ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 TCE IN MK2

1.2 daily +172 ph1
HI

i have a clio dynamique 1.2 16v D4F engine

as i understand correct me if im wrong but the TCE D4FT Engine is the same as the D4F just strengthened internally to cope with the turbo I know most of you will be like wats the point put a clio sport in it but at the end of the day most dont understand the insurance price on one and i wanted to be different.

my question are really wat problems am i going to come across doing this i have around £1500 for the lot ?

cc.jpg

1.2 daily +172 ph1
is that turbod ? the only reason im going ahead with this is because i know the wright exhaust system filter + remap and can be hitting 130ps around and to me that just around wat i want..

1.2 daily +172 ph1
price is out of the equation on this this is wa im aiming for and im guna stick with it we all buy spend alot of money on are cars and tbf for the 2 years ive own this car i think it will be well worth it not for the gain in power but just for wat it could acheive

This was discussed before.
If I recall, if you can get the whole engine with turbo, you can do it yourself cheaply.

Otherwise, it's not worth it, and the standard engine can't take the extra power if you just slap the turbo on.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Just buy a 1.4, the only reason they made the 1.2TCE was to replace the 1.4 engine iirc.

1.2 daily +172 ph1
listen noooo 1.4 i want the tce i noo of a though place with right off mk3 get my best price and do it i just need to know weather loom will be the same exg engine mounts which i pursume being the sme engine would be the sme but i dont know...

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Basically your doing it for the turbo... i see no point personally.

If ur engine is fubared then fair enough but if its not its a whole lot of trouble for little gain..

1.2 daily +172 ph1
yes the point is for the turbo but ill only gain a little anything to everyone but to me thats what i want to know is what troubles i am going to come across realy will i have loom problems exg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
good idea id stick the turbo and manifold on your current engine assuming it fits and go about it that way rather than swaping engines, i bet the n/a engine would be fine!

Why not sell your current 1.2, buy a ph1 172 and put the £1500 towards insurance? cant be much more than your current insurance price + £1500. No doubt you can pick up a ph1 172 cheaper than what you sell your 1.2 for.

1.2 daily +172 ph1
Nope im going to price up everything that im going to need through this..

and to me im not looking for 172 power and try my on insurance wouldnt touch me on one even if it was a phase 1 or not weare as the 1.2 TCE Engine would be easily..

Ive had one price up Engine and loom £295 now ive had my fair share engine conversions on saxo's but never done a clio befor let alone my loom issues im going to have Exg

what are going to be my problems with this fit?

1.2 daily +172 ph1
Yes but I'm with Quinn direct paid of this years insurance and do not insure a 172 to high of an insurance the 1.2 conversion works out to 200 more to the year and I do not want one I want my own project of something different and in futur years Megan f1....

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Christ you're hard to read. lol.

Just wait a bit, then sell for a Ph1 172. Much less hassle and cheaper in the long run.

Just do it, however I want to see nor hear any complaints about a) how hard it is/was. b) How much the insurance is costing you or c) you can't do it because you're bored with it and d) Moaning how much you've spent getting the engine and other assorted parts.

Just do it, however I want to see nor hear any complaints about a) how hard it is/was. b) How much the insurance is costing you or c) you can't do it because you're bored with it and d) Moaning how much you've spent getting the engine and other assorted parts.

What he said. Now get on with it!

1.2 daily +172 ph1
Lol my punctuality my bad I know not used to typing on this iPhone....

ALL I'm asking for is help on This it's not your money is it ?

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
im interested with this aswell, also thinking of doing it, so i say do it ! it would be jokes, while your at it make your car lose some weight, could have the quickest 1.2 clio and it is different plus it would be a funny project till you can afford to run a 2litre

e92 330i
I thought about this once, came to the conclusion it would be like burning my money so I left it there. Fair play if you go ahead with it though! Be easier to save up for a tce, and alot less problems. :)

Octavia VRS LE
at least you will be the only ONE with a ph2 tce.... i am not sure if it has done been before so i think you should go ahead, you always get people who will say its pointless, but its your car at the end of the day, you can never justify spending stupid amounts of money on a 1.2 but if its your pride and joy like my clio then you dont care about how much you spend on it to be different. just keep a project threat to show everyone what your doing and get hints/tips. oh and dont forget the cliosport haters.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
id like to do it for something to do if i had a spare car kicking about!, its a good way to gain yourself over 50hp!! infact if you can do the labour urself its probably one of the most cost effective mods you can do to a clio lol!!!

also lets be honest who declairs engine conversions!!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
id like to do it for something to do if i had a spare car kicking about!, its a good way to gain yourself over 50hp!! infact if you can do the labour urself its probably one of the most cost effective mods you can do to a clio lol!!!

also lets be honest who declairs engine conversions!!

oh dear.

here. quick, take this....

flame_suit.jpg

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
doubt it very much, wiring loom will be a pig of a mess to sort out. then you have to faf about with drive train connections...... the list goes on.

not even going to bother telling you whether or not to do the conversion because to me its pointless. i give up throwing money at my ph2 1.4, saving for a ph2 172 to me seem's more of a cost effective idea.

good luck if you go ahead with this

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
dnt ask! iv forgot alot about cars. i cant remember what they are called but surely they will have to be changed. ( things that take power from the gearbox to the wheels). newer gearbox and engine connecting to old stuff on current car. problematic.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
driveshafts lol

tce probably uses one of the newer style boxes that the dci 100 had, could probably use they shafts if the standard ones didnt fit, either that or use a jb1 1.2 16v box on the tce bottom end if it fits (if it doesnt you could make it with a bit of work)

Listerine & Poledo
if you've got plenty of money to waste, I'm sure it can be done.

But it would be a complete waste, let there be no mistake about it

320d
Isn't a Twingo GT essentially just a MK2 Clio with a TCE engine in it? To be fair I think the TCE would be a cracking engine in the MK2. In the lardy MK3 it doesn't feel much better than the NA 1.2

Although thinking logically buying a ph1 172 would be a much better idea.