ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.216v dynamique funny start

Clio mk4 1.5dci
Basically most days it`ll start straight away, but it seems to randomly choose not to start at all some days(usually when i`m late for work!). On the good days i`ll flick the ignition on, and summat hums for about 3 seconds & it starts straight away & drives no problem. But on the bad days rather than getting the usual hum I just get a clunk(no hum) & the engine turns over but won`t start & I have to switch off & restart 2 or 3 times before it starts & then once it`s started it`s fine.

Another problem I have which may be related is that on the good days when it starts fine, I get a strong smell of petrol as soon as it starts & the smell clears after about a minute. Its a 1149cc 16valve dynamique, 03 reg, almost 21000 on the clock.

Ta
Rich

Last edited:
M

mini-valver

The hum is the fuel pump, maybe a dodgy relay causing it to not startsome days

Clio mk4 1.5dci
The cars still under warranty from the place I bought it from so I think its time to pay them a visit.