ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

zenon lights on 172

Burgandy 174 sport t

so u think I can conclude that these zenons were on the car then!!! I am satisfied with the pic!!! but I know what the dealer will say oooooo mmmmmm yeah mmmmm its not very clear is it!!!

think Im gonna go down this route ie look the lights were on the car before I picked it up heres the pic!!!!

Burgandy 174 sport t

I know but the fact the car wasnt new!!! ie pre reg?? are they gonna say thats the way the car came?? infact no it only had 10 miles onit!!!!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 16 March 2004

If they were delivered like that, it might be a friday afternoon car from the factory, where the bloke just stuck the wrong lights in.
Cant see that happening really...

The 172 comes with Xenons as STANDARD ! It says so in the brochure. If you look at the Renault page for the 182 it also states they come with Xenons.

http://www.renault.co.uk/RenaultSITe/puma/GB/PROD_GB/MEL_PROD/en/Sport_Clio_cl2/p5.jsp?BU cant really see V_SessionID=@@@@1289523030.1079509207@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccccadckmidgddkcfngcfkmdfkjdflo.0">http://www.renault.co.uk/RenaultSITe/puma/GB/PROD_GB/MEL_PROD/en/Sport_Clio_cl2/p5.jsp?BU cant really see V_SessionID=@@@@1289523030.1079509207@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccccadckmidgddkcfngcfkmdfkjdflo.0

U cant really see very well in this photo but i can guarantee mine has Xenons.

file:///D:/Ray%20Pics/My%20car%20front%20right%202.jpg">

Tappd'd RS

^^^ you cant see anything in the photo Raybo - just a white box with a red cross. You tried to link to a location on your PC, the D drive. :oops: Ooops!

Burgandy 174 sport t

ok about to leave to go to the dealer, any tips or things I should say apart from where the f**k are my lights??!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I would stick with where the f**k are my lights your motha f**king dipsh*t asshole w**ker biaaaaatch.. !

Good luck Iain, this needs to get sorted today I think ! There really is no argument ! They are 100% in the wrong, simple as that !

Let us know how it goes !

mmmmmmmmm? !! thats strange cos i did the same last time in a different discussion group in here and it worked fine....... oh well back to the drawing board........ i gotta find some webspace to put some pics up i guess

DOH !!! :oops::p

Hey anyway GET YA LIGHTS SORTED Big Iain M8 cos yu shud have Xenons if yu got a 172

Good Luck

Burgandy 174 sport t

Ok got back from there a while ago now but its taken this long for me to calm down, ne ways!!!

went back in and was basically told the same thing as yesterday ie a list of parts needed and cost has to be submitted to Ren uk before this goes ne further, I asked to speak with the manager of the dealer while he also spoke with a top man at reno uk but was told that they do not have ne direct numbers for ne 1 at Ren uk and that all communication was done through email these days!!! (I said "I think thats bullsh*t") they then started to get narky sayin stuff like "at the end of the day t was a used car you bought and I could quite easily leave it at that" also " that way you have no rights to claim the lamps" but he said " I dont want that, and if thats the decision that eventually gets made then I will intervene" I said cant you start intervening just now??? reply "look lets hear what Reno uk say first eh, theres nothin more to say right now"

I have been on the watchdog website and a few others includin The Scottish Motor Trade asoc!!

Oh I have rights....... They advertised this car as a mk2 172 sport, but the one I have does not meet the spec of a Mk2 172???!!!

Another thing I stung them about was that there were no mats in the car when I got it and when challenged about this the salesman said dont worry about it I will order them up, which he did!! so when I said this to the manager mentioning that fitted carpet mats are part of the spec the same way as xenon lights are so Y the difference, reply"well the salesman should not have ordered them, I will have words with him" Ross my salesman informed me that He did indeed get pulled up about it!!

