ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox & Clutch Change on 1.2 16v - Easiest Method?

Hi guys

Bought the mrs a little 57 plate 1.2 16v as her first car, was dirt cheap as needs the box replacing (came with recon box) and obviously going to do the clutch at the same time.

Just wondering what the best method is regarding box removal & replacement? Best dropping the whole subframe or do they come out ok? .. Is there any sort of "how to" available? Lot easier to follow someone who has already done it than wasting time firguring everything out for the first time.

Unfortunatly no access to ramp, just jack, axle stands & engine crane.

Cheers, Jack.

Clio mk2 1.2 petrol
Hi I have just done one on a girlfriends Clio 04 plate had access to a ramp so not too bad needed the box out so took subframe off the bolts were in tight I got one out the 4 out no problem the other 3 I ended up with a spanner on both sides after I had taken out the nut retaining clip that broke .
be tight getting it out the top but If you can would give it a go

Cheers for the info, all really helpful.

Got round to starting it today, subframe came off ok, most stuff off now but struggling with the clutch connector where it goes into the box, one with 2 retaining pins.. How do you remove this? I thought pulling up the one closest to box it would pop out but seems solid?

Cheers