ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

’Line In’ to standard Cup HU.

Black 200 Cup

Is it possible to get a line in to a standard 172 Cup head unit? Was thinking of getting a personal MP3 player and it would be nice if I could run a wire from it into the standard stereo. Ive seen these FM transmitters that are powered from the cigarette lighter and broadcast a signal to a free FM channel...but I doubt theyre very good and have seen mixed reviews. Anyone seen a solution for this? (I was thinking along the lines of the CD changer input - if theres no CD changer in the car is there a socket on the back of the HU that could be used?)

dont believe its possible- fm modulator is next option but you do get different qualites-more exspensive doesnt always mean better either

Not unless youre very good with electronics and even then youd probably struggle.

As for FM transmitters, if you go that route make sure you go for one that goes in line on the aerial cable and not one that transmits a signal "wirelessly" the wired ones tend to be better quality.

Black 200 Cup

Any ideas where to get an in-line aerial version? Ive only seen the wireless ones online and this sounds like a decent compromise.

ta.