ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v won't start

Arctic 182FF
The car had been sat on the drive for a couple of months, waiting to sell. I went to start it up to take it for an MOT and it wouldn't start. I assumed the battery had lost its charge or just gone so I replaced it with a new one. Trialled starting it up and it started fine.
A few days later I went to start it up again and it wouldn't start. Tried jumping it to no avail. Earth lead was a bit loose so I replaced that and still no luck. Got someone out to have a look at it and he did some tests and said he thought it was the starter motor, so he replaced that but still not having any luck.
He now thinks it may be something to do with wiring. Has anyone had anything similar before?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated at this stage.
Thanks

182 ff
check the brown relays and clean them..if its been outside water might of got in.. check iif they are green