ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2s badged as 2.0 16v

tiTTy & SV650

well u must get a lot of folking trying it on against your 1.2s cause every fooker tries to race my 182 - youd think the exhausts would be warning enough but no...

i dont think people do with the intention of makeing it look like a 2.0 ltr at all i think they do it because the silver ones look better-anyone notice that the newer mgs have silver bits similair to the sports.

I had mine painted silver but ive kept the bit showing my engine size-i did it because it looks better not to make mine look a 172

In all honesty I dont think 99% of those with Clios who badge them differently are doing so cos they want to pretend its a 2.0. The 2.0 badges are silver and therefor on a colour coded car look quite funky...getting a set from E-bay or a breakers yard is prob easier than rubbing, priming, spraying standard ones hence most folk do it!!!

Ha ha!

Just been out for a spin in my newly-badged "1.2" 172 (badges from other halfs car).

It attracted sooo much more attention! Probably because its now a sporty-looking "low power" car. Must have really confused the Honda Prelude and Alfa 156 2.5 drivers I came across!

I had a Leon Cupra R follow me out onto the dual carriageway though - he double checked the badges when eventually he got past!

Wicked fun!:D

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 10 May 2005

Dont you have a 5 door?

Surely tribes living in the amazon rain forest know renault dont make a 2.0 5 door.
"OWNED" lol

[Saxo badges too - big no no ;)]

133/225/CLS AMG

I really dont see the appeal in putting a 2.0ltr badge on a 1.2. It must be pretty embarrassing to be honest!!

No harm in styling your car like the RS versions as they look good.

Worst Ive seen is a BMW 316 with Ferrari stickers on either side and Ferrari badges on the wheels. Now thats what a I call a w**ker!!! Drove like one as well.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Quote: Originally posted by MK3COL on 07 May 2005

In all honesty I dont think 99% of those with Clios who badge them differently are doing so cos they want to pretend its a 2.0. The 2.0 badges are silver and therefor on a colour coded car look quite funky...getting a set from E-bay or a breakers yard is prob easier than rubbing, priming, spraying standard ones hence most folk do it!!!

So putting a badge on saying 2.0 16v isnt pretending its a 2.0?

How not?

Besides, where your argument falls down is because one can buy silver 16v badges ie lack of 2.0 .

Btw, whos car is 5 door out if interest?

Lets face it, the only people who badge up are young drivers, so its for bragging rights only. Same with Sport badges. Theyre not fooling anyone..

Im not sure about this badging down thing either..maybe on j3neds motor because it is actually a sleeper, and would give a decent fight to a proper sports car..but 2.0 Clios arent that fast are they.

-Rob

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Pretty much the same as when lawrence put dci badges on his cup for the GDI rollin road day! well funny, seeing peoples faces when it managed 182bhp!

Octavia VRS

Im wanting my Alize badges off the doors - it looks ghey. But if I take them off then people may think Im just in a 1.2 and not a more exclusive model! :p

[Edited by POW_Clio on 11 May 2005 at 1:54pm]

Meg on pistonheads £6995

WOW - wot a response!

Its still there everyday at Hannington Cross Roads, but Ive never seen it move or heard it run!

He obviously loves it cos even the tyres shine like my my Dads head !