ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 clio 16v Progress Thread.

Megane GT
I was thinking, what if you colour coded your side strips with your bonnet? Im no expert on mk2 clios, but could you perhaps get some off a 172/182 and spray them? Might make the bonnet look a bit more like its supposed to be there . . . Just an idea. And then with the RS grill Im sure itll look even better :)

Maybe look at a carbon fibre texture sticker for the bonnet, would make it look more "intended" if that makes sense.
Lower it 40mm, if you can do it on coileys, as your ride will be better (but this is personal preference really), and then look at a reduced sized sunstrip, that one looks a bit big IMO; but there are nice reduced ones out there if your adamant about having one.

The look you're going for could work, but it might be hard to find a "balance", but all the best to you mate and good on ya' for sticking to your guns! :)

1.2 16v Dynamique
Maybe look at a carbon fibre texture sticker for the bonnet, would make it look more "intended" if that makes sense.
Lower it 40mm, if you can do it on coileys, as your ride will be better (but this is personal preference really), and then look at a reduced sized sunstrip, that one looks a bit big IMO; but there are nice reduced ones out there if your adamant about having one.

The look you're going for could work, but it might be hard to find a "balance", but all the best to you mate and good on ya' for sticking to your guns! :)

yes mate like the idea about wrapping my bonnet my 16v bullets and front badge are both wrapped so it would go, its just doing it, is it easy?

1.2 16v Dynamique
Next on my list is:

-172 Rear Bumper
-Fit my Powerflow Backbox
-RS Grille
-Lower 60mm
-Renault Sport seats
-Plain black sunstrip

Let me know what you guys think.....

Last edited:
  1.2 16v Dynamique
IMG_04961.jpg

Carbon Wrapped Front Badge & Bullets

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Sorry but threads like this do my tits right in. OP, why get all pissy and antsy about what people are saying about your car so you just feel the need to reply getting all offended about it? Surely to christ you posted this thread originally to show people what you've done and to guage opinions and feedback, otherwise you'd have not bothered making this thread in the first place?

Either take the criticisms on board and act upon them, or just ignore them. There's no need to get all defensive when it was you who posted this thread in the first place so that people could say what they thought about it.

Vectra
not keen on either of them..

why not save for decent rims and then coilovers?

instead of wasting money on cheap tacky mods

1.2 16v Dynamique
okay mate well what rims would u recommend? i dont want to spend too much and go over the top, £200 at the most

Clio Campus
Its so hard to take abuse from something u care about esp first car but as u said f the haters doing good job keep updated and dont always follow the croud think u do e good job sprayin wheels will be keeping an eye out to see how u get on in future

Vectra
if you be patient and keep hunting round ebay/gumtree you can pick up some decent rims with decent tyres too for around £200-£250

TT QS
Nice wheels, lowered it'll look good. Not keen on the bonnet but that's me. Look forward to what you do :)

1.2 16v Dynamique
did you do them youself mate was it hard 2 do and how do u take the badge off the front ?

Yh mate did it myself, and the front badge is just held on with 3 clips just give it a pull and it will come off but be carefull not to snap one of the clips like my mate did on mine -.-

1.2 16v Dynamique
Its so hard to take abuse from something u care about esp first car but as u said f the haters doing good job keep updated and dont always follow the croud think u do e good job sprayin wheels will be keeping an eye out to see how u get on in future

Cheers pal

1.2 16v Dynamique
Nice wheels, lowered it'll look good. Not keen on the bonnet but that's me. Look forward to what you do :)

Haha cheers mate yh iv got my 60mm springs just need fitting.. Not alot of people seem to like the bonnet haha but ahh well i do lol think im gonna get it carbon wraped eventually

Vectra
Id go with the Pro Race's and imo that colour would look awful with your car id stick with Black wheels

get yourself lowered (coilovers) + Pro Race 1.2s (Black) then will look spot on!

thought about what your going to do with bonnet?

1.2 16v Dynamique
Id go with the Pro Race's and imo that colour would look awful with your car id stick with Black wheels

get yourself lowered (coilovers) + Pro Race 1.2s (Black) then will look spot on!

thought about what your going to do with bonnet?

iv already brought some 60mm springs just need to get them fitted.. cant really afford coilovers on minimum wage LOL and will look for some pro race 1.2s and tbh think im going to carbon wrap it eventually

Vectra
carbon wrap will look much better , and just keep hunting round ebay for coilovers you never know might get lucky lol

where you from pal?

Clio Campus
Yeah do bonnet i love mine u do get haters but can't breathe without someone telling u doing it wrong
I got my wrap from carbonmods cost 80quid but get loads left over plenty to play with I done xbox in carbon aswell

Only 3m so can take it off but can laquer it so scratches on laquer and looks real but can't take off can but.hard.need any help just mail me mate

1.2 16v Dynamique
Yeah do bonnet i love mine u do get haters but can't breathe without someone telling u doing it wrong
I got my wrap from carbonmods cost 80quid but get loads left over plenty to play with I done xbox in carbon aswell

Only 3m so can take it off but can laquer it so scratches on laquer and looks real but can't take off can but.hard.need any help just mail me mate

tell me about it mate can do nothing without someone going " you should look at my car and get some tips" erm no? i dont want your car.. haha ye did you wrap your bonnet yourself? was it hard?

Clio Campus
Loll yeah
Um it was first bonnet i had wrapped but easier than focus but is alright took awhile getting it perfect 2hours no bubbles what so
Ever and does help to have a friend to help to hold it

1.2 16v Dynamique
yeh yeh looks soooo nice mate im deffo going to get it done, iv had a bit of practice wraping small things and putting sunstrips on so do you recon it will be straight foward enough?