ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 Clio mini-project (newbie)

Monaco
this is in danger of being spammy as i have already posted some of the pics from this shoot in the media section - but here's some slightly different ones for this thread:

DSCF1323.jpg

DSCF1316.jpg

DSCF1327.jpg

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice color :p

Why did you not get the door handles done and why have you not got the foglights in ?

Tbh, get them 2 things done above and lower it and i think it will look spot on"""

W

Willy

Heya jackfm. Havent seen this thread for sometime now but your car has really improved, looks awesome :) just need to do the little bits now like RS grille and silvervisions and of course lowered :) really subtle and clean. top work bud :)

Monaco
Nice color :p

Why did you not get the door handles done and why have you not got the foglights in ?

Tbh, get them 2 things done above and lower it and i think it will look spot on"""

Alot of people have mentioned the fog lights. First thing is my s**tty 3rd hand bumper came with only one mount. Because it was a post facelift bumper i thought it might be quite a hassle finding a single foglight mount. At this point I just signed off the idea of getting em. I've tastefully grilled over them and pointed my induction cold air feed behind the driver side fog hole so you can see it. It looks alright so i have no intention of getting fogs.

As for the handles. I'm gonna get a bit anal here but I'm studying Design at uni just now. I've had a few lectures on colour theory and basically yes the handles look better colour coded but that would leave only the bullets and wing mirror mounts black on a side view (and i'm painting my bullets anthricite in the near future). Due to the huge quantity of black visable from the front of the car (wipers, grills upper and lower and now my fog holes), and the serious lack now visible from the back (inside diamond, wiper arm and mount) colour coding the handles would have left the car looking seriously unbalanced (IMO and according to colour theory). Sorry I'm done now :D

Heya jackfm. Havent seen this thread for sometime now but your car has really improved, looks awesome :) just need to do the little bits now like RS grille and silvervisions and of course lowered :) really subtle and clean. top work bud :)

RS grill has arrived :approve:. Anyone got a good link to some silver visions? and as i've said before and I'll say it again: It really needs lowered.

Niceone buddy, looks spot on now.

I like :star:

Cheers for the comments

Last edited:
  Monaco
Forgot to mention this when it happened but 2 weeks after everything got sprayed killer bird poo arrived, on the spoiler to be precise. Happened whilst i was on a 4hr shift at work so i recon was on there 3 hours tops. Anway they bird must have been eating chips washed down with paint thinner because it f**ked the paint under it.

DSC00609.jpg

New (extremely subtle) placement of cliosport.net sticker
DSC00610.jpg

Excuse the phone pics but i was in a wife-beater so needed to be swift.

Also plans changed slightly so I'll let you know what i know.

Offset of my mk3 wheels is drastically out (ET21!) and due to a few shifts in the rear bumper (and a few broken clips) they now rub at the back occasionally. I'm not a huge fan of them anyway so it's either spacers or more likely some wheels (Turini reps are my fave).

No plan to lower anymore because I'm in the market for a DCi100. Got myself a quote and per year mods declared its now only £100 more than my 1.2:star::star::star:.

When i get it i will be swapping the seats, door handles, wheels (if i get new ones), speakers. As for the body it's probably going the whole hog Sport bumpers, wings, skirts and (hopefully) trophy spoiler and of course the usual colour coding. DCi 100's are quite common in odessey blue so might be able to swap side strips straight away. Lowered, stealth exhaust...sex.
Anyway i can't wait to have 150lbft of torque and 100hp and still be getting 52mpg urban.

And before i get abuse; I got quotes for a ph1 and ph2 172 before i even looked at dci's and basically it's tripple what i'm paying just now - no mods declared.

So any wheels or DCi 100's for sale please let me know.

Last edited:
  Monaco
Ok so big progress.

Car needed a clean because it looked like this:
DSC00573.jpg

Then it looked like this (notice the terrible stance - mentioned before in this thread):
DSCF1545.jpg

Forgot I had an RS grill sitting in my garage so me and my mate fitted that (he decided to go in for a better look. He got his hair caught. I laughed):
DSC00723.jpg

Plenty of space in that there engine bay!

