ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'03 dynamique new speakers opinion/recommendations.

1.2 dynamique 2003
Ey up,
im getting abit embarrassed now of mi standard speakers in my clio 03' plate so im looking for a change.
i dont really want anything OTT, but i would like something fairly decent and value for money.

after a quick glimpse on halfords (I KNOW! I KNOW! first place i typed into google) i did spot some of these
Edge 305 v2 5.25" speakers + tweeters.
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...productId_1006481_langId_-1_categoryId_265870

i dont really know much about audio manufacturers so i would appreciate what your opinions are. are Edge speakers actually any good? or are they all just about 'looks'?

so yeah, opinions on them please :)
and...
Also, any recommendations for anything better within the same price range would be appreciated too :).

One last question aswell, i know its easy to access the speakers, i havnt pull them out yet to have a look but should i need to worry about any connection issues such as renault having their own standard plugs for the wiring or is it straight forward? if so, any help to work around that issue?

Cheers

Clio 182
i fitted hu for customer and ran cables to rear (doorcards back seat), for exact same speakers. if going to halfords the edge sound alright, fli are better, and vibe are the best they offer. i tested but didnt fit them as i was doing a favour as someone hadnt ordered in correct stalk adapters, presume its just 4 screws. also the speaker wire in box aint long enough, so best buy some when you buy speakers

1.2 dynamique 2003
well iv just taken the door speakers out and had a quick look, looks like ill be best to buying some adaptors for the connection.
one thing i am abit curious about though is if any decent speakers are going to fit.
although the speaker diamete is 5.25", im abit worried about the mounting depth that the plastic speaker housing in the door will allow. i did measure roughly 6cm which will be enough for the depth, im not sure the diameter of the bottom of the plastic housing will be wide enough to accomodate a reasonble size magnet though:S.......should it?:S
obviously iv not bought yet, but i dont want to buy to find out they dont fit, unless i have to.