ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£1k to spend one a 172

Frp'd Fiesta
need some ideas on what to spend a grand on. its got the turino's and half leather interior already. s/s cat back and air filter.
what can i do with £1k? cams and remap?

cheers

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Good tyres and brakes make you go faster mate.

PH1 iceburg
Cams can be an expensive upgrade for little horsepower gain.

Coilovers and brakes will make a huge difference.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Cheap fast road set-up -

Coilovers - V maxx £350
Brembo max discs £100
Braided lines £50
Castrol response brake fluid £15

Matched inlets £200
Re-map £135
De-cat £80

Spend the rest on a good service

Diffrent car for under £1k....

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Standard PH2 172 Inlets

DSC00905.jpg

Mathced PH2 172 Inlets

DSC00908.jpg

Stand to gain Improved BHP & lower torque one of the few £££ for power mods that doesn't cost the world

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Standard PH2 172 Inlets

DSC00905.jpg

Mathced PH2 172 Inlets

DSC00908.jpg

Stand to gain Improved BHP & lower torque one of the few £££ for power mods that doesn't cost the world

I was always told that inlets should not be matched to the Gasket?!

PMSL @ Alan. We've all been there son!

RS 172+
I'd keep the money, take your misses on holiday for two weeks, 172's are shat tbh.
I'd keep the money, and take your 172 on holiday for two weeks.

What you do with the missus is your business! :D

tiTTy & SV650
Hmm...

No0bs today..;)

172's are old hat now, DONE.

up ye! mortgages are where its at ;)

As for 172's make sure it's running right, Koni shocks and eibach sportlines and some new ARB bushes and a geometry setup

Black Gold with cup packs
I'd keep the money, take your misses on holiday for two weeks, 172's are shat tbh.

:) been there... 2k on repairs in 2 weeks on my 172cup.... I almost lost faith in Renaultsports.. but it was regained once repaired and I now own another :)
Some are bad, some are good, some are great.. I have a great one atm....
Just enjoy it fella. I have spent a fortune on modifying clios in the past and chasing performance figures is certainly not worth it unless you have intentions of using it in a cotrolled competative enviroment... Or you have £5k to spend on a supercharger conversion... Upgrade your brakes and make sure you have quality tyres, worth there weight in gold as far modifications go. Play to the Clios strengths... Handling... any upgrades that will contribute to an improvment in handling mainly brakes and tyres (coilovers if you have a grand.... which you do but that would be all your money gone for a great upgrade and properly corner weighted).....
Make sure the belts are done as well, if not get them done.

ST
up ye! mortgages are where its at ;)

As for 172's make sure it's running right, Koni shocks and eibach sportlines and some new ARB bushes and a geometry setup

Listen to it Mr 'two cars' ;)

You've had a 182 and even you say it was a far better drive than the 172 :lolup:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Listen to it Mr 'two cars' ;)

You've had a 182 and even you say it was a far better drive than the 172 :lolup:
Better to drive, but only slightly.
£1k on a 172? 4-5 track days. There's nothing else you'll do that will bring more enjoyment from the car.

RS 172+
£1k on a 172? 4-5 track days. There's nothing else you'll do that will bring more enjoyment from the car.
+1

I am seriously thinking about that sort of investment; would love to find out how the RS can perform off the public highway :D

Coming from experience chasing power firgures is far more expensive than its worth fella, better to let someone else take the hit for you ;)

If i had 1k it would be going on professionally setup H&R coilovers

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Coming from experience chasing power firgures is far more expensive than its worth fella, better to let someone else take the hit for you ;)

If i had 1k it would be going on professionally setup H&R coilovers
Suppose it depends on useage. I'd say for purely road useage
-Vmaxx coilovers 450ish set-up
-Uprated brakes 200ish
-Advanced driver training