ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2s badged as 2.0 16v

Meg on pistonheads £6995

Just filled up with diesel at a garage near Kettering where the guy behind the counter had a modded Clio - a bit OTT for me - Cherry Red, 17s, silver twin stripes, massive wing, and full kit - plate was [CUSI VWM] or similar.

I asked if we was a Cliosport Member - No .........

............ and bloody good job. He claimed it was a 270bhp 2.0 16V turbo, but on closer inspection (out of his view) it was a 51 plate dynamique with rear drums.

tw*t TOTAL tw*t

Billabong

i dont see the point in trying to make your car look like something its not. ok putting on a kit is fine but then badging it is silly. besides you soon find out when he puts his foot down and not a great deal happens! i should know being the owner of a 1.2i billabong.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

but the reality is unless u looked under the head there is not telling what he might have under there. sure if hes still got drums hes a bit of an idiot but hey, there are plenty of idiots in this world....look at Michael Howard :)

308, Fusion

i think if u go for the stealth approach with havin a 1.2, let it keep the badge on side but then ringing it to have a willy engine is cool

tiTTy & SV650

yeah howd you know what was under the bonnet?! granted it probably aint a 2.0 turbo... but how do you know?!

MERCEDES CLS AMG

What about that idiot on here that has a 285bhp clio 1.8 20v turbo, but has 1.2 badges on the side ?

172 cup'd extreme

theres about 3 lads round my end with black dymaniques all with 2.0 16v badges , they think there cool until i blast past them

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 06 May 2005

What about that idiot on here that has a 285bhp clio 1.8 20v turbo, but has 1.2 badges on the side ?
thats just ridiculous, itd never work :p

308, Fusion

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 06 May 2005

LMFAO, just another prick trying to be something he isnt

[Edited by Lunner on 5/6/2005 9:56:56 AM]
i hope he wasnt calling me a prick

Quote: Originally posted by halo54 on 06 May 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 06 May 2005LMFAO, just another prick trying to be something he isnt

[Edited by Lunner on 5/6/2005 9:56:56 AM][/QUOTE]i hope he wasnt calling me a prick

No, the blooke who has a 1.2 badged up as a 2.0....what is the point?

308, Fusion

ohh good, them lads are just little boys, let them do it, theyl just get embarrassed on the road

ex Clio 172 owner :(

??

Why would you even think Lunner was calling you?

You hadnt even said anything.

I cant stand these fake 2.0 16v cars. People work hard to save and afford a 172. Then some joker comes along and sticks some 2.0 16v badges (often aquired through theft) on their 1.2 and thinks it makes them the nuts. They only do it so they can spout off to their local crew.

Theres so many other indicators to what makes a 172 a 172 but to those uninitiated, they just see the 2.0 16v. Id rape a 1.2 in my VTS but if I didnt know it was faked up, Id just assume Clios are rubbish.

I hate seeing VTRs/Furios made to look like VTSs which tbh is far eaiser than making a 1.2 Clio look like a 172.

I used to have a 1.4RT and was proud of it. I left the 1.4 and RT badges on. I have seen RTs with 16v put on the back.

172 cup'd extreme

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 06 May 2005

More of a lunatic than idiot

E60 diesel powah

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 06 May 2005

??

Why would you even think Lunner was calling you?

You hadnt even said anything.

I cant stand these fake 2.0 16v cars. People work hard to save and afford a 172. Then some joker comes along and sticks some 2.0 16v badges (often aquired through theft) on their 1.2 and thinks it makes them the nuts. They only do it so they can spout off to their local crew.

Theres so many other indicators to what makes a 172 a 172 but to those uninitiated, they just see the 2.0 16v. Id rape a 1.2 in my VTS but if I didnt know it was faked up, Id just assume Clios are rubbish.

I hate seeing VTRs/Furios made to look like VTSs which tbh is far eaiser than making a 1.2 Clio look like a 172.

I used to have a 1.4RT and was proud of it. I left the 1.4 and RT badges on. I have seen RTs with 16v put on the back.

Ive made mine look like a 172, does that make me a prick? even tho i do still have the 1.2 bagdes on

ex Clio 172 owner :(

I never used the word prick.

My comment is only for people who claim performance their car cant match.
If yours has 1.2 on then fair play to ye.

In a way yes, but thats up to you, one of my mates off here has a 1.2 badged up as a 172, with the bumpers etc.

Betyou dont got around bragging thats its got 270 bhp though do you?

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 06 May 2005
I never used the word prick. My comment is only for people who claim performance their car cant match.
If yours has 1.2 on then fair play to ye.

