ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 Authentique over 16v

Authentique 1.2
I've got a 1.2 Authentique, however I was thinking of selling it to buy a 51 plate 16v 1.2 (something a bit newer)

However is there much difference in performance?

Thanks in advance

Lots of Alfas
A little bit. You will find you dont need a big run up on steep hills so much. tbh if you want to feel any difference and want to spend a bit more try searching for a 1.4 16v or a dci80.

A3 Tdi
tbh my 1.2 16v is nothing to rave about performance wise. i think your better off buying the dci or a 1.4 1.6
the 16v does have a nicer interior and several smaller toutches over the authentique

320d
How much newer can a 51 plate ph2 be? only 1 year max.

If i was you I would 100% change it for a dci 80, lots of torque and a genuine 55-60mpg.

I regret not getting one tbh should have waited for a decent one and got it. I'm no diesel fan by any stretch of the imagination however anything less than a 1.6 16v in a hatchback and you would be far better off with a diesel as much as it pains me to admit.

alien green rs133
How much newer can a 51 plate ph2 be? only 1 year max.

If i was you I would 100% change it for a dci 80, lots of torque and a genuine 55-60mpg.

I regret not getting one tbh should have waited for a decent one and got it. I'm no diesel fan by any stretch of the imagination however anything less than a 1.6 16v in a hatchback and you would be far better off with a diesel as much as it pains me to admit.

at least you havent got the 60bhp clio

the 1.2 8v sucks

no power
fuel consumption is rubbish

i cant think of a pro

its just crap,

ohh i suppose the electronic steering rack is good for town driving but its not just the base model that have that either is it

hutchie

Clio 182
Ah right, how much can you pick up a dci 80 for roughly?

I got my 03 plate dci 80 with only 20k miles on the clock for £4500. Spanking fresh condition. You can pick up them for cheaper than that though. 3k+

Then re-map it ;)

The torque makes it so fun to drive

Authentique 1.2
Umm, havnt thought about a diesel before.

Not sure what to do, look for a 1.4, keep my 1.2 and modify it or get a dci 80.

Choices!

Also what litre is that? Would the insurance rape me for something like that?

Golf TDI
i used to have a 1.2 16v and my mate had and still does have a 1.2 8 v and tbh i could always overtake him with ease . dont forget mine was stripped an awful lot but even if it wasnt im sure it still would have been the same story . i drove my mates punto 1.2 8v the other day !! completely gutless , it just has nothing to give at all

Clio 182
The dci 80 is insurance group 4 i think so it's not too high at all. It's a 1.5 turbo. Tax is £35 for the year! due to emissions

Authentique 1.2
Yeah granted, but i've had mine nearly a year and I want something faster, keep for a while.

Authentique 1.2
Right, on another note..

Whats the std rim sizes on a clio?

Does anyone know good places to look for nice rims?