ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

0-60 Times

Clio Dynamique 1.6 16v
Hello,

Just read a thread about Clio 1.6 16v 0-0 times and it being claimed to be 7.2 seconds, but everywhere I have read clio 1.6 0-60 is 9.6 or around that mark.

Its weird thought, how do vts / polo gti / lupo gti / 106 gti run closer to 8 seconds? And have around 15bhp more from there engines. Surely something can be done to the clio engine to get it up to the speed those cars are running?

Cheers
Tom

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
the saxo's and 106's are a hell of a lot lighter. theyr also better aerodynamically lol

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
i can do 0-60 in 9/10 seconds in my 1.2. the reason why book times are higher is because the test them with a passenger and stuff, its more and avaergae, not top 0 - 60 speed. also different makes do the tests differently. hope this helps!

7's 0-60 in the 1.6 i doubt it. I have one and i'd say book time is correct about 9 to 9.5 seconds.

To get it to go faster loose some weight, back seats, spare wheel etc. Doubt you'd have it beating vts / polo gti / lupo gti / 106 gti really without serious money been spent on the engine

Clio Dynamique 1.6 16v
That is what I thought, those cars a very quick, its just a bit odd how they get the extra horses from a 1.6 16v engine.

Loving the new car though! Good Fun to Drive:star:

al

ST on the way...
Bloke who had my car before me apparently had 8.8 out of it to 60, verified by one of those GPS things. (if you do a search for user "oakley" his data should be on here somewhere)

Clio Dynamique 1.6 16v
8.8 that is good, wat had he done to get it down to that do you know? I have had a search but could not find that thread?

Cheers
Tom

al

ST on the way...
Off topic for a second - Did you cure your burning smell?

^ IGNORE THAT, GOT CONFUSED WITH POSTS! ^

al

ST on the way...
ClarkyClio said:
8.8 that is good, wat had he done to get it down to that do you know? I have had a search but could not find that thread?

Cheers
Tom

As far as i'm aware it was standard.

Clio Dynamique 1.6 16v
Just read those threads, and theres a few clio 1.6 owners one with the same reg clio as mine who rekon they get 8.5 to 60 which is pretty good.

Any tips to knock off a few more tenths of a second to start troubling vts/gti owners?

Seen a short shift gear leaver on k-tec rekon that is worth getting, as well as having it chipped by superchips.co.uk? Already got a kn 57i on her makes a lovely noise!:D

Cheers
Tom

Clio Dynamique 1.6 16v
Slowing me down?! I thought they were meant to free up air flow not slow me down?

Can you explain that? What do you recommend to add a few horses to my car? I thought air filter was obvious first step followed by exhaust, super chip, and I want the short throw gear shifter from k-tec.

Cheers
Tom

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
it sucks in hot air ... to go faster you need cold air.
also you aint going to trouble vts's or gti'6 with that. its at least another second you need to wipe off not tenths of seconds. ive seen my mates almost standard vts trouble evo's n s4's n theres no way a 1.6 clio is going to come close to that without major work.

don't forget gearing - my old 205 GTi 1.9 was specially geared to ensure it pipped 60 in 2nd, as standard, caught out lots of peeps with that 1 less gear change!! Oh and 205's are made from tinfoil and fairydust

MINI JCW
The Fatty said:
i can do 0-60 in 9/10 seconds in my 1.2. the reason why book times are higher is because the test them with a passenger and stuff, its more and avaergae, not top 0 - 60 speed. also different makes do the tests differently. hope this helps!

9/10 secs in a 1.2???? Has yours had alot of work done to it

R35 GTR
my 0-60 time in my 1.2 clio was sooooo long, but i never used to thrash it. I wouldnt mind a go in one now though to compare, as my driving style has changed.

Mazda MX5 1.8
the clio engine can reasonably easily get up to and beyond the power output of the other 1.6 16v's its just they are tuned higher as std

the clio 1.6 was never built as a performance model and therefore returns excellent mpg & long service intervals

weight is the biggest killer tho as the 106/saxo is a lot lighter

however i would say 9 secs is a good guess for 0-60 of a clio 1.6 depending on conditions....

Mk2 Ph2 1.4 16v Dynamic
The 106 and vts saxo's were designed to go quick and they rev their heads off compared to a clio 1.6 16v. I would say the clio would be a lot closer to 9secs than it would be 7secs plus they are a lot heavier and are built for comfort and partial fuel economy.A vts or pug gti would drink shed loads more fuel as its higher tuned and higher revving.

i can get low tens in my 1.4.... that was with my mate in the car... on average it turned out ot be around 10.3 seconds to 60

in 2nd limiter kicks in around 50

1.2 16v clio
my limiter kicks in just afta 50 in 2nd and mines a 1.2 absolutely naild this corsa b my mate as its 1 1.4 and he ad a headstart them corsa are well slow.