ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v

so are they DOHC or SOHC because have been told its SOHC but always thought all 16vs were DOHC anybody got pics of the timingbelt fitted?

BMW M135i
Nope there a SOHC engine to keep costs down, they use rockers so one cam lobe operates two valves. I'll see if I can get a pic off dialogys hold on.

Last edited:
  BMW M135i
Not the best pic but you can see what I mean.

Attachments

• Dialogys.jpg
    Dialogys.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 49
  LY 182
cambelt is exactly the same setup as the 1.2 8v, peice of piss job just one cam pully and a waterpump to deal with
dont like doing waterpumps on them though dont like fitting anything that has to seal without a gasket :lolup:

CB600FS
cambelt is exactly the same setup as the 1.2 8v, peice of piss job just one cam pully and a waterpump to deal with
dont like doing waterpumps on them though dont like fitting anything that has to seal without a gasket :lolup:

You can use sealant though, they're okay as long as you clean the mating faces well enough.