ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 Extreme Used Price

RS Clio 182

I wish to sell my 52 plate 1.2 16v Extreme with Full Renault Bodykit. 8000 miles to fund buying a cup. Can anyone suggest how much I should be looking from Renault Dealer or Private? Thinking of advertising for £7000? Any ideas?

No havent you see that car programme with the fat dude and the tall dude? Right car wrong car or summat..they get loadsss more than what its worth.

-Rob

Ad

MK2 FRS

Have to disagree. You can usually get more money private. Asa guide I Px my Extreme 52plate, 12k on clock got 6.5K Was offered between 6and 6.5k. Think Id have got 7k private as it was mint, no scrathces, no dents and most importantly according to the salesmen no stains on the seats!!! Px for demo 172 three weeks ago so pretty recent.

Extreme Kennedy Ive been thinking about doing exactly this too... I bought mine as a first car, free and subsequently cheap insurance being a key factor. But now Im a bit bored of it, and my circumstances have changed a bit.

First, my gf now says she would help with having insurance in her name - shes nearly 25, very female, and has 6 years no claims. All she would want in return is the chance to drive it, I believe.

Also, Ive just taken a 6k salary increase.

Naturally, a 172/cup is high on the list.

I took out Renaults own finance for the Clio... what are they like as far as "early" trade-ins are concerned? Presumably if I can pay the difference between the trade-in value of the car, and the outstanding balance, I can start again? Can anyone advise?

Neil

Reading my own post makes me laugh a bit...

For those fellow youngsters who struggle to insure the almighty cup, get an older girlfriend.

Not to mention the cooking, ironing and sex-on-tap as standard.

RS Clio 182

Cheers RobFenn thatd be good. Ill be going to find out next month as my Clio needs some warranty work done.

neil, ive been looking for the cheapest prices online and came across http://www.broker4cars.co.ukwww.broker4cars.co.uk They look the cheapest (cup-£11,557 & 172-£12,965). Was thinkin of taking these prices to my local dealer and seeing if they could match. Just dont know what I should be looking for for a Px.

adtmits, how much did u pay for ure 172 if u dont mind me asking?

Extreme Kennedy how much was the full Renault bodykit, including fitting and spraying? Did it invalidate any of your paint or body warranty?

RS Clio 182

billabong,

Cost me £400 for the kit cos I was given a £100 when I bought the new car. Usually cost £500. Got it painted and fitted by a friend of the family who owns a coachwork repair garage for £100. Did a cracking job and also painted my roof spoiler. Renault quoted me £800 for painting and fitting! lol

Dont think Renault would know if they fitted it or not so dont think it will affect warranty. (I HOPE!)

Ad

MK2 FRS

I paid 11500. Dealer Demo 8mths old uk car, Mint. No hastle with the Px. Its in Mint condition (Now ive made them replace the seat cover). Had 5k on the clock. The lowest the dealer could go on a Cup was 12100. 172s at renault main dealers seem to be a little pricey: I know I could have bought cheaper, but I wanted the Px as the finance would be sort and I want car I new the history of. Some of the Prices and deals I came across are: (Px in barkets)

X reg Yellow 16k miles £10k (6k)

Xreg red 18k miles £10495 (6.4K)

51reg 2002 10k miles £11750 (6.2k)

52 reg Cup 11995 4k (6.2k)

52 rwg 172 red. 5K 12995 (6.4)

I got 11800 £300 addition to PX (so 6800 or £11500 depending on which way you look at it, but vauled at 6500.) with 5k on the clock 2002.

Did some serious searching, am chuffed. Dont intend on swapping it in the next few years and it has the multichanger and alarm that arent standard on 172s anymore.

Hmm, just been in pretty much same situation myself. Had a 2002 extreme, done 8500 miles, delaer was going to give me 6k, thats the best he could do (so he said...), so ended up selling it privately and got £7200!! well chuffed!! Just got a 2002 172, done 15k, flame red, immaculate with factory fitted full screen sat nav...£10500. Bargain i think!! And oh my...can it move!!!!

Ad

MK2 FRS

Its definaltley the best way to go about it is to sell privatley then buy privatley. But with the finance it wasnt possible for me to sell my extreme privatley. You defiantley got a bargain. 10.5k with sat nav is a good price!!!