ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v Renault Clio Dynamique

At the moment i drive a Ford Ka and im fed up of it, i want another car and i've been looking into the Dynamiques!

Do you think i would be happy with the clio? or am i better off sticking it out with the Ka for another year or something and getting another car?

Cheers

Btw, i've only just turned 18... so any other car has to be low on insurance preferably group 4 or less

Happy? It depends what you want from it. If you're fussy, the car will piss you off. If you don't mind rattles/small problems then it'll put a smile on your face every day.

Things that'll piss you off more than put you into the red.... coil packs etc. Only cost about £15 from a scrappies but when they go it's bleedin' annoying! They rattle like mad too, doorcards/sunroof etc.

Of course, if you test drive one and there's no problems then all is well!

1 Series Coupe
My sister has got a KA, it's not a bad car reallly.... BUT.. i don't like it...

I loved my 1.2 Dynamique though!!

120d M Sport
As Jamie said they are rattly etc but great fun.

Little things about mine do my head if I let them, but it looks great, is cheap to run and great to drive

i just mainly hate the look of the ka, im not bothered about big engines and all that i just want a car that can obviously keep up with traffic and will move on the motorway when i need to!

yeah i was considering a saxo aswell, two of my friends have one and they are having a good time doing subtle mods to it, looks fun but they are pretty boy racerish which isnt what im going for at all haha,

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
My old Saxo (1.4 Westcoast)

DSC01529.jpg

DSC01531.jpg

;)

That is REAL nice!, i heard saxo's are pretty dodgy to buy though because the chances of it being driven badly? just gotta be careful and give it a good look when you buy one i guess.

BMW 323i Coupe
I'd choose the 1.2 Dynamique over the Saxo. It's a lovely car, cheap to run, and feels nippy off the line. You would probably be looking at paying more on insurance, but only because KA's are cheap to insure.

if i were you, from experience i would save up for another year and get a better car then, i reckon you could get bored of the lack of power from the clio

also they can be a major money pit