ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1*2 Brake fluid reservoir - removal

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Is it just a pull off job? the one on mine is very tired and i'd like to replace it with a new one. Obviously i'll need to bleed the braking system fully afterwards.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Aye a bit but theres a reason why - the tank doesnt leak but its took a battering a few years ago when an MOT tester left an inspection lamp on manifold and its covered in melted plastic that I cant pick off

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Check my thread.

It’s a proper c**t to do the master cylinder, not as bad to do the reservoir but mine didn’t go back in that clean even after rinsing it out with petrol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Check my thread.

It’s a proper c**t to do the master cylinder, not as bad to do the reservoir but mine didn’t go back in that clean even after rinsing it out with petrol

Im not too bothered about it being absolutely spotless and new looking just as long as its not covered in melted plastic and not so ropey looking. Just a drain and pry it off the MC job I'm thinking, then refit the new one, fill and bleed up.

Clean what you see in place tbf, brake fluid is a mess and f***s up your skin if your not covered. You might have problems bleeding it after but might not if there was plenty in the mc. Ive taken mine off a lot recently doing custom brake line stuff and safe to say you dont want to go through the effort just to clean it!

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Did it this evening, hardest part was removing the tank from the top of the master cylinder as there’s really not enough room from above. I did it through the arch after peeling back the arch liner, pry it off with a mini pry bar/big screw driver then use the same to push it back into the seals, being careful not to lose any when taking the tank off. Filled up and bled job done

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Clean what you see in place tbf, brake fluid is a mess and f***s up your skin if your not covered. You might have problems bleeding it after but might not if there was plenty in the mc. Ive taken mine off a lot recently doing custom brake line stuff and safe to say you dont want to go through the effort just to clean it!

I use gloves but also generously apply a good barrier cream first too better safe than sorry

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member

I use gloves but also generously apply a good barrier cream first too better safe than sorry

I’m not one for wearing gloves and when I replaced my MC I never noticed any irritation or anything. Think my hands are used to being covered in s**t[emoji23]

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
@dCi_rep

I got rashes last time I did it and and these blister type things just poped up out of no where and stung like hell, thought I was gonna die [emoji16]

Jesus!!

I’ve had diesel, grease, brake fluid anything you can think of all over my hands and arms and not had any issues[emoji23] I’ve started to wear nitrile gloves now anyway just because I can’t be arsed scrubbing my fingernails[emoji23][emoji23]