ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 Clio Project Progress

Renault Clio 1.2
Hey Guys, I'm quite new to the forums and have finally got some things done to my car, I purchased my car about 10months ago now for a bargain and it has only done 20k miles and was in great condition, here is a photo:

IMG_0344.jpg

Since then I have colour coded the front bumper and I am really pleased with the result, photo:

7b665f8b.jpg

I then hit the back of my car and purchased a rear bumper and some side bullets:

4ccaf1d9.jpg

i colour coded and fitted them yesterday:

9c783984.jpg

4f831f1e.jpg

Today i purchased some 17" Monza R wheels :)

3f9d7ce6.jpg

Thats my progress so far, sorry if it is abit photo heavy, some plans i have for the future are fit a K-tec exhaust, paint my calipers yellow, new lexus lights, RS Grill and lower the car around 30mm, thanks for reading, p.s please leave some feedback on how else to improve my car :)

Nice base to start with, really clean :) Like the colour coding and the rear bumper looks nice. However, not keen on the wheels at all, anything bigger than 16" makes a clio look like a Monster truck ! Please dont get lexus lights either, i think alot of other members will agree with me but they just look cheap and extremly tacky. Some silvervision indicator bulbs and Aero wipers would suit it nicely i think ;) Also for the lowering springs get some Eibach prolines or sportlines, best qaulity IMO, sorry for being harsh but its just my opinion :) Wayne.

Last edited:
  Renault Clio 1.2
Thanks :) I got those wheels almost new from my cousin for really cheap so I'm not complaining, fair enough about the lexus lights, any idea on some new lights? and yeah ive ordered a aero wiper, thanks :) and i'll look into the springs, cheers for help :) Ash

Renault clio 1.2
Nice base to start with, really clean :) Like the colour coding and the rear bumper looks nice. However, not keen on the wheels at all, anything bigger than 16" makes a clio look like a Monster truck ! Please dont get lexus lights either, i think alot of other members will agree with me but they just look cheap and extremly tacky. Some silvervision indicator bulbs and Aero wipers would suit it nicely i think ;) Also for the lowering springs get some Eibach prolines or sportlines, best qaulity IMO, sorry for being harsh but its just my opinion :) Wayne.

I agree on the lexus lights, Horrible things IMO,
Ps, how much did it cost to colour code the black strips? need to do mine!

Renault Clio 1.2
I agree on the lexus lights, Horrible things IMO,
Ps, how much did it cost to colour code the black strips? need to do mine!

i bought some silver ones off ebay for £30 because i wasn't keen to primer the black ones because the finish wouldn't be as clean since i did it myself. If your looking to get it done in a garage try and primer and prepare them as much as you can to keep the cost down, i recon about £50 max, dont quote me though :)

Thanks :) I got those wheels almost new from my cousin for really cheap so I'm not complaining, fair enough about the lexus lights, any idea on some new lights? and yeah ive ordered a aero wiper, thanks :) and i'll look into the springs, cheers for help :) Ash

Theres no other rear lights that suit the clio tbh, you could get some front Xenon headlights from the 172/182, there usually around £150-£250 , plug straight in and look alot better :) If you look in the for sale section im sure there will be a few sets for sale. The ktec 182 exhaust would go nicely on your car aswell.

Renault Clio 1.2
Theres no other rear lights that suit the clio tbh, you could get some front Xenon headlights from the 172/182, there usually around £150-£250 , plug straight in and look alot better :) If you look in the for sale section im sure there will be a few sets for sale. The ktec 182 exhaust would go nicely on your car aswell.

Ah okay i'll leave the rear lights then and the xenon's seem tempting :p will check the sale section now!! yeah I'm going to look into purchasing one of them soon, is there much sound with the Ktec?

Liking it so far, Wayne-G has already said what i was going to, PLEASE DO NOT get Lexus lights, maybe try applying a light tint to your backs to make them more subtle?.