My dad and I decided to re-align the passenger seat as it was not sliding back very smoothly. Whilst we did this we re-painted the runners black as they were a little rusty. This makes a huge difference so getting people in and out the back is less hassle:
DSC00715.jpg

Putting the old expression seat in shows just how much of an upgrade that job was.

Next, the Postman brought me a little treat:
DSC00718.jpg

Thats 4x25mm Delta Mic spacers to correct my aweful offset problem.

Then, the Courier-man brought me this little treat:
DSC00724.jpg

Eibach Sportlines. What a difference these make asthetically and handling wise. Especially when we realised one of my rear springs had actually snapped.
A few hick-ups whilst fitting but went on in the end (cheers 'Darren C').

I also bought some wind-deflecters, fitted a black diamond and some new stickers (i tryed to be a bit original with the placement of my stickers).

The - car in my eyes - is pretty much finished. Only a few touch-ups left to do (paintwork a little scruffy in places). I also tarted up the engine bay but i'll get pics of that when i have a tri-pod. But the only thing that could really sway me to do one more mod would be a cup/trophey spoiler (as mine could do with a respray anyway)

I deviated from buying a new car as i could only get slightly-better things and really I want something a bit more special. When i finish uni I should be in the position of being able to do this. That means this cars has a good two years left to serve me. It is reliable, pokey enough, alot of fun, cheap insurance (even considering my age) and for an 8yr, bottom spec car, it looks bloody good.

Anyways, see what you think:

DSCF1578.jpg

DSCF1579.jpg

DSCF1587.jpg

DSCF1589.jpg

DSCF1582.jpg

I appologise for the terrible light in these photos.

C&C is more than welcome...

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Coming along great mate :D Have you thought about front fog lights?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Very nice this mate, one question, how did you go about "Re-aligning" your passenger seat? As since fitting my sport interior, my drivers one doesnt like sliding back and forth! Makes me rage!

3 Series touring
^^same problem with passenger seat for me!!

its a stupid seat that though!

looks really nice mate! colour coding looks really good!

Monaco
^^same problem with passenger seat for me!!

its a stupid seat that though!

looks really nice mate! colour coding looks really good!

cheers. Yeh the passenger works fine now but the driver is still bloody hard work to fold forward. ohh well, means i never have to let people in or out.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Really nice mate! Done a lot

Cant say I have seen you about but if I do I will flash :p

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Huge improvement with the spacers and lowering. Looks like a tasty motor!

Monaco
Quick update.

Have done some purchacing! new bulbs, number plates, headunit, and potentially some tastey new wheels to come. (just bulbs fitted so far - the rest are crimbo pressies)

Some recent shots:

DSCF6192tweek.jpg

DSCF6160teweek.jpg

Oh and this :rasp:

DSC00214.jpg

Monaco
Ok little update, Last modification was september, so 6 months later its time for a refresh:

Rokkor Coilovers ordered,
Espace splitter located,
Super retro Renault wheels purchased =]

Not going to say which ones they are due to potential abuse, but they are 22 years old, euro(ish) looking and 15."

In the process of designing some new humerous stickers to put on when its dragging it's arse and scraping it's splitter.

I also got new number plates and a better sound system for christmas which I havn't bothered to post anything about yet, but that will come with these updates when fitted.

Anyone care to have a guess at the wheels ? :rasp:

LY R26
where in dundee you from mate? is the dudhope coachworks still open i will need stuff sprayed soon haha! once ive settled some things i have in the pipework, car looks mint mate, what do you make of the coilies mate? i love mine haha, going to take the adjusters out the rear though!

Monaco
Coilovers!

Arrived yesterday so fitted them immediately.

Feel and look amazing!

Crap pictures (phone) but I'll let them speak for themselves...

DSC00466-Copy.jpg

DSC00469.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

DSC00468-Copy.jpg

My new wheels are currently being sprayed.

C&C welcome as always.

Coilovers!

Arrived yesterday so fitted them immediately.

Feel and look amazing!

Crap pictures (phone) but I'll let them speak for themselves...

DSC00466-Copy.jpg

DSC00469.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

DSC00468-Copy.jpg

My new wheels are currently being sprayed.

C&C welcome as always.

Looks great mate! The none sports really do look nice when slammed. Like the "low and slow" sticker too :D