ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v dynamique mods

I wanna add a couple of minor mods, like induction kits or somethin like that, giving my little clio that bit more of a boost

only thing is i havent gotta clue what would be the best thing/s to get to give the best power boost,

Any ideas peeps?

oh yeah its gonna be brand new aswell, i dont pick it up till Friday, will i have to be run the car in for a few hundred miles first?

thanx to any1 with advice,

most cars could get an extra boost just by simply having it tuned properly on the rolling road, after that then the usual full exhaust, de-cat pipe, induction kit, helps it breathe a bit.

after that you would be looking at cam change, uprate manifold, head flowing, head or block skimming, lightening the fly wheel, and loads more that i havent yet learnt.

oops, i just saw the minors mods bit.:)

Taken from an E-mail I recieved from Nick.

If it wasent for the fact Ill be soon selling my car I would buy this kit.

Hill Power

Renault Clio 1.2 16v Induction Kit

The induction kit we have designed for the 1.2 16v has been made with cold air induction in mind.

Starting with the filter we use a RAMAIR foam filter and have relocated the induction to the front of the engine bay and housed it inside on of our heat protective shields. These are made with spun aluminium end caps and a heat shield material to keep the filter inside cold (look down the back of your engine and you will see Renault use it for protecting delicate parts from exhaust heat), the colder the air going into your engine the more power it can produce. The housing has an aperture along it’s whole length to allow cold air to be feed to the filter from the front of the car, having an open housing also lets you hear the induction roar, unobtrusive at cruising but joyous on acceleration and with the blanking plate to the side of the radiator removed this allows a feed of cold air from the front of the vehicle to be directed at the filter and housing. Moving towards the engine we use polished aluminium and silicone pipe (available in blue, yellow, red or black) going to the O/E filter replacement plate, which is bolted in place of the original air box. Because of the placement of the filter and housing the induction kit is not suitable for climate control vehicles.

The kit improves initial and part throttle response and adds approx 5 to 8bhp to the peak max power.

Kit part number IND03
Retail price £130.00 plus vat
Fitted retail price £145.00 plus vat

To complement the induction kit.

During development we found that with the induction kit fitted the engine was running leaner above 3000rpm, we addressed this by fitting an Uprated fuel pressure regulator which not only took fuelling to a safer level also gave an added improvement on acceleration and power.

Because of the nature and placement of the unit we would recommend that you take advantage of our fitting service or have a skilled technician fit it for you.

Regulator part number UR03 Retail price fitted £90.00 plus vat

do 500 miles to be safe mate, i picked up my 1.2 16v last week and have already done 1050 so u wont be waiting long lol.

it looks like i will be getting one of their IKs me thinks! it was either that or the Viper!

I was gonna say, K & N or a Green, Induction kit? which one any 1 any knowledge of difference between them for clios?

my m8 at uni had a PUG 206 with a green IK it was wicked, but i have been told K & N are better,

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i have an induction kit for sale for the 1.2 16v

look in the for sale section

Mk2 Golf GTI

i rate pipercross higher than k&n, sound meatier. its a b*****d cuz i just ordered my car with air con and none of these relocated kits will fit it. Not sure what to do now as i was really after the induction roar whilst feeding cold air at the same time

grrrr along comes a great idea for an induction kit and they go and slap on the end of it......not for climate control vehicles.!!

I want nice sound and wicked response and not to sweat to death in the summer!!!

Mk2 Golf GTI

how about we design one for us priveleged cool chaps. i was reading somewhere about a guy who removed a pipe from the bottom of the standard airbox and put a cold feed to it, it roared and stayed heat shielded

dont feel bad you got the climate control! i didnt get it and i sweated like hell over summer, some days were unbearable.

but on the up side, i can get a roar to make up for it!, better be a good roar cos im deaf in one ear!! :)

I have already posted about the climate control cars IF ANYONE WNATS TO BRING THEIRS IN FOR A DEVELOPMENT KIT WE WILL SORT OUT A GOOD PRICE.

Thank you clio dynamique for posting the info for me

If any one can load a picture for me drop me an e-mail mailto:nick@hillpower.co.uk">nick@hillpower.co.uk

Mk2 Golf GTI

mailto:lol@maff">lol@maff! Where abouts is hill power based? how long would the development take roughly as i couldnt do without my car for long!

not sure where they are, just know its a long way from me! if i was going to have anything done by them then id have lots of work done all at the same time! save on journeys then!:)

what else does hill power do for the 1.2 16v?

ND Hill m8, how long would it take for this developement time? coz ive got a 1.2 16v with climate control & am shopping around for a IK atm, was looking at the viper....

& how much would u actually charge for the IK?

what can be done in the way of head work? i read something on rsc forum that the 1.4 16v head or 1.6 16v head can be put on, which sees some improvement, i think they said the bottom end as well? think ill go back and read it again!

it could be good fun to f*rt around with the 1.2, but probably see better results by starting with a bigger engine.