This is what i done and liked the results, carbon fiber wrapped all of my diamonds (Most people disagree but i love it :rasp:). So that including the steering wheel diamond, center caps on my wheels (standard 15" alloys). The back and front diamonds were also done, along with some plastics inside.

Im guessing by the back bumper you want a rep? in that case get the 172/182 RS grill.

Lowering springs are a waste of time in my opinion, i have them on mine at the moment and i regret it, go coil overs. They may cost a little more but they look a hell of a lot better and having the opportunity to heighten/lower your car at your own will ;).

Calipers would look good in yellow, remember to get heat resistant paint :p.

Hope this helped, Josh

Renault Clio 1.2
Liking it so far, Wayne-G has already said what i was going to, PLEASE DO NOT get Lexus lights, maybe try applying a light tint to your backs to make them more subtle?.

This is what i done and liked the results, carbon fiber wrapped all of my diamonds (Most people disagree but i love it :rasp:). So that including the steering wheel diamond, center caps on my wheels (standard 15" alloys). The back and front diamonds were also done, along with some plastics inside.

Im guessing by the back bumper you want a rep? in that case get the 172/182 RS grill.

Lowering springs are a waste of time in my opinion, i have them on mine at the moment and i regret it, go coil overs. They may cost a little more but they look a hell of a lot better and having the opportunity to heighten/lower your car at your own will ;).

Calipers would look good in yellow, remember to get heat resistant paint :p.

Hope this helped, Josh

Nice man but carbon ain't for me :p
Yeah thats right going for a rep, got a grill on the way but taking agesss to deliver :(
i will look into coil overs later on, cheers for the info :D Ash. and i wont forget the heat resistant paint ;)

Or try yellow diamonds with your calipers? same as me on the rep :rasp:. i couldn't take the dive though and get the back bumper... just yet haha.
Good! Dont make the same mistake as me, smoking calipers and flaky paint is annoying! :quiet:

Just a bit more, thought about the 172/182 Interior?, its lovely ;), can pick up a good pair of seats for around £150 and it can be a DIY job!! :eek:

Renault Clio 1.2
Or try yellow diamonds with your calipers? same as me on the rep :rasp:. i couldn't take the dive though and get the back bumper... just yet haha.
Good! Dont make the same mistake as me, smoking calipers and flaky paint is annoying! :quiet:

Just a bit more, thought about the 172/182 Interior?, its lovely ;), can pick up a good pair of seats for around £150 and it can be a DIY job!! :eek:

personally I think I will leave the diamonds, its not for me at all hah!
I think you should take the dive mate!! the rear bumper really transforms the car, check ebay there are some bargains on there recently! :p

I haven't considered the interior yet, will definitely look into it but my focus is the outside at the moment! and the seats might one for the future! thanks :D

personally I think I will leave the diamonds, its not for me at all hah!
I think you should take the dive mate!! the rear bumper really transforms the car, check ebay there are some bargains on there recently! :p

I haven't considered the interior yet, will definitely look into it but my focus is the outside at the moment! and the seats might one for the future! thanks :D

Fresh car though bud keep her clean :approve:. Ill be keeping a eye on this thread, keep it updated ;).

Renault Clio 1.2
Finally got the K-Tec Exhust fitted, Not going to lie it was a pain to fit by myself, its the first proper mod ive done myself and they are slightly off set, i need to reline then when i get time. But here is a video of the sound of the exhaust, im pretty pleased with it :)

th_b110d899.jpg

if your thinking about rear lights you should consider these, here's the progress through from ph1 & ph2 lights:

IMAG0130.jpg

IMAG0143.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

I think they look really good on a phase 2

heres another shot on my car:

IMAG0165.jpg

clio mk 2 5 door
yea was gonna say for the rears the fk lights are easily the best aftermarket ones. very nice indeed

Renault Clio 1.2
Yeah i really like the lights! thanks for posting them :) i might invest when i have the money but the Clio is currently in the garage at the moment because its chugging like mad :(