ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v owners

Would you say you got an unusual amount of torque steer? My car always seems to writhe around under acceleration..and has had a replacement driveshaft already. Im wondering if because they didnt replace both, the unequal wear has caused the other to break too? Bit worried as i have trackday coming up..power to one wheel wouldnt be very useful :D

-Rob

Torque steer in a 1.2 16v? Maybe they accidentally put a 2.0 in at the factory ;)

I find that any writhing under steering in my car is caused by unequal front tyre pressure.

H22A7 Accord Type R

Nah cant say mine does Rob.......Tis just ur driving style..........new driveshaft indeed lol

Ad

MK2 FRS

Get it checked by renault. There is a plastic casing on the ball joint that when cracks cause what you are descrbing. Seems especilly noticable when you lift of at high speed. My mate had two of these go on his 52plate extreme. I had two 1.216v dynamiques and never suffered from what you are describing.