ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

04 plate 172's

Golf
Was just wondering how many there is on here, was having a talk with Hutchie who says he carnt find another 172 with cruise control which mines got, assuming mine's only got as it must be towards last of the line, its got all the other extras aswell that am aware off, traction control etc. So is the many more out there, got to admit a didnt realise when a bought it that its was classed as rare lol.

VaVa
There's a monaco near me on an 04.

Nothing special about it, just means it was sat in a yard somewhere for a while before it was registered.

VaVa
Mines a 53 and just has the ESP. Saw a couple of other 53 platers with cruise when I was looking though.

Sounds like yours was registered late then.... cruise was added as standard in September 03 in lieu of the 6 CD changer, which became a £200 (!) option.

ph2 172
mine is a 53 plate, first registered Jan 04, and it has cruise control. I seem to recall seeing that it was manufactured in 0ct 03, but I can't remember where.

Anyway at the time (jan 04) the end of line 172's were being sold off cheap, and they were stacked up high at my local car discount warehouse. So I can't believe they are exactly rare.

VaVa
Mines an import if that makes any difference? It was also registered in Oct 03 iirc.

Nah import makes no difference. Was built pre-august shutdow 2003 most likely.

Reason I'm sad enough to know all this was that I ordered my 172 in July 03 and didn't get it until October 03.... and in between ordering it and getting it I lost the 6 CD changer and gained cruise control lol.

Golf
Didnt mean rare as in just a few about but ave never seen another in the flesh and havent seen many on here

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Nah import makes no difference. Was built pre-august shutdow 2003 most likely.

Reason I'm sad enough to know all this was that I ordered my 172 in July 03 and didn't get it until October 03.... and in between ordering it and getting it I lost the 6 CD changer and gained cruise control lol.

Cheers lol. I didn't get the CD changer either which is a bugger because I would kill to plug an MP3 player into the standard head unit:(

1998 BMW e46 323i
Cheers lol. I didn't get the CD changer either which is a bugger because I would kill to plug an MP3 player into the standard head unit:(

Could you not just buy an OEM H/U from a different year to solve this or a wire? Not criticising, just wondering how you could get around the prob.

Black PH2 172
Mines on an 04 and has cc, i havent got a clue what the 'R' and 'O' buttons are on the right of the wheel though?

VaVa
The '0' buton surprisingly turns the Cruise control off. The 'R' button is 'resume' which sets the CC back to it's last setting.

320d
i saw a 58 plate Mk2 Ph3 Dynamique last week :S

I can go one step better sir

03 Plate Mk2 Ph1 MTV seen it twice actually, both in pub carparks lol
Image082.jpg