ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 shed thread....

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
Had the car for 6 months or so now. Im operating on a budget but here is a list of my current mods:

• Ph2 rear lights
  • Colour coded side strips (with really bad halfords paint, being re-done at some point)
  • K&N 57i
  • Lowered on springs 60/40mm (Looking into coilovers)
  • Badges resprayed
  • Side skirts (not fitted yet)

The only other mods im looking into is a remap from k-tec, there only just around the corner and as im thinking of keeping the car a while £200 isnt a bad amount to spend to make the car a little faster.

Comments and random hate welcome...pics to follow...

1.2 16V Dynamique
Good luck with the project :approve: Bet that's really handy to be around the corner to K-tec, can get some free advise :p

I'm guessing you're more into the look of the project rather than the speed as it's a 1.2? What colour clio you got?

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
monaco blue, the guys at ktec said my model is rarer lol! 1.2 ph1 16v? Ive only ever seen one. The alloys are uncommon thats for sure but there generic and not renault badged ones :(

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
Oh and yeah looks are important. lol I wanted a monaco blue spoiler, after my spraying efforts left me realising im crap im going to buy the right colour parts haha

1.2 16V Dynamique
Old pic? I'm guessing it's shed bound for the time being then? Shall be really interesting to see what you can do on a tight budget

1.2 16V Dynamique
Nice. I see what you mean by the wheels too, although not a bad set. You got a style in mind for what you're going for?

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
Not really, It has a backbox on it at the moment which im not really happy with, sounds good though. Only cost me £30 lol!

I want renaultsport seats, saw some a fcs but they were shagged, literally!

When ive cleaned the car ill post some decent pics up. My biggest want is some 15" renault alloys but again price is an issue! Id drive halfway across the country to get some as long as they were a good price!

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
Im literally playing by ear with the car, no idea what im going to do from one day to the next! But im covering myself by keeping or buying replacment standard parts for everythign i change!

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
tried to fit the ph2 rear lights thinking they would fit on straight away.....how wrong i was! Followed the wiring guide i found on here and they still didnt work! ideas anyone? :(

Clio k4j - Clio 200T
if you want tomorrow i can plug out mines and tell you the pinout to check if everything is correct.

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
remap wont give you much mate, just keep the engine running nice

K-tec told me that aswell. Times like these I wish I had a D turbo lol!

LeLouch, There is a wiring diagram on here. Ill have a look at that but if you can check yours id be really grateful! Just a pic of where each wire goes in the connection block! I HATE CAR ELECTRICS!!!

Clio k4j - Clio 200T
I know, but having those as OEM I've never looked at it! Ok, tomorrow morning I'll check for you!
heheh i hate those things too.. nice when they work.. HELL when they don't work

Clio k4j - Clio 200T
:rasp: i was talking about car electrics in general...eheh i like my lights! :D

DCI100
DCI power is the way mate, you see you get alot from them because you can ramp up the boost pressure when remapping..... however you're petrol you likely to not gain anything just a bit better reving maybe...

200 pound to save towards a more powerful car ;)

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
DCI power is the way mate, you see you get alot from them because you can ramp up the boost pressure when remapping..... however you're petrol you likely to not gain anything just a bit better reving maybe...

200 pound to save towards a more powerful car ;)

Logic tells me this but I love my car, got some ppi on the way at some point whenever Natwest get off their backside so that will be put aside for a nicer car! :)

DCI100
whats ppi? and sick mate, if you want an economical car you'll find dci 60 or 80 will be cheaper to run day to day than you're car, 100 is best ;) (i have one) but more expensive to run.

insurance isn't far of either bud! do it!

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
ppi - payment protection insurance, you know been all over the tv for like 2 years lol! They owe me some money (probably) #. Anyway i suppose that means 100bhp? :)

ph1 clio 1.2
Think the wheels only came on this specific model! Cant seem to find them anywhere!
i know is your a 1.2 sport? ha..,i saw a set on ebay before they went for 130 too so not as cheap as i thought, mines black check out my thread, i hate the wheels though want some turbines or split rims,

Clio k4j - Clio 200T
Hi mate, checked the guide with my clusters.. same wiring as explained! which problem you have? they dont' work at all or only halfway ?

Rs200
dci's are strangely nice, im not a huge fan of diesel but them dci's are growing on me, cant remeber whos it was but there was a euro look dci van on here with porsche wheels looked maddd

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
I nearly sprayed my wheels white today lol. Decided against it and bought some ripspeed alloys off a maitre with new tyres for 60 quid. Don't know of I'll fit them as I really want Renault wheels... Hmmmmmm

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
I dont have a massive budget, about £150 for wheels. So basically im keeping my eyes open for any renault wheels I can find! :)