ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v fast road cam?

Clio 200
Hi, was wondering if anyone knows were I could get a fast road camshaft for a 1.2 16v, i know the gains wouldnt be huge at all but any ideas?

BG 182 FF
Dont think there is one. But even if there was I would just save your money.
Imo maybe just buy a induction kit, if you haven't already as you will get a better noise.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I dono where you can get one, but i dont understand why people tell him to not bother. Hes obviously thought about it, and if he wants to do it, let him.

ITB'd MK1
nothing listed for the D4F that i've seen. you can get cams for most other renault engines, even the 1.2 8v (D7F) is catered for quite well

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
wouldnt bother comments really piss me off and the save for a 1*2 pisses me off to.

If you can find one mate do it

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
you can have yours re profiled, easy to change, belt is easy, something mild will still give gains without a map but ideally you want a custom map on it which is going to end up making it not worth while from a financial point of view

alien green rs133
ignore those who say i wouldnt bother

i went for a boddied 1600 much to discust of 99% of people on here.

need less to say if its possible and you wanna do it, do it.

if your like me you will only do it once though

ITB'd MK1
i'd say do it, but I dont think you'll find anything available. I've had a search of all the cam manufacturers i can think of and there's nothing off the shelf. Worth giving Autosprint a call, they do some excellent re-grinds, but again i doubt they have anything already designed, and they'd need a head at least to do the 1st one

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
its one of they things if you can do it yourself then go for it or atleast have it fitted cheap for the following reasons...

1. you only have 1 cam not 2
2. reprofiled cams cost a fraction of the cost of aftermarket cams
3. the belts are a piece of piss to do on 1.2 16v's
4. it will give gains!

B

Bucko

Wouldn't bother mate. Save for a 1*2...

Seriously though, majority opinions are often a majority for a reason.

recaro'd 172 rep
its one of they things if you can do it yourself then go for it or atleast have it fitted cheap for the following reasons...

1. you only have 1 cam not 2
2. reprofiled cams cost a fraction of the cost of aftermarket cams
3. the belts are a piece of p**s to do on 1.2 16v's
4. it will give gains!

how would you go about doing it yourself

Clio 200
Ye reprofiling sounds like a plan because iv looked all over and cant find any companys that do one, Plans are if i do get it reprofiled and the company needs the head then i may aswell get it port and polished while its off, and a remap from k-tech :D

I dono where you can get one, but i dont understand why people tell him to not bother. Hes obviously thought about it, and if he wants to do it, let him.

Agree 100%, especially the "buy a 1*2" comments, maybe he doesn't want one?
I know I sure as hell don't! (got my reasons)

nothing listed for the D4F that i've seen. you can get cams for most other renault engines, even the 1.2 8v (D7F) is catered for quite well

Companies that do? :)

Clio 200 Cup
If you really want to do this then give Kent Cams a ring (google them) They reprofiled a new camshaft out of an obscure Talbot Samba engine for me, cost about £120.

182, 6r GTi
someone please enlighten me how does re profiling cams work? i thought uprated cams had lager lobes witch held the valves open longer ?

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye

:clap:

if none are available off the shelf you could get yours reground for about £200

phase 2 172
If you really want to do this then give Kent Cams a ring (google them) They reprofiled a new camshaft out of an obscure Talbot Samba engine for me, cost about £120.
Is this fella still on? Like to see pics of the samba. Nice to see your still dedicated loocas. Did you ever cam the 1200?

Clio 200
No never did it, like said gains would only have been minimal, yea the clios are a bad addiction unfortunately! haha