ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

0-60 time of 172

S2000

BTW, if you look and listen to that vid, you can hear the scoob backing off well well before it did when it raced he Cup!

We can film them against each other tommorow night, using camera mount so no extra person to weigh 172 or the Cup down. When we raced I was behind Teady, he counted down 1 2 3 clench fist, right away ive made up the 1 car length between us and had to change up @ 6500 rpm in 2nd or id have hit his arse even when I changed @ 6500 in 2nd when I stuck it in 3rd I still had the power to pull along side him about half way up the side of his 172 then I slowed right down knowing id proved a point and could have went passed him easy.:D

In that video if im not mistake vs the 172 the guy in the scooby seems to miss a gear and it sounds funny at the change.

so what if you did neil i could buy 3 cups lol and still have money to spare. fact is a cup is marginally quicker than a mk2 and a mk1 well...

Quote: Originally posted by 172man on 09 April 2003

so what if you did neil i could buy 3 cups lol and still have money to spare. fact is a cup is marginally quicker than a mk2 and a mk1 well...
Oh you’re the man, we are all so jealous.:D:D

Alfa Mito 155TB

Would anyone else agree that the 172 feels faster somedays than not so fast on others?

...now the old which car is faster scenerio...I have raced other 172s beat some and lost other races.depends on gear change and getting a good start and holding nerve on the twisty bits.

but i have had 2 races with cups and beat them..not by much (up 2 5 car lengths) again the luck element comes into it.......but the other week i got trounced by a Williams clio which came up behind me at 80 and we took off... and he went past me easily on the empty bit of road...so i waved and flashed lights in aknowlegement.

The secret is to enjoy the car you drive...the cup is lighter, but same power engine....really they should of made it lighter and gave it 200bhp.

ps my mk2 172 does 144mph on private road unmodified...but the green change up gear comes on at 138mph...

There is nothing in it between a scoob and a cup (the 2000 model turbo) had one behind me on a dual carriageway, in fact two, I floored in 4th and he never closed the gap all the way to top speed! In fact I was pulling away until he came on boost! With regard to this thread about the cup doing 6.2 - yes it does and will probably hit 6 secs or less under the right conditions - if that offends anybody, sorry, but cup owners tend to be of a general consensus on this matter and Im sure if 172 owners also changed to a cup then they would be backing this thread too - its all about Pride and ego though! The RS focus was 6.4 but everyone has trested it at 5.9 and Im sure it does the dash in a tl east 5.5! Book times are horsesh*t! As my cup loosens upp and it is still loosening, the car gets quicker and quicker, and thatsnot through whoping on a massive exhaust and exposed filter for some psychological speed increasing noise effects!

S2000

Cupsize, I am with you, the Cup is considerably faster than the 172. But 6.2/6 to 60 it cannot achieve IMHO! Also the only mag to test the RS to 5.9 was EVO. Everyone else wasat least .5s off, and 2 seconds off to 100! It is the general consensus that the EVO RS was overboosting!

320d M Sport

thats fine, if all Cup owners are united in believing high 5s is possible then we can expect some video footage can we not?

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Quote: Originally posted by kis172 on 09 April 2003

IF YOU DONT STOP TURNING EVERY THREAD INTO A sl*gGING MATCH I WILL DELETE THEM EVERY TIME

Youd be deleting 90% of threads of here