ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Clio 182 Trophy
Replaced my flakey heater control panel face and replaced the dead right hand bulb from behind it. Now it's all together though it looks like the bulb the other side is dead (or just not as bright?), bit disappointing after all that!
Before:
IMAG0891_zpsx9zdjicr.jpg

After:
20170130_213545_zpsoapzfa67.jpg

20170130_213651_zpsj3fhkouw.jpg

Ph.1 Clio 172
Dephaser sounded like a diesel for a a while now. Today i took off the cambelt and tomorrow i will replace dephaser and cambelt aux kits.
Was pretty straight-forward process. Lack of access was not too bad. The aux tensioner was by far the least accessible from all of this.
Previous "mechanic" had broken a piece from alternator bracket, a piece from aux belt tensioner (the square hole was snapped), and a piece from the plastic timing cover. Timing was also off by a little bit.
Hopefully tomorrow she will be running happier than ever:D

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Swapped a broken spring on the C2
IMG-20170203-WA0015.jpeg

I fuckin hate compressing springs. Scares the s**t out of me lol

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Refurbed my KTR solid top mounts......
removed circlips, pushed out old bearings using vice, bit tight but not too much trouble. Cleaned everything up and reassembled with new bearings. Simple job, nice result, and best of all I got the bearings online for £18 each, compared to the refurb kit from Ktec which is over £70 :cool:.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Replaced power steering fluid, gearbox oil, engine oil, standard filters, cleaned TB, roof aerial and washer jet after last year's trip to Longleat!

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Replaced power steering fluid, gearbox oil, engine oil, standard filters, cleaned TB, roof aerial and washer jet after last year's trip to Longleat!
Hi, how did you drain the old power steering fluid? Thanks :up:.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Hi, how did you drain the old power steering fluid? Thanks :up:.

The quick and easy way by using a syringe to remove the fluid, refilled, turned wheel full lock both ways a few times, then repeated the process a few times.

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
The quick and easy way by using a syringe to remove the fluid, refilled, turned wheel full lock both ways a few times, then repeated the process a few times.
Ahh, that's a good idea, I just need to get myself a big syringe :up:.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Thought about cleaning it.

Checked weather on 3 different websites - raining on all of them.

So didn't wash it.

It didn't rain :rage:

What did you have done

Original plan:
  • Change cambelt/dephaser/aux belt
  • Change oil and filter
  • Change pollen filter
  • Install my pre-cat lambda
  • Let me know what else needs work... and do it!

What they ended up doing:
  • All of the above
  • Top-up gearbox oil (1ltr!)
  • New crank shaft pulley bolt
  • DS2500 pads on front
  • New brake fluid
  • Lower cambelt cover
  • Inlet manifold gasket
  • CV boot clip
  • New spark plugs
  • Inlet manifold breather seal
  • Inlet plenium chamber bolts