ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v oil filter

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
went in to get an oil filter to do an oil change especially after yesterdays hard driving at the stirling meet and the filter i got instead of being a cylidner can was just a paper like filter, like a mini cylinder airfilter, does this sound right for the 1.2 16v engine? 02 plate btw

cheers

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
oilfiltergi7.jpg

ST
Its an oil filter....but not for a clio mate...

Just go to renault n get one from them IIRC the filter and sump plug washer is about £6 in total.

Al.

Monaco Blue Mk2
What the fluck! lol.
As said best just going to Renault for a filter and washer, just give them your reg and they'll sort you out, about 6 quid as mentioned.
If you don't change the 10p washer it'll leak.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
cheers man, no problem got it for free because i went in for a filter and bought a £400 amp so he gave me the filter for free LOL into renault it is!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i know lol he asked for my reg etc and put it all into the computer so just assumed it was right untill my mate said it didnt look right for my car lol

CB600FS
Some 1.2 16V's have that oil filter though....

Stick your hand down the back of the engine (O/S) and its going upwards, should be able to feel if its a metal one or plastic outer - in which case it is the paper element.

Or even easier take the wheel off, see it straight ahead of you

Lionel Richie
no thats correct, it sits inside a plastic hosing under the drivers side front wheel arch (same as mine)

there are 3 different filters available for that engine

Lionel Richie
its thanks to the 20year old design of the engine (originally from the twingo) D7F

its the only engine in the renault range to have such a MASSIVE (over 100 pages) fault finding section in the dearlership handbook

FredYozzasport said:
its thanks to the 20year old design of the engine (originally from the twingo) D7F

its the only engine in the renault range to have such a MASSIVE (over 100 pages) fault finding section in the dearlership handbook
Its built to a cost not a spec what do you expect get a diesel.

FredYozzasport said:
ha, i'll leave the diseasel's to you!

(i'm buying a 106 oil burner btw;))
Seen the light have we?
Will we be seeing the Yozzasport tunning kits soon I cannot wait for the PF97 reviews.