw it at the SRR day earlier in the year. Here is my effort, still a daily, so not fully stripped;

Llandow_4_zps40e02a48.jpg

Llandow_6_zps4c4ee6c4.jpg

Llandow_5_zps061619a7.jpg

Inside.jpg

RearStraightOn.jpg

172, Tiguan
Bodies probably. I have some already, but they are a bit left field. I've got a few other things to pay for this year though sadly, so i'm not sure when it'll get done.

Cub, I thought yours looked great at SRR!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Cub, I thought yours looked great at SRR!

Cheers chap! Sadly its poorly (which SRR confirmed), but it shall come back stronger than ever! Bad timing, as i'm moving house, so can't afford to sort it before summer. That means no more track days this summer :(

Next year, i'm aiming to do between 6 to 8.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cheers chap! Sadly its poorly (which SRR confirmed), but it shall come back stronger than ever! Bad timing, as i'm moving house, so can't afford to sort it before summer. That means no more track days this summer :(

Same reason my Mk1 hasnt moved on recently, although we've just had a dissapointing survey back on the house we are meant to be buying, so not sure if I want to progress or not now :S

Next year, i'm aiming to do between 6 to 8.

Thats what I have cut myself down to doing this year to more or less take a year out from trackdays. Normally do 20+, lol

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
FLOL - knew you'd say that Jay. Mine is going to be fully decarpeted and stripped more for next year. I need to drive it 2-3 days a week at the moment, and its got to go to Le Mans in the summer. I'm a man who likes to retain some level of comfort for 5 hour + journeys!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Let me know when you're planning on stripping it further Oli, I'll come and lend a hand.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Will do mate, can do it with a few beers on a sunday. Will be when I get a garage - finally!!

Need fletch to join us with the heat gun, I know how much he loves stripping Tar!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Too many carpets in this thread

Aircon too in Lesley's RS2 car, its great on hot trackdays! It would be rubbish as a race car but its great as a trackday car where the key things are being fun to drive on track and being pleasant on the journey to and from the track.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Bad news on the house, sorry to hear that! Is it structural?

Yeah, looks great on the surface but is masking a lot of damp issues etc underneath sadly.

Will put in a lower offer but its going to be so much lower that im positive it will be a deal breaker.

172 Race Car
Aircon too in Lesley's RS2 car, its great on hot trackdays! It would be rubbish as a race car but its great as a trackday car where the key things are being fun to drive on track and being pleasant on the journey to and from the track.
Totaly aggree mate. When i get another i'll be leaving the comfort in it. There is a difference between a trackday car and a 'track' car. My phase 1 was lighter than our race car and had about the same level of luxuary . Im too old for that s**t now

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I love how 'track focussed' some of the members are on here!

Cant beat a track day with the boys!

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Heres mine-

554343_10150926228524720_756622658_n.jpg532890_10150927970554720_1221578138_n.jpg603431_10151092315044720_684458460_n.jpg

Still has some luxuries inside as driving to germany with no air con and no stereo doesnt interest me at all! Also on a hot trackday at cadwell it was lovely to have the air con on!

311033_10150328294884720_1229307112_n.jpg

Megane Diesel / 172
Went to my first trackday at Castle Combe last year, loved it
CLIO CASTLE COMBE Small.jpg

Then the bug bit and the work in progress so far ready for April 19th

IMG_0497.JPGIMG_0498.JPGIMG_0692.JPGphoto[1].JPGphoto[3].JPG