ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show us your track cars!

Here's mine. Basic spec is fully forged 1.8 K Series on throttle bodies with lightweight flywheel (currently running around 185bhp), carbon wings, carbon nose-cone, carbon aeroscreen and dash, 6 speed close ratio 'box, ZF LSD, AP brakes, and fully adjustable wide track suspension. It's great fun to drive and very quick :cool:

Here's a shot at Castle Combe taken last year. It was wet and very slippy in the morning so hard work, in fact there were a couple of Clios there that were literally running rings round me. Then it dried out in the afternoon and I got my own back :D All great fun though especially as it was all for charidee!

IMG_5130a.jpg

Plans for late this year are a full strip down, upgrade the oil system to fully dry sumped, change the Bilsteins to Nitrons, polybush all round, full cage, and maybe a little more headwork to raise the rev limit. All funds dependent though.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Nice mike :) love your avatar pic!!

Had a chap ask me on YouTube if my centre silencer had been removed. I said I'm just decatted but to check you out as I'm sure you had removed yours aswell as being decatted. Is your YouTube name the same as your cs user name?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Here's mine. Basic spec is fully forged 1.8 K Series on throttle bodies with lightweight flywheel (currently running around 185bhp), carbon wings, carbon nose-cone, carbon aeroscreen and dash, 6 speed close ratio 'box, ZF LSD, AP brakes, and fully adjustable wide track suspension. It's great fun to drive and very quick :cool:

Here's a shot at Castle Combe taken last year. It was wet and very slippy in the morning so hard work, in fact there were a couple of Clios there that were literally running rings round me. Then it dried out in the afternoon and I got my own back :D All great fun though especially as it was all for charidee!

View attachment 94925

Plans for late this year are a full strip down, upgrade the oil system to fully dry sumped, change the Bilsteins to Nitrons, polybush all round, full cage, and maybe a little more headwork to raise the rev limit. All funds dependent though.

What sort of times does that do round combe then mate?

Blimey, now you're asking Chip. I seem to recall we were in the low 1.20s after it dried up in the afternoon, but I could be wrong and that was timed on an iphone by a chap I took out (it was a charity day so taking punters round, with the odd solo lap) so is in no way accurate. It was also still quite greasy, so I'm sure I could have gone faster.

In the wet in the morning, the car was very slow and the Sevens were getting slaughtered by pretty much everything. My car's set up for dry conditions too so it was a case of tiptoeing round and trying to control the oversteer. Despite the LSD, I spun at least twice plus I got soaked so that part wasn't much fun!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Blimey, now you're asking Chip. I seem to recall we were in the low 1.20s after it dried up in the afternoon, but I could be wrong and that was timed on an iphone by a chap I took out (it was a charity day so taking punters round, with the odd solo lap) so is in no way accurate. It was also still quite greasy, so I'm sure I could have gone faster.

In the wet in the morning, the car was very slow and the Sevens were getting slaughtered by pretty much everything. My car's set up for dry conditions too so it was a case of tiptoeing round and trying to control the oversteer. Despite the LSD, I spun at least twice plus I got soaked so that part wasn't much fun!

Ah fair enough mate, will be interesting to see what it does when dry, I did a 1:24 with a passenger in my old very basic spec mk1 trackday car but that was a really good dry day with quite a bit of grip, so I am sure you can get sub 1:20 quite easily in yours in the right conditions and minus a passenger.

Yeah, I think sub 1.20s would easily be achievable. 80kg of passenger makes a huge difference in a 520kg car! Plus this year I'm running about 185bhp vs 165bhp and when I get the car dry sumped later this year I can go to full slicks instead of the (reasonably sticky) road tyres too. All those changes should make quite a difference, but only if it stops bloody raining!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah, I think sub 1.20s would easily be achievable. 80kg of passenger makes a huge difference in a 520kg car! Plus this year I'm running about 185bhp vs 165bhp and when I get the car dry sumped later this year I can go to full slicks instead of the (reasonably sticky) road tyres too. All those changes should make quite a difference, but only if it stops bloody raining!

Yes with all those changes I would think you are heading towards low teens with it if you get a spot on lap.

I'm hoping to eventually go sub 1:20 in my turbo clio but I doubt it will do it on its first outing which is likely to be end of april, even if it is dry!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
27th april at the action day assuming I manage to make some brakes for it in time, as Im only back from india a bit before then and also packing to move house so going to be a mad rush!

If I havent got the new brakes done in time or if there is a problem with them, I will still use it but will not be worrying what my laptimes are as I will have to drive it so gently anyway if I have to put new standard sized disks and ds2500 back on as a temp measure.

Cup In bits
Almost complete, its never dipped its toes on the track yet but I will change that on the 21at when in out for the 1st time :p

P1000743_zpsc8b516c3.jpg

P1000742_zpsb52ade16.jpg

28790F3B-0A3E-406C-83D6-CAF479AEE927-7974-00000719F7FB85CB_zpsd3b77f67.jpg

P1000709_zps3fa3d9c1.jpg

P1000710_zps4cdda4e5.jpg

P1000712_zps2f05ad44.jpg

2D45D30C-A83A-471F-9E00-187A056B140C-2712-000003016EB42BEC_zpse515e769.jpg

D8418FBD-D91A-4F64-B091-28AB720CD79A-7974-00000719F212E3EC_zps25cfacf5.jpg

Isn't the bit that they don't cover the grooved part of the disc? So it wouldn't make any difference. Can't really tell from the photo though.

172 Cup plus more
Gazwold, just out of interest, those Willwoods don't seem to be covering the full depth of the disc surface? Why is that?

As said its normal with the wilwood conversion I cannot say why sorry, but I can say they work very well ;-)

172 Cup plus more
Ok cool. Never seen/noticed it before and just wondered why that's all :) I'm after some at some point hence why I was so keen to know.

Ok cool, a word of advice, dependant on what you plan to do with the car choose the right pads! KTEC as normal did not deliver my mintex 1155 track pads in time so I use fast road 1144's for spa last weekend, they were ok but they are now died after two days on the track.

Also to be honest if you plan to order don't use KTEC!!! I would use jamsport or another if I could do it all over again, very disappointed with there speed of delivery and the fact they take the money straight away then you have to wait ages for your parts.

Interesting thanks Gaz. Eventually anyway when I plan on going down that route. I'll probably order the calipers directly from Rally Design and the brackets from K-tec so I can run my current sized discs. Pads I'll get from wherever is cheapest. That's the idea when the time comes anyway ;)