ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

zenon lights on 172

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the clear pics youve posted earlier on are defo not xenons but hard to tell on them pics above(the left lamp looks a bit like a xenon but you cant really tell).if the dealers swapped them then thats a complete bodge on their part.post up what customer services say.ill check the car details with your reg to see if it should have zenons(can get a detailed spec description off renault net).

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Big Iain on 16 March 2004

already checked all that mate and it has the discharge lamps?!?!?!

well suppose to!!
what youve checked it on the detailed icm mate?

Burgandy 174 sport t

yeah at two garages!! coz the dealer I bought it from was like no mate they are not on the car!! never were!! so I went to a dealer couple of miles away and then they were !!!!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

if the icm says it should have them then thats proof enough because that is the renault system thats saying zenons were fitted.sounds like the dealer you bought the car off has been swapping bits around.get renault customer services onto them the robbing b******s.

Tappd'd RS

Ive heard of a ford dealer swapping bits, but I wont mention any names coz I dont have first hand experience of it.

Im sure Renault will kick up f**k - hope you are suitably recompensed!

Burgandy 174 sport t

Jay you would think so wouldnt ya!!!

ok so just to get everyones thoughts give me a yes or no about wat u think!!

in the dealer pic:

yes for having zenons

no for no zenons!!!

Volvo S60 T5

b******s, why do the dealers do this!

Good luck and I hope this get sorted for you.

Oh and just a little thought, Xexon headlights have axle height sensors, Have a look under the rear axle and you should see a small plastic rod attached to the axle and going to a black plastic box that is fixed to the body on the left hand rear.

If the dealer had swopped the headlights, I doubt they would have thought to remove that!

Then you have got 100% proof that the car had Xexon headlights.

2012 WRX Waggon

I think NO Iain.

BTW - This thread has been viewed over 1000 times!!!!!

not much of an ad for Renault is it, or Renault customer services!!

Burgandy 174 sport t

do all of you mind??

mailto:B@llsie">B@llsie... yes its the one u think it is!!! exactly where your cup is right now!! seen it today!! looked good!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Big Iain on 16 March 2004

Jay you would think so wouldnt ya!!!

ok so just to get everyones thoughts give me a yes or no about wat u think!!

in the dealer pic:

yes for having zenons

no for no zenons!!!
this dealer will get an ass whooping from renault if theyve been swapping bits around and telling you porkies.

Tappd'd RS

Iain - it always did scrub up nice!

I go to night school with the service manager at Hamilton, but I doubt that would help your cause would it? Spoke to him tonight coincidently.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Mike172sport on 16 March 2004

b******s, why do the dealers do this!

Good luck and I hope this get sorted for you.

Oh and just a little thought, Xexon headlights have axle height sensors, Have a look under the rear axle and you should see a small plastic rod attached to the axle and going to a black plastic box that is fixed to the body on the left hand rear.

If the dealer had swopped the headlights, I doubt they would have thought to remove that!

Then you have got 100% proof that the car had Xexon headlights.
renault icm is also 100% written proof.renault cant argue with themselves can they.

Tappd'd RS

I dont know him all that well, I cant even remember his name!

This is gonna sound shady but hes a heavier chap with a kind of redish complexion? Does that sound about right, Im sure he said he was Service Manager.

Burgandy 174 sport t

na different guy I spoke to!!! typical reno I asked for the service manager!!

Jay nect thing Im worried about is that they may pin this on me ie say that I swapped em!! is that poss?? ie is it a diy job??

172, Tiguan

The one on the dealer forecourt has xenons, im pretty damn sure.

Personally id park the car across their service bay enterance, ask to speak to the dealer principal and get him to phone Reno customer service whilst your standing in front of him.

If he refuses then dont move your car.

Man Im up for a shouting match with a reno dealership, JUST BRING IT!!!

mines being booked back in tomorrow.

Tappd'd RS

lol @ jon - renault dealers dont seem to be a firm favourite of cliosport lately - do they?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Big Iain on 17 March 2004

na different guy I spoke to!!! typical reno I asked for the service manager!!

Jay nect thing Im worried about is that they may pin this on me ie say that I swapped em!! is that poss?? ie is it a diy job??
i dont think they will mate.i mean why would anybody remove a nice set of exspensive zenons and fit normal lights,i doubt renault would accept that if the dealer tryed it on.interested to know the outcome of this,let me know wont you.

Burgandy 174 sport t

Yeah good point!!

I was there when they phoned reno uk and got told they need info on cost and y they aint there b4 they do ne thing!!!

what else can I do???

Burgandy 174 sport t

ok Im feelin alot better bout this now!!! possitive that these were on the car b4 I bought it!! Ne 1 good at enhancing photos??? I really do not want to believe that a dealer would do this!!!! nor do I want smeone to lose a job over it!! would that happen??? Jay I will keep u up to date!!

Tappd'd RS

if it was one of the mechanics who nicked the lights and not the dealer wanting to swap them for another car then Im pretty sure they get the sack, at minimum a written warning!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 16 March 2004

As far as I know all 172s have Xenon lights.
Only mk2s do, but yes ALL mk2 172s have Xenons!