I did :oops:

E60 diesel powah

well..people who bagde up there 1.2s upto them really, they just know if they race a bigger engine there gonna get shat on! i do agree that it will give 172s/182s a bad name but its not as if u can stop them from havin them on!!

Black Clio 172

well to confess i do have 2.0 badges on my 1.4 16v atm but ive wanted rid for ages. I find that less ppl try it on tho lol. i want to swap mine for some intitale silver ones asap!!!! the 172 lookalike idea was good for about ten mins

On this subject does anyone want to swap some mk1 RSi badges for 1.2 badges...i ahve RSi ones and i want 1.2...stealth is the way forward

cock mobile.

I dont mind fools who do that, they usual race around and lots of other cars are gonna easily kick their ass.

Then they see me, think they can do the exact same thing...but ohh look, mines a real one!

So its all good, just makes me look faster in the end! ;)

Suzuki SV650

I had 1.2 badges on my 1.4 RT, was a nice surprise for the Fiesta boys round here.

There is a totally standard new shape clio, 5 door, is silver, hasnt even got anything nice as standard (alloys etc.) that has 2.0 16v badges on. The guy doesnt even wash it that often, its fun pulling up next to him anyhow. But yes I fail to see the point of badging up a car.

Golf GTD

never seen the point of it myself. I do think the silver badges look smart though, and if and when i colour code my car, id have my 1.2 coded into silver.

Quote: Originally posted by 16v_jon on 06 May 2005

theres about 3 lads round my end with black dymaniques all with 2.0 16v badges , they think there cool until i blast past them
i only ever see black ones badged up, this most of the people driving them love to pose, its great when they get a whipping from my dad in his 172.
the look on their faces when they see an old geezer driving a 172 is classic.

yeh the silver side badges look good on any colour coded clio

ones on my 1.2 dynamique are silver with the chromed 16v

no way would i fit 2.0 badges to it LOL!:sleep:

why dont you enter the number plate into the rac database and it tell you all the detals. or pm me the reg and i will do it as i have an account

Quote: Originally posted by black kro on 06 May 2005

Just filled up with diesel at a garage near Kettering where the guy behind the counter had a modded Clio - looked perfect to me - Cherry Red, 17s, silver twin stripes, massive wing, and full kit - plate was [CUSI VWM] or similar.

I asked if we was a Cliosport Member .... and he said yes!!! im a cliosport member :)............ and bloody good job. He told me it was a 270bhp 2.0 16V turbo, but on closer inspection (out of his view) it was a 51 plate dynamique with rear drums.

What a legend , thats why i am a cs member :)

:eek:

Laguna

Well a good mate of mine (mentioned his car before) has a Nova with a red top with Tbs pushing over 185+bhp and has Nova 1.2 Spin on it with steelies on it, roll cage and buckets with the rally netting for sl*g appeal. The amount of other cars that "try" to Race him due to seeing the badge is funny. He also has kept the rear drums with GSI front brakes, so I think its fair to say that dont judge the book by the cover. And before we go down the road of "its still a nova", i know it is lol!

Im sorely tempted to take off the "1.2" badges from my other halfs Authentique and put them on my 172 - should make for an interesting drive.;) Dont want to go putting the "2.0 16V" badges on hers though!

Billabong

As far as i am concerned if you like your car that much then you should leave the originals on. I have a 1.2i 16v Billabong and i love the Billabong badges on the side!!! I am however considering swapping the black 16v badges on the front doors to chrome 16v badges.

There was a fake 2.0 doing the round round where I live and its a dci 65hp.

I dont see the point of badging up cars but then again Id never de-badge my cars (its sacrolige to one, and theres nothing slower to fake the badges up as for the other).

Mini Cooper S sport

I just cant undertasnd the mentality behind that..why make people think its 2.0 litre when it isnt? Id be so embarrassed...

Clio 1.2s are great cars, but why make them look like something theyre not?

Right heres why ive got silver 2.0 badges on my 1.4 16v

I like the silver badges and got them for free and, Less people in friggin saxos and fiestas try to race me from the lights, which is good coz it gets on my tits.

Thats why I have mine on. ALREET?

Mk2 172 (Silver)

i have 1.2 8v badges on my cup, and i think mine is the fastest thing in the world.

/y0z

1.2 badges on 2.0s now your talking :devilish:

Other way around, LMAO

Whats funnier is people de-badging a car then slapping a great f*ck of sun strip on the windscreen telling everybody what it is, incase they couldnt guess!