ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 TCE Induction and Exhaust

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Hello!

I was here a couple of months ago looking to increase performance for a 1.2 16v; which I was happy with the economy but the performance was ass... Long story short, I opted to get a 1.2 TCE and I am absolutely loving it. It's not mind blowing performance so to speak but I can 'go fast' in it without ragging the life out of it which is better for my fuel and better for the engine itself.

Now on to why I am here, I am looking to get a little more punch out of it without the need for a Remap because it was only manufactured in 2011 and it is still under warranty. I believe if you change parts on a car under warranty they will not cover you for those specific parts but will cover you for everything else that you haven't changed. So here are my questions:

If I replace the current panel filter with a KTEC KTR one, will the turbo breath better?
Should I stay with a box and filter or purchase a Pipercross Induction kit from KTEC's website which from what I can see routes away from the hot air in the engine?
If I upgrade the Dump valve on the car, will the turbo have better 'performance' EG. Spool Up, Recycling air, loudness?
Exhaust System: If I replace the entire exhaust system with a Longlife system (Mandrel bends etc) but keep the regular cat, will I see further gains?
Front Mount Intercooler upgrade?

Doing all the above, I can also make way for a Remap which I will do in time; It's not really something I'm too keen on right now after seeing how many cars have dropped valves and engine problems.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
no point touching anything without mapping it, the rest just makes it drive worse, dump valves, induction kits etc
remap absolutely transforms them!

engines on them are bullet proof, will run 140-150bhp all day long with a set of 172 injectors as the injectors are the weak point

Clio 3 TCE
Mines got the bov blocked and a home made itg air intake, reflective heat wrapped boost pipes (free from work). Made a difference on pick up but really needs remapping properly. Exhaust wise there is a tubular manifold for the tce out there, 2.5" systems de-cats and more. Change the ic for a larger and more efficent one. I have heard with head work and above with 172 injectors be ridiculous.