Ne way comments from yourselves now!!

cheers!!

p.s Hi all at parks If you read this!!!! :mad:

I dont know if there is anything else to be said mate. I would not be happy waiting but what more can you do ! Just hope it all gets sorted very soon. Just keep on top of it and I am sure there will be a satisfactory outcome.

Burgandy 174 sport t

I said is there a pssability then that I could get left without these lights then and they replied yes there is!!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I would pester at EVERY opportunity.
Ask to speak to a higher person each time.

How long have you had the car? I guess, ultimately you could demand a refund as the car is not sold with standard spec.

Mk2 172

Can BenR still get the build specs of each clio based on the chasis or registration numbers?

That will tell you if they were in the car as it left the factory.

Think it was BenR anyway.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the detailed icm tells you the full vehicle factory build spec.they are called discharge lamps on the icm.

any news yet iain?

Burgandy 174 sport t

Jay look on page 6 for what they said to me today!!!

yes the icm says it had discharge lamps!!

where can I read the pdi??? delivery inspection??

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

just read page 6.i would see what renault uk say but youve definatly got a case against the dealer.theyve sold you a non spec car at the end of the day.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

ive had my fair share of dealings with ren customer services, to the point when i rang up i wasnt allowed to talk to the people that answered the phone i got routed to the women in charge. im tryin to find her name out for ya. if you can get to speak to her you mite get somewhere. would suggest pmin mr townsend tho!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Big Iain on 17 March 2004

Thats what I mean but all I get is its a used car mate!! will have a look in the service book!!
used or not its still not to spec which is what they sold you.you say used but you said its only done 10miles so its more like the dealer preregistered it to meet sales targets so it hasnt been anywhere.are you the first owner after the dealer who registered it from new on your log book?

Burgandy 174 sport t

yup my point exactly but the dealer keeps sayin look mate it was not new and when I say what jus did they ah but it still aint new!!

phonin tradin standards tomorrow and I think I have found another photo of the front too!!!

Thats so rough mate! My dad used to be best mates with Doogie Park at school but hes a bit of a money hungry A-hole nowadays and my dad wouldnt even buy a car off him!!

Good luck though and u definately have a case and dont even think about settling for the "no xenon edition" trading standards are excellent and will fight it all the way!

7.6cc :D

Iain, the car was second hand? therefore sold as seen? same as if the alloys had been changed by the previous owner, the new owner would have no rights to the original spec renault alloys that came with the car from Renault.

On the other hand, if the zenon lights were on the car when you agreed to purchase it and since removed, then surely you could go to the police, as this if theft? no?

Jill

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

If the first owner IS listed as the Garage, then even as a seperate case they would have to answer why they were removed etc.

However, if the 1st owner is Joe Bloggs, then I guess they could argue that Mr Bloggs removed the lights and not the Reno Dealer.

Well its just another case of "fobbing off" i think ! ..... Ive had LOADS of telephone discussions with Renault UK.......... at the end of the day they dont wish to know our problems..... ESPECIALLY if the cars are imports of course. However it is up to the Dealer and nobody else to decide on course of action.....i would suggest to them if you do not get a satisfactory outcome to this problem ( within a reasonable time scale) you will take matters further....... One thing to remember ......... PUT EVERYTHING IN WRITING otherwise they will deny everything....... and make sure you ask for comments / replies to ALL your correspondence.... ive been through this M8 so i know. If you need any names / numbers for Renault leave me a message .... ive got loads lol

Good Luck ..... and DONT give up !

Can you honestly see any Renault dealer buying in a second hand 172 without a factory fitment? I cant. If anyone is to blame i would suggest it is Renault. I had a loan car a few months ago from my local dealer ..... a 1.6 16v Megane which had a DIESEL sticker inside the filler cap !! Its a good job i knew the difference otherwise they would have been f****d !!! so it CAN happen.....

Burgandy 174 sport t

Jill the car is new ok!!! yes its classed as a used car so I put the question to the manager "have you tampered with the car??" obviously he said no and obviously I havnt so who has??? reno build?? no way do I believe it was a build mistake!!!